Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,097 members, 7,880,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:08 PM

Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa (42033 Views)

Why EFCC, ICPC, AGF May Lose More Corruption Cases / How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom / I Will Drag Dasuki, Dokpesi And Bafarawa To ICC Next Week- Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by MCRUEMUS: 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
EFCC EXTEND YOUR SEARCH LIGHT TO DELTA STATE. HERE STEALING IS AN OPEN SECRET. THE MONEY UDUAGHAN STOLE IS MORE THAN 10 STATES BUDGET COMBINED
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by mart2k(m): 11:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
Sijo01:
Nigeria, the den of thieves.
bae, u cn relocate, it is allowed. U mean I shld choose a country for u...hmmm....ok Syria is gud enof. Abeg na joke I dey o
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by mart2k(m): 11:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
siraj1402:
Heads will roll.

Meanwhile we need moringa seed worth 5000kg,interested seller can call me on 08036534549.We will pick it up and its cash and carry.
If uar serious, com n meet me in Yola, I can supply all d kilo u want. If u think Yola is nt too safe u can go to my branch office in Damaturu. We v closed our Maiduguri office for security purpose. May God, ur grandfather, grandmother, greatgrandmotherfather protect u as u travel tru dangerous Northern states. Make sure u wear ur anti explosive vest o because dos boko boys no dey look face. Gud luck
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by mart2k(m): 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
saintkel:
and if found not guilty?
Even if not found guilty, we wl stil find a way to revoke his licence

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by mart2k(m): 11:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
Bollinger:
“They believe the funds were budgeted for arms procurement but was diverted to Mr. Dokpesi.” if this is true, then i see no reason why he was arrested. He is a businessman and he was given payment for services rendered or to be rendered. How is he to know if the funds were meant for arms procurement? It's just like arresting an owner of a TV station who does adverts for dubious pastors who rip off their congregation.
Ar u not a thief if u bought a car that worth #2.5m at d token rate of 600k? Tell me, wat kind of adverts or jingles wil worth such huge amount under few wEeks?

2 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
MCRUEMUS:
EFCC EXTEND YOUR SEARCH LIGHT TO DELTA STATE. HERE STEALING IS AN OPEN SECRET. THE MONEY UDUAGHAN STOLE IS MORE THAN 10 STATES BUDGET COMBINED
lmao. 10 states ke? abeg no kill person family.
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Areooje: 12:14am On Dec 02, 2015
Hmm very funny. Buhari is witch hunting pdp members when the likes of Ameachi fashola tinubu and many others are made ministers with clear cases of corruption on their necks. This government can never make anything out of all nonsense. Take them to courts and give them fair hearing. Aregbesola is there in osun state with heavy burden of debts on the state with nothing to show for it. Well thank God Buhari is not our messiah. He just come and can never conquer except he is having many foes
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 02, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy like that etisalat advert on tv.... grin grin grin grin grin

dammytosh:
Shukuudi, can u do me a favour ? Gerrarahia
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by aguiyi2: 12:52am On Dec 02, 2015
chukwudi44:

Will you shut up you idiot? Did you not see me campaigning against the fraudster Fashola for inflating the money he used for website?
.Nwanne, I bu ezigbo Ezi ohia.You keep supporting political crooks.Na so Biafra go stand?.Anu congo.

3 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by hedonistic: 12:54am On Dec 02, 2015
I don't get it. So it is now an offence to receive money from anyone without a 'clear reason'? If a person gifts me 2 billion Naira, how the hell is it a crime on my part to receive this gift? What exactly is the charge?

Even if I receive a payment of 100 billion, and the EFCC arrests me to explain, I wouldn't say 'pim'. Let them tell me what my offence is and they should seek the reason from the person that paid the money. It is ridiculous.

If they cannot establish criminality or criminal intent in the payment or receipt of the money, then they have no case. Third world jungle with third world methods of law enforcement. Idiots.
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Dolarman(m): 1:30am On Dec 02, 2015
chukwudi44:

At least I know I didn't support certified fraudsters like Fashola and Amaechi nor certificate frauds like the dullard himself.

You are just the BIGGEST fool I have ever read his comments on Nairaland.... You should be Ashame of yourself.... Omo ale jatijati

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by ibisko04: 1:41am On Dec 02, 2015
Dannyset:
Can China and Malaysia borrow us their capital punishment for looters! These set of people should be on their journey to hell now with their Boko Haram kingpin.

As for Dokpesi, if Ezekhome like let him wail to heaven, this man won't leave until he clears his name.
Ozhekomeh can fight for his Aghenebode kinsman, that will not stop investigations into what the payment was made for.
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by edo3(m): 2:08am On Dec 02, 2015
jacabi:
Dasuki's lawyer, Joseph Daudu.
Saraki's lawyer, Joseph Daudu.
That man daudu will ever be remembered in our history for defending d wrongs.

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by dexterinc2003: 2:22am On Dec 02, 2015
Im loving what im seeing on nairaland for the first time...we are all joining hands together to fight corruption as 1.. using Mr chukwudi as an example...i still believe in this country die!!! Even Maupe/Barcanista that wanted to shout witch hunting quietly walked away. grin .
P.S: chukwudi,u see ur life!!!! Change has come to stay.

2 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Sylverbox(m): 2:48am On Dec 02, 2015
podosci:
The politicians who have enslaved us don't are about tribe, religion or ethnicity. They steal and share the loot amongst themselves. But the poor and enslaved Nigerians are the onces bothering about trivial issues.
Intact! Na only God fit bless you for this talk. How I wish many people reason this way.

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by MICHEALADEX(m): 2:54am On Dec 02, 2015
Dokpesi nha only 2billion u collect and tinubu don sue you for 150billion. You see ur life??
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by sunny2k: 3:09am On Dec 02, 2015
EFCC arresting everybody bt have not been able to prosecute anybody. SHAME SHAME SHAME on u guys
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by chuzero(m): 3:51am On Dec 02, 2015
Chei!!!!!and I dey here hungry dey catch me
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Nobody: 3:53am On Dec 02, 2015
chukwudi44:

At least I know I didn't support certified fraudsters like Fashola and Amaechi nor certificate frauds like the dullard himself.
I believe you are only acting this way because you know its a faceless forum...Sometimes,I wonder what you look like and what kind of life you live for real...Insulting an old man like you won't be cool.
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by jomoh: 4:19am On Dec 02, 2015
chukwudi44:

Will you shut up you idiot? Did you not see me campaigning against the fraudster Fashola for inflating the money he used for website?

Chukwudi. Honestly you're better than this. You're very dogged and strong in your resolve but you don't have to leap to the defence of this thieves all the time to show you discontent about the present administration.

What business does the NSA have with AIT. Is AIT supplying arms and ammunitions.

These people are the reason why we are here fighting each other. We should instead unite against them at opportunities like this.

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by yomisco4love(m): 4:29am On Dec 02, 2015
no wonder your name is Chuckwudi!!! cos it takes a chuckwudi to reason so shallow the way you do. though, your wailing is not much surprising .cos your name has spoken it all.

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Bollinger(m): 4:42am On Dec 02, 2015
mart2k:
Ar u not a thief if u bought a car that worth #2.5m at d token rate of 600k? Tell me, wat kind of adverts or jingles wil worth such huge amount under few wEeks?

You are talking from your limited experience. Ad's during elections are very expensive anywhere in the world. This is television you know and you are comparing it to buying a car. Business owners are there to make money. This is like arresting the owners of MTN for selling sim cards to kidnappers.

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by miqos02(m): 5:33am On Dec 02, 2015
ok
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by Ifebazz(m): 5:38am On Dec 02, 2015
wachakuta:

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday arrested the founder of Africa Independent Television (AIT), Raymond Dokpesi, and former Sokoto state Governor, Attahiru Bafarawa, in connection with the ongoing investigation into arms procurement by the office of the National Security Adviser during the Goodluck Jonathan administration

PREMIUM TIMES learnt the two men were arrested at their Abuja homes by two separate teams of detectives and then taken to the commission’s headquarters where they are currently being interrogated.

The spokesperson for the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, who confirmed the arrest of the two politicians declined to give further details.

“All I can say is that some arrests were made including the two names you mentioned,” Mr. Uwujaren said. “But investigations are still on and there is nothing more to tell you at this point.”

However, a source at the commission told PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Dokpesi was arrested after investigators established that he received some money from the office of the then NSA, Sambo Dasuki, “without any clear reason”.

“Chief Dokpesi received N2.1 Billion from the NSA’s office but investigators cannot see any clear reason for the payment,” he said.

The source said investigators were “suspicious that the money was passed to him as payment for the damaging documentaries and campaigns his station ran on Buhari, Tinubu and Amaechi.

“They believe the funds were budgeted for arms procurement but was diverted to Mr. Dokpesi.”

On his part, the former Sokoto governor, Mr. Bafarawa, whose son, Sagir, was earlier arrested by the anti-graft agency, was picked up after investigation showed that he also allegedly received about N4.6 billion from the office of the NSA with no clear reason for payment.

Investigators said they suspect Sagir acted as front for his father.

Meanwhile, operatives of the State Security Service are currently interrogating Mr. Dasuki who was also arrested early Tuesday in connection with the arms procurement investigation.

Mr. Dasuki’s lawyer, Joseph Daudu, confirmed the arrest to PREMIUM TIMES, saying he was working to get further details.

He said he was aware that the EFCC had applied to Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court, Abuja, asking for cancellation of the bail granted to Mr. Dasuki weeks ago.

“To my knowledge, that application is still pending before the court,” Mr. Daudu said.

A presidential investigations committee into arms procurement under the Goodluck Jonathan administration had said in its interim report that it found extra-budgetary spending by the Jonathan administration to the tune of N643.8 billion and an additional $2.2 billion in the foreign currency component.

$2.2billion Arms Deal: Why EFCC arrested Dokpesi, ex-Governor Bafarawa - Premium Times Nigeria
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/194241-2-2billion-arms-deal-why-efcc-arrested-dokpesi-ex-governor-bafarawa.html
All still amount to rubbish if after all the arrests we have been hearing since this Daoura Scholar started campaign with kwarupshun he still cannot CONVICT just one person. I thought by now, Nigeria would be deliberating on building more prisons. #changeindeed
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by AfroKnight: 5:58am On Dec 02, 2015
Why would Dokpesi receive money meant for arms purchase? Is he selling arms? Abeg charge him to court let him sing for us.
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by awoluyi(m): 6:00am On Dec 02, 2015
All those that have plundered this nation will be plundered in due season. I don't care which political party they belong to, they will not be remembered for anything good. These visionless people have thoroughly retarded the progress of Nigeria having stolen our common wealth. I doubt if our corrupt legal system can bring these "pen robbers" to book, but it's certain that they will rewarded according to their deeds.
Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by awoluyi(m): 6:02am On Dec 02, 2015
All those that have plundered this nation will be plundered in due season. I don't care which political party they belong to, they will not be remembered for anything good. These visionless people have thoroughly retarded the progress of Nigeria having stolen our common wealth. I doubt if our corrupt legal system can bring these "pen robbers" to book, but it's certain that they will be rewarded according to their deeds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by 989900: 6:08am On Dec 02, 2015
No wonder AIT fought tooth and nail, throwing decorum and ethics to the wind.

And, he still owes workers 7 months plus salaries -- I guess part of the plan.

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Arrested Dokpesi And Bafarawa by 989900: 6:11am On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=Ifebazz post=40599244]
[s]All still amount to rubbish if after all the arrests we have been hearing since this Daoura Scholar started campaign with kwarupshun he still cannot CONVICT just one person. I thought by now, Nigeria would be deliberating on building more prisons. #changeindeed[[/s]/quote]

S H U T U P!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victor Nyeche Ihunwo Gives Friday Opurum A New House In Port Harcourt (Photos) / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Abia 2023: Labour Party’s Alex Otti Unveils 38-Year-Old Running Mate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.