Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,665 members, 7,882,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? (6688 Views)

Poll: Which is Better?

XP: 56% (67 votes)
Vista: 43% (51 votes)
This poll has ended

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by UNLEASHED(m): 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2009
I prefer Win XP
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by lekside44(m): 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2009
@Ex Inferis
well, not ready to wage war. can you help me out with active x? want to creat some applications and i need some hi tech programmer. i think you could be of little help. if interested, i will give you my mail and get things started.
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by ExInferis(m): 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2009
im glad you said

lekside44:

i think you could be of little help

because i sure as hell am not

lekside44:

some hi tech programmer

in any case, you dont use active x to build "applications", you use it to create control or some limited functions in an app. now, im not grounded in MS' foundation class or COM, so i suggest you use java and code applets or if your intention is minimal, why not go with with XML?
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by lekside44(m): 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2009
@ Ex Inferis
well, i am not creating applications with active x, actually, what i wanted to do is i want to load an application automatically from an HTML page. it is something similar to java applet in which the java program loads with the HTML page.
i am curious, whats your discipline?
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2009
Lekside has come again with his forming guru tongue

you should check him out on the electrical engineers thread in career

and his claims to have disproved einsteins theory of relativity cheesy cheesy

dude, you're on the net. you can get away with all that while in a classromm with some ignorant folks. you cannot do it on the net. get used to the fact that while you can fool people in real space most of the time, you will fool people on the internet none of the time.

shebi you've registered on the swamp; no knowledge for you to dish out over there ? tongue
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by lekside44(m): 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2009
oyb:

Lekside has come again with his forming guru tongue

you should check him out on the electrical engineers thread in career

and his claims to have disproved einsteins theory of relativity cheesy cheesy

dude, you're on the net. you can get away with all that while in a classromm with some ignorant folks. you cannot do it on the net. get used to the fact that while you can fool people in real space most of the time, you will fool people on the internet none of the time.

shebi you've registered on the swamp; no knowledge for you to dish out over there ? tongue

habba oyb? who told you i am forming? don't know me. if you do, then you will see that i am natural. OYB, like to meet you? can i get your contact mail or phone?
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by blackweaver(m): 11:47pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ 4llerbe
you said: ok lets see, you buy a car, the engine doesnt work well, it doesnt have tires and u need the mechanc every other day, but u tell urself i bought a fine car!!!!!!

i don't think that's a fair analogy, how many people actually complain of tthe system not working? i think a better analogy is
you along live in a place like mushin where there's lots of traffic anfd the roads are not particularly wide;
hitherto you've used a small japanese car; now you buy some large american car that comes with lots of bells and
whistles llke you have to press some key combination everytime you want to open the door of the car and you have to
enter some security code everytime you want to start the car ,
Now the american car is still better than the japanese car, but unless you are driving on a highway, you'll probably find driving
the american car annoying; and while all those security features on the car may seem nice they could also be very annoying;

personally i believe MS had to bring out something else 'cos people were already biased against vista - myself included.
win 7 i like a smaller car that has all the bells and whistles but also has the option of toning down or totally disabling
some of the the security requirements
besides if 7 was released as is without vista being released previously i'm very sure most people would have complained about it
too. Fact is 7 is more like vista than either vista or 7 is like XP, just that now we're already resigned to the fact that the vista
features are here to stay

@4llerbe as per the cds, i clled you once; you never contacted me back - so it's not my fault; i did decide to stay off the web for a month but now am back
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by 4llerbe(m): 12:21am On Jul 08, 2009
hey weaver, there u are grin grin grin grin , well car or no car, it aint helping the poor point and click folks who are the silent majority of pc users, not all u bespectackled geeks addicted to the net embarassed embarassed embarassed my bad about the cd's good thing is i will be in lagos by the weekend so likely i call u up. cheers mate
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Rakhadani(m): 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
XP of course

I just bought a new laptop, 160 G.B Hard Drive and 1 Gig RAM. It was usin Vista basi then I Changed to Vista Business thinkin that I woud be safer!
That was even worse, Vista's security is pretty good and it's looks are fancy, but then, there is more to a computer than the looks!
That's why i'm w8n 4 Windows & while usin XP. Vista denies many programmes, some even function poorly and you can see that U r jst 4cn it!
In Games it's even worse. Furthamore, vista is very slow, slower than XP service pack 1! cool
Couldn't be bothered to go to Vista anymorre
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by bilms(m): 10:25am On Jul 24, 2009
xp better still
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Rakhadani(m): 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2009
XP is far much betta.

Well, i think every1 wil bear wit me dat Vista is a flop.
Vista is a disgrace and goin 2 it is, as a result, a waste of time.
But lets still give Microsoft a fair chnace as they are bringing about a new operatin' system - Windows 7.
Re: Xp And Vista, Which One Is Better? by Michael13(m): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2009
through out my stay in WINDOWS i haven't seen any OS as good as the XP, VISTA is just (how do you call it, ) is just nonsense, your system just hang uncontrollably and that's a good sign of a system about to crash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Windows Admin Password / Perfectly Clean UK Used Dell Core I7 4 Sale @ 55k / Ipad: My Ideal Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.