Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,289 members, 7,881,073 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:55 AM

Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard (20787 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Lagos Judge Reads Ruling In Darkness As Power Went Off In Courtroom / Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by porka: 12:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
ziego:
Buhari is a genius
He has successfully crashed nija
In 6months grin grin

You don't need more than a NEPA bill to completely destroy an economy that was painstakingly built in one and half decades.
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
BlackTechnology:
undecided Buhari's body odour has killed the power sector to the point that Fashola is lost on how to address the issue grin

but fashola just came in not too long ago.

1 Like

Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by trytim100(m): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
mrvitalis:
I done know what this people are saying ooh
.. . But in pH( mile 2) I would say in most days it's over 18 hrs per day
,good for u.. did u ask. if alesa Eleme get light,even Bori for khana, bodo for gokana?
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
bamite:
I dont know of abuja but where i stay, there is 24 hr power supply. Some of this publications are sponsored BS to smear the govt.
it's not sponsored. nearly the 36 states including abuja are experiencing one form of load shedding. can about 5,000 mw go round the 36? without rationing?

1 Like

Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by nelharry(m): 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
An American Constitutional Lawyer and author
Bruce Fein, has written an open letter to
President Buhari which was published in
Huffington post website yesterday. Very
interesting letter. Read below
President Muhammadu Buhari
Aso Rock, Abuja Nigeria
Dear President Buhari:
When you visited the United States Institute of
Peace last July, you pledged that you would be
"fair, just and scrupulously follow due process
and the rule of law, as enshrined in [the
Nigerian] constitution" in prosecuting corruption.
Such loftiness is laudable. As the Bible instructs
in Amos 5:24: "[L]et justice roll down like waters,
and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream."
But to be just, the law must be evenhanded. It
cannot, in the manner of Russian President
Vladimir Putin, be something that is given to
punish your enemies and withheld to favor your
friends. If so, the law becomes an instrument of
injustice bearing earmarks of the wicked rather
than the good.
In the United States, you declared a policy of
"zero tolerance" against corruption. You solicited
weapons and other assistance from the United
States government based on that avowal. But
were you sincere?
During your election campaign, you promised
widespread amnesty, not zero tolerance. You
elaborated: "Whoever that is indicted of
corruption between 1999 to the time of
swearing-in would be pardoned. I am going to
draw a line, anybody who involved himself in
corruption after I assume office, will face the
music."
After you were inaugurated, however, you
disowned your statement and declared you
would prosecute past ministers or other officials
for corruption or fraud. And then again you
immediately hedged. You were reminded of your
dubious past by former Major General and
President Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, who
succeeded your military dictatorship. He released
this statement:
"On General Buhari, it is not in IBB's tradition to
take up issues with his colleague former
President. But for the purpose of record, we are
conversant with General Buhari's so-called holier-
than-thou attitude. He is a one-time Minister of
Petroleum and we have good records of his
tenure as minister. Secondly, he presided over
the Petroleum Trust Fund, PTF, which records we
also have.
We challenge him to come out with clean hands
in those two portfolios he headed. Or we will help
him to expose his records of performance during
those periods. Those who live in glass houses
should not throw stones. General Buhari should
be properly guided."
You then swiftly backed off your zero tolerance
policy because you would have been its first
casualty.
You opportunistically announced that zero
tolerance would be narrowed to the predecessor
administration of Goodluck Jonathan because to
probe further would be "a waste of time." That
conclusion seems preposterous. In 2012, the
World Bank's ex-vice president for Africa, Oby
Ezekwesili, estimated that a stupendous $400
billion in Nigerian oil revenues had been stolen or
misspent since independence in 1960. The lion's
share of that corruption spans far beyond the
Jonathan administration.
Your zero tolerance policy seems to come with a
squint to avoid seeing culpability in your political
friends. A few examples are but the tip of the
iceberg.
A Rivers State judicial commission of inquiry
found that N53 billion disappeared from the
Rivers State Reserve Fund under former governor
Rotimi Amaechi. Former Lagos governor and
head of your campaign finance team Babatunde
Fashola was accused ofsquandering N78 million
of government money to upgrade his personal
website. The EFCC has ignored these corruption
allegations, and you have given both promotions:
the Ministry of Transport to Mr. Amaechi, and the
Ministry of Power, Works, and Housing to Mr.
Fashola.
In contrast, you have played judge, jury, and
prosecutor in the newspapers to convict former
PDP Petroleum Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke of
corruption.
Is this evenhanded justice?
United States Supreme Court Justice Robert
Jackson taught: "[T]here is no more effective
practical guaranty against arbitrary and
unreasonable government than to require that
the principles of law which officials would impose
upon a minority must be imposed generally.
Conversely, nothing opens the door to arbitrary
action so effectively as to allow those officials to
pick and choose only a few to whom they will
apply legislation and thus to escape the political
retribution that might be visited upon them if
larger numbers were affected."
To investigate or prosecute based on political
affiliation or opinion also violates Articles 2 and 7
of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It
is unworthy of a great nation like Nigeria.
Make the hallmark of your administration justice,
not retribution, and you may live for the ages.
I am a United States citizen and lawyer. I have
no political standing in Nigeria. Some might
argue that my speaking about the administration
of justice in Nigeria bespeaks impertinece. But
you chose to vist the United States to solicit
weapons and other assistance from my
government--a government of the people, by the
people, for the people. The United States
government represents me. What the United
States government does reflects on me. I thus
have an interest in addressing the actions of
foreign governments that receive United States
government aid.
Sunshine is said to be the best of disinfectants.
Sincerely,
Bruce Fein
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by blackfase(m): 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2015
Iv not had supply in my hood for d past 3 days and has been like that for d most part of 15 years or so so u can imagine how id feel if some plonkerhead comes around and spew bollocks like all is well with every region cos hes privileged to b exempted from d madness going on....

9jatatafo:

I will not answer him again because he is getting steady power supply in part of Abuja doesn't mean there is regular supply in all places. I am very angry with government if the day when they keep fooling us about steady power supply. All na wash
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by Jacko1(m): 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
Initial fear dat gripped all sectors wen buhari took ova seems to have fizzled away......
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by lovethchioma(f): 12:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
bamite:
I dont know of abuja but where i stay, there is 24 hr power supply. Some of this publications are sponsored BS to smear the govt.

The fact that you experience almost a constant power supply where you stay doesn't mean others aint suffering from lack of it. Because where I stay, I hardly enjoy up to the six hours daily supply the op even talked about.
Mind you, I dont belong to any party. I just want my country to become well again.
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by salbis(m): 12:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
bamite:
We hardly get electric power supply for 3 hours on a daily bases.
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
einsteino:
jakpa road, Warri 4hrs a day
really! I heard Edjeba enjoys constant power supply how true is that?
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by demavict(m): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
Mrreed:

u re ryt bro, i served dere. osogbo do hav lyt for more than 3dayz straight wthout phcn interruption. i wondr why dey re diffrernt from d rest of nigeria.
In Osogbo we have a Generating Plant hence nearness to Generation is the secret behind the constant light sir
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
And the bills are still exorbitant.
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by 9jatatafo(m): 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
blackfase:

Iv not had supply in my hood for d past 3 days and has been like that for d most part of 15 years or so so u can imagine how id feel if some plonkerhead comes around and spew bollocks like all is well with every region cos hes privileged to b exempted from d madness going on....

In my area we get light just 2 days in a week and it is always constant
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by calcal: 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
I love this country!
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by mrvitalis(m): 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
Iykopee:

Oboy ur lies no get part 2... Which side for mile 2 get that kind lite for 18 hours for PH? Becos i dey mile 2 now along ikwerre road, and 2 days and counting, no lite..
Nigga I said most days... u can ask anyone for the last two weeks how we have had light
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by aumoria(m): 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
It will be luxury if we have that much of power in a week in where I live in Ikorodu area, Lagos.
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by viktor01(m): 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
When I look at the pathetic state of things in the country, what comes to mind is the lyrics of the song "Obodo" by Nigga raw.
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by hyuga(m): 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
ojokoro housing estate lagos, 1-5 hrs daily.. and it's mostly 2a.m they bring it.
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by upsyLi(m): 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by anonimi: 1:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
gabman700:
What a country... No light, no fuel, loss of jobs, High FX exchange rate for business, Reduced stock price, Insecurity amongst others.
Where is this change!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186225_change_jpeg_jpeg94b34b227702fbe5c47290c95691a634

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2638335_117378378808222686209331845457370151459142n_jpg21fab79f34191754f3edd356d25b008d
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by Anasko(m): 1:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
we have Light like 22 hrs a day in kaduna.
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by lomprico(m): 1:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
mrvitalis:
I done know what this people are saying ooh
.. . But in pH( mile 2) I would say in most days it's over 18 hrs per day
It has always been like that since obj's tenure. Mile 1-3 are on federal line, which also feeds ust
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by MCRUEMUS: 1:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
all shout #BringBackGEJ
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by Mboi: 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
bamite:
So now you people know some of this publications are sponsord to smear the govt. When GEJ said it you all shouted "Clueless!". Meanwhile tell us that area you live that has 24hr power supply.
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by prettyboi1(m): 2:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
This vanguard newspaper again. Where I stay in Abuja,light is pretty great and I don't think I've heard people complain about light much in Abj.
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by Priest200(m): 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
Who even dey get d 6hours self...so what u guys ar saying is dat ever the flash una dey do us go stp
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by ziego(m): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
porka:

You don't need more than a NEPA bill to completely destroy an economy that was painstakingly built in one and half decades.

LoL
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by tete7000(m): 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
Is the new Sheriff now out of town?
Re: Agony, Hardship As Power Supply Drops To Six Hours Daily - Vanguard by ceejay80s(m): 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
This HOT sun is enough to generate electricity, why are we not thing fast? We can actually build a very big solar panel that would generate power in each state, every state do same and generate electricity from the sun, wetin china dey for ?china go help us develope the machines

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Out Of 8 PDP Lagos House Of Assembly Members Defect To APC / KING Center: We Didn't Give Buhari Any Award - Pic / Do We Need New States In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.