Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times (49177 Views)

Buhari Set To Increase Workers' Salaries - Daily Times / How Buhari’s TSA Saved Nigeria Billions Of Naira - Daily Times / Abia State Pioneers Cement Based Roads. Daily Times. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by kodlins(f): 9:29am On Dec 02, 2015
Did daily times just say allegations of killings

Sad. Sad very sad

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by backtosender: 9:30am On Dec 02, 2015
ruffDiamond:
yeah keep deluding yr self flatee it is allowed ,u dey dere when dem world leader s dey give am yr imaginary 'advicce' ni That bald headed felon kunu go rot in jail and nothing will happen.nobody is afraid of yr so called threat my friend it's empty drum ,whenever y'all ready to yr war pls start from sw we'll waiting .....b-EAST OF NO NATION
when it starts you Sw pussycats will be the first to run worst thing buhari will do is to listen to Yoruba people..this is why he never employed any Yoruba as adviser they will sell him off

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Toscoas2(m): 9:31am On Dec 02, 2015
Leopardd:

Honestly we don't even want non-Igbo and non-Igboid from SS in Biafra, in few years time you people will be a liability, and even Nigeria will discard you.
You shld hv started Ds BTW 2009-2015 wen GEJ was then d president. unah b thief
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by banio: 9:31am On Dec 02, 2015
Yerima canvassing for 2019
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Fearcom(m): 9:32am On Dec 02, 2015
Excellentmind:

Not even your crying can stop a fight for freedom. It's constitutional.

Who's crying?? You must be delusional. If I had the power you will be allowed cessation immediately. Good riddance
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Kestolovee95(f): 9:33am On Dec 02, 2015
No yoruba pastor collecting tithes from Biafrans will say this truth. Never! This is why i respect northerners and Biafrans. If we don't like each other, we say it right in front of ourselves, it is mutual but a yoruba will smile in front of you and then stab you at the back when you lose your guard. Cowards and hypocrites!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by mekadinho(f): 9:33am On Dec 02, 2015
PassingShot:
The problem is not whether they're entitled to secede or not. The problem is threatening a section of the country with violence and campaigning of violence against the government. The strategy of kanu has not worked anywhere and will not work in Nigeria.

If you want to secede, do so in civilized manner employing known civil strategies. Not intimidation and not coercion.
U mean d style MASSOB has been using for 12yrs? No... We love it ds way, atleast we got a core Northerner in Yerima talking abt it... More will join, and d gospel z moving from place to place, city to city, country to country. Its just a matter of time Bro.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Leopardd(m): 9:33am On Dec 02, 2015
suwalee:
the fight for freedom is awesome tho But their motive might change nd it might turn to d same nigeria u discared wats d point let's all work togeda nd mak nigeria work again that's all

You have been working for 101 years and since 55years you have been working extremely hard to make it work.

Step aback, look at your Nigeria from afar and tell me what you see. Lol,

4 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 02, 2015
suwalee:
I'm SS I jst hope dey don't join all dis yeeBos to leave naija cos at the end dey ain't trustworthy nnamdi Kalu is fighting for his own stomach wen d country divides that's wen we will kno if they all mean well for us I still stand for a one nigeria
Fulani herdsmen killed a palm wine tapper in delta state somewhere in isoko land and their first born child buhari is not even saying anything about it let alone condemn it.
Enjoy ur one nigeria o! Just pray those guys no pass ur street with their pets.
One nigeria looooooolz tell me something else

3 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Ossaifamous(m): 9:33am On Dec 02, 2015
Kuyo:
Children's of hate and wickedness we not like this news
the awkward moment when somebody can not spell "will"

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by 49cents(m): 9:33am On Dec 02, 2015
Fearcom:
If Jonathan had won the last Presidential election I'm very sure none of this Idiotic struggle would have come up. You didn't agitate for 6 good years PDP was in power yet LESS THAN FIVE MONTHS of APC rule you're screaming biafra to the high heavens.

May I remind you there has been MAaSSOB since the days of Obasanjo in 1999 or are u teen born in 2000?

Secondly the confab contains a lot of resource control to regions something close to self determination

But. For buhari this fake federal system that can't sustain on oil money again must continue

I ask you what I ask my yoruba friends: if the Northern youths were the ones agitating like the IPOB would you not ne glad?
Buhari is not helping matters by reducing the issues to forceful response

I need you to say the truth here

This is the age of freedom and this is no military era

6 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by AfroKnight: 9:35am On Dec 02, 2015
Something even the Igbo Senators and Governors could not say.

Igbos, charity begins at home. Talk to your leaders.

5 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Leopardd(m): 9:35am On Dec 02, 2015
Toscoas2:

You shld hv started Ds BTW 2009-2015 wen GEJ was then d president. unah b thief

We had to do what we had to do for them , based on brotherly love, just as they are kicking against Biafra, let every man go his own way, abeg.

And the Igbo man in Ariaria doesn't care whether GEJ or Buhari dey Aso rock, no be dem dey feed him. U grab?

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 02, 2015
I like to know Yerima's view about the ibo journalist who was forced into exile when she mentioned Mohammed in the article she wrote about the miss world contest in Abuja.

Freedom of expression and democracy was in Nigeria then but Yerima was mute. Hypocrites everywhere.
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by mart2k(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2015
BiafranPrince:

http://dailytimes.com.ng/biafra-igbo-legitimate-struggle-yerima/
Watchout, d man is only canvassing for ibo votes when he comes out to contest for president. Rubbish
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nature129(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2015
happney65:
But do an average Ibo Man or Woman really wants to leave Nigeria?To me the clamour for biafra is just from a minute few..Ibo's are all over Nigeria doing good..Inter tribal Marriages,Have got an Ibo girlfriend who doesnt even give a hoot about Biafra..Have got ibo friend's..I mean i think this clamour is just from a few nowadays and not the general ibo..My Take

She may say she does not want Biafra so that she does not hurt you, but deep down she knows what it means to her people.

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:37am On Dec 02, 2015
macolino:
Yerima on point on this one..infact more virgins for yerima

Hahaha
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by AyakaDunukofia: 9:38am On Dec 02, 2015
"Something must have gone wrong along the line when the Southern and Northern protectorates were amalgamated in 1914 till date...."

Pres. Goodluck Jonathan, at Udi, Enugu State, 2012.

In other words, the amalgamation was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by 49cents(m): 9:40am On Dec 02, 2015
PassingShot:
The problem is not whether they're entitled to secede or not. The problem is threatening a section of the country with violence and campaigning of violence against the government. The strategy of kanu has not worked anywhere and will not work in Nigeria.

If you want to secede, do so in civilized manner employing known civil strategies. Not intimidation and not coercion.

My friend I think you should do some soul searching because in recent weeks you have not been sincere in your postulations

At the end it is not getting results that sets one free, it is staying with that which is true when you come across it

I agree that kanu's approach is flawed but at times but then the demand for self determination isn't treason at least not in 2015

If buhari is an honest man he will see the truth in re structuring Nigeria to regions as these crap federation is against the well being of the poor

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by millhouse: 9:42am On Dec 02, 2015
Simple truth

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 02, 2015
Zico5:
Some of the so called leaders re just kids who still need direction. If someone of Yerima status can state something like this then his brain should be checked. The main question is why this so called agitation were not in place during GEJ era when igbo were at the fore front of this government. As well, no one is saying igbo should not be on their own. But any region that want to bring down the well being of this nation need harsh treatment. I agree that south east can stand alone cos they contribute little or nothing to this nation but bringing any part of the nation for their agitation is total war. I wish to state that Nigeria will not condone any act that may destroy the unity of our great nation.
Have you heard of massob?

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by mekadinho(f): 9:44am On Dec 02, 2015
chesterlee:

They can have his wish for Sharia law all over Nigeria, if/When they grant us Biafra

Hahaha...... I thought u r a church guy, u mean sharia all over Nigeria? Including sophisticated territory n Edo?
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by dignity33: 9:46am On Dec 02, 2015
Some people need to travel outside Nigeria in other to stop being myopic, people keep on talking about oil as the reason biafra woun't stand. My question to them is what have we gain from oil? Since the discovery of oil in Nigeria, is one sufferness or the other, corruption, Embezlement, decay infrastructures. How many country in G20 that have oil as the means of their livelihood, go to country like Japan,Southkorea, Southafrica, USA, Swiss and so many non of them have oil, yet they are Richer than Nigeria 100 times. I challenge any body that said oil is the reason for biafra agitation to have the oil as igbo people never knows the need of oil in Nigeria as we have learn to live without any meaniful assistance with our oil money.

5 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Toscoas2(m): 9:46am On Dec 02, 2015
Leopardd:

We had to do what we had to do for them , based on brotherly love, just as they are kicking against Biafra, let every man go his own way, abeg.

And the Igbo man in Ariaria doesn't care whether GEJ or Buhari dey Aso rock, no be dem dey feed him. U grab?
Google Biafra or watch half of a yellow sun, u will knw know they called war not e-war
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by emerged01(m): 9:46am On Dec 02, 2015
Very reasonable words from senator Yerima. They should allow biafra to be if they want it but I have one fear. It is a very long way to go. Hope Ipob are ready to pay the sacrifice of emerging as a nation.
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Fearcom(m): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2015
49cents:

May I remind you there has been MAaSSOB since the days of Obasanjo in 1999 or are u teen born in 2000?

Secondly the confab contains a lot of resource control to regions something close to self determination

But. For buhari this fake federal system that can't sustain on oil money again must continue

I ask you what I ask my yoruba friends: if the Northern youths were the ones agitating like the IPOB would you not ne glad?
Buhari is not helping matters by reducing the issues to forceful response

I need you to say the truth here

This is the age of freedom and this is no military era

Please! You and I both know that if Jonathan had won the last Presidential election, there will be no such agitation. I STAND TO BE CORRECTED. Some of us in yorubaland knew this was coming because we suspected some miscreants like Asari Dokubo and co kept making references to war if Jonathan loses the election. We know that huge stockpile of weapons were purchased for this purpose by cronies of the previous administration and the real intention of this agitation is to scatter the country and turn it into a war zone area because of it's rich resources. The WHOLE PICTURE isn't obvious to you because you are just pawns on the chess board of this power struggle-foot soldiers who are expendable once the power brokers are ready to move into the next stage of their evil agenda.
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by TruthisGOD: 9:47am On Dec 02, 2015
masonkz:
May I ask what states actually make up BIAFRA?

Seeking seccession isn't the issue, the issue is whether everyone within the zone actually share same idea. Convince the locals first before convincing the outside world. Else there might as well be another disagreement brewing, even if the Biafra thingy is granted.
Common sense will tell u that a refrendum will take care of that.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by ndugoodnews: 9:48am On Dec 02, 2015
The Federal Government should in urgency release the director of the ibo race struggle and the call for referendum and end this issue once and for all.my lovely country nigeria can't afford to waste the lives of its citizens and be fighting double war including the boko boys.let peace reign once in our beloved country so our presido can deliver on his promise. Their should be no distraction for this breeze of change.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by PassingShot(m): 9:49am On Dec 02, 2015
49cents:

My friend I think you should do some soul searching because in recent weeks you have not been sincere in your postulations

At the end it is not getting results that sets one free, it is staying with that which is true when you come across it

I agree that kanu's approach is flawed but at times but then the demand for self determination isn't treason at least not in 2015

If buhari is an honest man he will see the truth in re structuring Nigeria to regions as these crap federation is against the well being of the poor
So, threatening to take up arms against a government is not treason? Asking Ibos to kill Hausas and Yorubas anywhere they find them is not grievous enough an offense to be picked up?
Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Mbediogu(m): 9:51am On Dec 02, 2015
BiafranPrince:

http://dailytimes.com.ng/biafra-igbo-legitimate-struggle-yerima/
Yerima of all ppl speaking detribalized truth on such delicate national issue? LESSON : Neva write any man off based on a single reported issue.

1 Like

Re: Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2015
The truth remains the same whether or not it's Yerima that said it. Every sincere Nigerian knows that this British experiment will someday collapse, and give rise to a saner system or more nations. Whenever people who do not share similar values are aggregated together into one Lugardian Cage, violence, intolerance and ultimate separation are inevitable. The more homogenous a people are, the better for them.

In the era and age, every people should be allowed to chart their destinies, and where peaceful separation isn't possible, any other means should be deployed to achieve that. Can two walk together expect they be agreed? Certainly NO.

I still reiterate my total support to the Biafra people and their demand for self determination. And I salute their doggedness and courage.

Except you engage the oppressors, you're very much likely going to remain oppressed and that same oppression will be passed onto your kids. Pleading with the oppressor only boldens their resolve and pillagery.

Keep shouting. Keep discussing it. And you shall overcome. God bless the Igbo nation.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Entrance To The Imo Exhibition Center Commissioned By Osinbajo (Photos) / FG Stops Purchase Of Vehicles / "I Didn't Win Obaseki": Kabaka Kneels, Asks Gov. Obaseki To Forgive Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.