Stats: 3,172,183 members, 7,884,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst (1333 Views)

Have An Interview For The Post Of Asst Lecturer Zoology/animal Science Dept / Exam Date For Immigration Recruitment 2013 / Exam Date For Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by vindoheney(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2009
Associate Accountant/Business Analyst

An accountant or finance professional with very good knowledge of Excel and experience in financial analysis is required to fill the position of Business Analyst.
Responsibilities
1. Collate the annual financial reports (current and penultimate) for all the companies quoted on the Nigeria Stock Exchange
2. Collate the quarterly financial performance report submitted to the Nigeria Stock Exchange by all the quoted companies
3. Input into excel spreadsheets (in pre-defined format), the income statements, balance sheet and cash flow statements in the collated financial reports
4. Collate from annual reports and other sources, dividends and stock issue history from 1999 to date
5. Populate in excel, the financial data highlights from the annual reports.
Required Qualifications/Experience
• An accountant or finance professional with B.Sc (Hons.) degree and a minimum of 2-years post qualification experience
• Hands-on experience of working with company reports and other publications to conduct financial analysis for equity investments
• Experience in a stock-broking or wealth management is desired
• Interest in stock market/stock trading is also desirable
• Strong attention to detail and strong analytical ability.
• Very good Excel skills is mandatory and interest in IT programming is desirable
• Able and willing to source the required data from company registrars and other sources.
• Ability to work under pressure
Company Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Salary: 50-80k depending on experience

If you are interested in the above project and meet the requirements, kindly send your CV to the following:

varinze1@yahoo.co.uk

Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by toptop: 1:27am On May 31, 2009
all these job functions for just a paltry pay of 50000 naira? na wah!!!
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by DisGuy: 12:08pm On Jun 01, 2009
thats not bad fro entry level, atleast you'll gain good experience to start
plus you wont be on the street roaming begging for deposits

and most of the experience are listed as desired but not essential wink

ahhhh all in all dont knock the hustle!
you'll be working in the top floor AC blasting
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by ILOEGBE(f): 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2009
Vincent,

Hi, are you back to Doheney services?
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by babalawo(m): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2009
Dis Guy:

thats not bad fro entry level, atleast you'll gain good experience to start
plus you wont be on the street roaming begging for deposits

and most of the experience are listed as desired but not essential wink

ahhhh all in all don't knock the hustle!
you'll be working in the top floor AC blasting

Now tell me how after having a 2.1 and 2 yrs experience as stipulated in the advert---how do u house ur self in Lagos,transport your self ,feed ur self on 50k, U have people that sent you to sch too when will dey yield the dividend on 50K a month!!!

The truth is that 50k is Slavery for this job description and still the most popular quote in Nigerian labor law -'Ability to work under pressure'-without which no Nigerian can get work.

We all know the truth don't let desperation becloud your thinking.

U can even take the job for a lower pay but please don't let ur thinking be distorted! call a Spade a Spade.
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by mrsb(f): 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2009
50K?!?!?!?! shocked

Damn, I thought I was badly paid but I guess I'd better keep my mouth shut. lipsrsealed
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by DisGuy: 10:51pm On Jun 02, 2009
so what's the market rate this this job in Lagos in 2009?
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by babalawo(m): 2:26am On Jun 03, 2009
In my modest estimate 120 is a fair deal on this job,bearing in mind that Ur actually acquiring skills thatwill benefit Ur career in the long run
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by vindoheney(m): 11:29am On Jun 05, 2009
@iloegbe, how are you?hope you are ok. This is the 2nd week for this position and on frieday i will close it.I also want people with knowledge and skills but without the experience to apply, you never know you might be the favored one. If you also have a pre-experience, still apply and don't give up just because you don't have the post experience.

The job might not be for everyone but i bet you that this job will take you to places that you have been dreaming off(expo). Please no matter where you are now never look down on your small beginning because the end shall be great.

Note: once you are qualified for this position, you will receive a text for an interview but if not there will be other open doors.

Good speed and God bless you all that applied.
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by blacksta(m): 9:29pm On Jun 05, 2009
vindoheney:

@iloegbe, how are you?hope you are ok. This is the 2nd week for this position and on frieday i will close it.I also want people with knowledge and skills but without the experience to apply, you never know you might be the favored one. If you also have a pre-experience, still apply and don't give up just because you don't have the post experience.
[b]
The job might not be for everyone but i bet you that this job will take you to places that you have been dreaming off(expo). [/b]Please no matter where you are now never look down on your small beginning because the end shall be great.

Note: once you are qualified for this position, you will receive a text for an interview but if not there will be other open doors.

Good speed and God bless you all that applied.

take u to places and be broke and busted. No thanks - I like my current position.
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by DisGuy: 1:43pm On Jun 09, 2009
babalawo:

In my modest estimate 120 is a fair deal on this job,bearing in mind that Ur actually acquiring skills thatwill benefit Ur career in the long run

Exactly, you will be the one acquiring skills!

I think the banks kind of messed everything up with wages, everyone thinking they should be paid around 100k
lets be honest even most banks dont pay upto 100k-during the booms years i'll like to know how much unity bank, wema bank, finbank paid their staff and i heard intercontinental is paying around 75k- this job to me is purely entry level with a fancy title! wink

I doubt the candidate will be working past 5pm, chasing customers on the street for deposit etc

Una mouth don open when you see hear 'bankers' salary, its the employers market out there
siddon dia they wait for mega pay, while mumsy dey feed you

on a serious level they shoulld have a band like 50k-100 depending on experience and qualification
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by babalawo(m): 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2009
Dis Guy:

Exactly, you will be the one acquiring skills!

I think the banks kind of messed everything up with wages, everyone thinking they should be paid around 100k
lets be honest even most banks dont pay upto 100k-during the booms years i'll like to know how much unity bank, wema bank, finbank paid their staff and i heard intercontinental is paying around 75k- this job to me is purely entry level with a fancy title! wink

I doubt the candidate will be working past 5pm, chasing customers on the street for deposit etc

Una mouth don open when you see hear 'bankers' salary, its the employers market out there
siddon dia they wait for mega pay, while mumsy dey feed you

on a serious level they shoulld have a band like 50k-100 depending on experience and qualification

@ dis guy
soon U will have to pay ur employers for giving u the privilege to work that the orientation
I no blame u when ure born and breed into a system that does not make u live but survives what do u expect??-a repressed thinking
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by DisGuy: 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2009
babalawo:

@ dis guy
soon U will have to pay ur employers for giving u the privilege to work that the orientation
I no blame u when ure born and breed into a system that does not make u live but survives what do u expect??-a repressed thinking

you know nothing about me bro!

I'm telling people to be realistic! get your experience and work your way up
How exactly are you sure the company is a big player?

just because you see stock market dont mean you will be salivating!
putting numbers in excel and writint reports

In fact if i own this company, I wont even recruit deluded graduates, i'll recruit school or college leavers with good A level in numerate subject
and train them up- will be much more valuable than someone with a questionable degree wink how hard is working with excel and writing reports?

lets put this to the HR post and see what the wage is like?
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by babalawo(m): 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2009
babalawo:

@ dis guy
soon U will have to pay Ur employers for giving u the privilege to work that the orientation
@ dis Guy
I don't know u and U don't knew me either,I wouldn't have posted if Finance wasn't my line.so don't bother trying to teach data mining to any one here!
,I really don't want to join words with U but First, the way we analyse issues differs,U could as well read the Advert again maybe U will call a '2 years hands on- experience a starting point also read well • An accountant or finance prprofessionalith B.Sc (Hons.) degree and a minimum of 2-years post qualification experience,
I still maintain the 80k is not decent enough for a 2 year post qualification experience.
U go start Ur company and employ nursery rhymer's to field-in data for Ur investment and valuation reports for U and lets see how far U will go./better why not just run a program to do just that??Good luck!!!
Re: 2 Weeks Expiry Date For The Post Of Business Analyst by vindoheney(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2009
I want to thank you for all for your discussion and replies and for your applications as well. We will review what we have and the qualified and favoured ones will be notified.

One note of advice though,if you know that you are not interested in a thing, do not de-motivate or kill the spirit of the ones that would want to go into it.

Thank you again and have a nice day.

God bless you all.

Note: This vacancy closes today.

Pay Package Of Customer Care Officers / Adexen, International Recruitment Firm Vacancies- Trainees / Chevron Invite At The Chams Ikeja, Pls Any Body With An Idea Of Questions?