Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,942 members, 7,883,284 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:17 AM

Overused & Abused Words That Should Die With 2015 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Overused & Abused Words That Should Die With 2015 (705 Views)

Girl, 12, Livestreams Her Own Suicide On Facebook After She Was 'sexually Abused / 25 English Words That Hilariously Mean Something Else In Other Languages / What Would You Leave Along With 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overused & Abused Words That Should Die With 2015 by Hapuya: 11:03am On Dec 02, 2015
2015 will be over soon. It will soon be a thing of the past. Deservingly some overused words here on nairaland should die with 2015!

1. 'Unclad' - By this point, I have an automatic revulsion whenever my eyes caught this word in a nairaland topic headline or in the body of the post. WTF is unclad??! 90% of users of this word have no inkling of what it means. If they come across the photo of Tonto Dike sweeping Mr Churchill's compound in a wrapper tied over her chest, they will hurry down here to epileptically declared that she has been caught "unclad"! I can imagine the raving madness in their eyes as they type the topic. WTF??!

2. 'Stuns/Stunning' - At the rate these words pops up all over nairaland and other blogs, you will think Nigeria is overflowing with stunners! It doesn't matter which dress the celebrity is wearing, Mofos will still declared maddeningly that "Mrs X stuns in her bathroom slippers" Mr AY in the same shoes for 9 days running continue to 'stun' the sheeples. Practically anything stuns the users of these words. In fact are you guys okay at all? I don't see how anybody can be stunned this much within a single day and not go dazed and mad! If the use of the word is correct, then every single girl on the road should be termed a 'flock of stunners' cos some of them dresses better that these celebs all the time without fail and with minimal budget. WTF??

3. 'Hilarious' - Are we (you) all mad? If everything is hilarious and funny to some of you guys, I am afraid there is something more to it o. You don't find some things 'amusing'? 'Witty'?It definitely has to be hilarious? As in, you rolled on the floor and feel pains in your ribs when you see the thing? WTF??!

4. 'Clueless' - Guys, GEJ is gone now, can we all chill a bit? I recognize that there are still a lot of people is his exceptional mould hanging around here and on other blogs or sites but can we find other choice words or adjectives to qualify them? Such as 'future-less idiots' for instance? Just saying...WTF tho??!

5. 'My Joystick' - Dem swear for una?? Is there a permanent 'blue' tarpaulin over the area you grew up? What the actual f@#k??!

6. Eggplants: - We all know that billionaire blogger who is embarrassingly obsessed with this 'thing. Apparently everybody now wants to find one in their nearest vicinity. WTF??

I am sure there are more annoyingly overused words that deserves a timely death, feel free, the floor is open.

There are however some words I never get tired of seeing. 'Mbok' is a strangely cute word which I don't even know the meaning. It's small and full at the same time.
Re: Overused & Abused Words That Should Die With 2015 by Gamechanger: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2015
End time words
Re: Overused & Abused Words That Should Die With 2015 by PlayerMeji: 9:21am On Feb 25, 2016
Hapuya:
2015 will be over soon. It will soon be a thing of the past. Deservingly some overused words here on nairaland should die with 2015!

1. 'Unclad' - By this point, I have an automatic revulsion whenever my eyes caught this word in a nairaland topic headline or in the body of the post. WTF is unclad??! 90% of users of this word have no inkling of what it means. If they come across the photo of Tonto Dike sweeping Mr Churchill's compound in a wrapper tied over her chest, they will hurry down here to epileptically declared that she has been caught "unclad"! I can imagine the raving madness in their eyes as they type the topic. WTF??!

2. 'Stuns/Stunning' - At the rate these words pops up all over nairaland and other blogs, you will think Nigeria is overflowing with stunners! It doesn't matter which dress the celebrity is wearing, Mofos will still declared maddeningly that "Mrs X stuns in her bathroom slippers" Mr AY in the same shoes for 9 days running continue to 'stun' the sheeples. Practically anything stuns the users of these words. In fact are you guys okay at all? I don't see how anybody can be stunned this much within a single day and not go dazed and mad! If the use of the word is correct, then every single girl on the road should be termed a 'flock of stunners' cos some of them dresses better that these celebs all the time without fail and with minimal budget. WTF??

3. 'Hilarious' - Are we (you) all mad? If everything is hilarious and funny to some of you guys, I am afraid there is something more to it o. You don't find some things 'amusing'? 'Witty'?It definitely has to be hilarious? As in, you rolled on the floor and feel pains in your ribs when you see the thing? WTF??!

4. 'Clueless' - Guys, GEJ is gone now, can we all chill a bit? I recognize that there are still a lot of people is his exceptional mould hanging around here and on other blogs or sites but can we find other choice words or adjectives to qualify them? Such as 'future-less idiots' for instance? Just saying...WTF tho??!

5. 'My Joystick' - Dem swear for una?? Is there a permanent 'blue' tarpaulin over the area you grew up? What the actual f@#k??!

6. Eggplants: - We all know that billionaire blogger who is embarrassingly obsessed with this 'thing. Apparently everybody now wants to find one in their nearest vicinity. WTF??

I am sure there are more annoyingly overused words that deserves a timely death, feel free, the floor is open.

There are however some words I never get tired of seeing. 'Mbok' is a strangely cute word which I don't even know the meaning. It's small and full at the same time.

Though, this came late but I think you forgot to put 'ENDTIME'!!!

(1) (Reply)

Sabon Gari Market Kano Set Ablaze As Revenge For Mosque Burning / 2015 In Review: The 5 Most Powerful Images / Amazing! Can This Be Real Or Artistry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.