Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,956 members, 7,927,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 12:25 AM

Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! (1790 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Please How Long Does Your Cooking Gas Last? / Mention Your Cooking Disasters Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by Gracito(f): 6:51pm On May 29, 2009
Ladies,pls feel free 2 share ur cooking experiences here(also u can teach us the way u cook) and males dont feel exempted,u are welcome. grin grin grin
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by SeanT21(f): 3:36am On May 30, 2009
My cooking experiences are very diverse. Some dishes end up being good, bad, burned, 2 salty, 2 soft,etc. Cooking is always an experiment for me!!
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by teissys(f): 12:51pm On May 30, 2009
I ws forced to learn cooking when I ws in Primary 2. My mom ws working on night shifts, from 6pm to 6am and our househelp would go out and leave my kid sister and I alone so I would make supper. When my dad gets home he would find his food on the table (Either burnt, with too much salt or stew with too much water) But he would eat it and encourage me. After a few more practices I could cook anything to perfection.
I am the best cook now cool
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by Ejadamen(f): 12:58pm On May 30, 2009
I love cooking. Would love to know how to cook more dishes. It's usually a wonderful experience for me but i believe we all have our bad cooking days. Last week i prepared a pot of ogbono soup thank God it was a small pot. It turned out watery  embarassed cry. This is something i've been preparing for ages. Before i could think of what to do, my husband walked in looking very hungry. But he ate it sha grin. But when i tried to reduce the water it turned salty cry cry
Question, is it true nothing fried should go into ogbono soup?  undecided Maybe that contributed to the disaster. I used fried fish.

But i have my share of nice experiences like when i am making fried rice kiss kiss kiss kiss it just gets better and better.
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by kunmibola(m): 10:55am On Jun 02, 2009
One thing that i have always been grateful to my mum for is my 'cookability'. Just name any yoruba delicacies and i will beat you to it. I can cook,as in, coooooook. And im proud of this. Thanks to my mother.

I can't even tell who is a better cook between my mum and my old man.

@ladies,
you can't freak me with you cooking cos im a very good cook.
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by benheart(f): 10:56am On Jun 02, 2009
although, for me i love cookinf right from my childhood because i was left with my dad and my younger ones when i was 5years old so i was forced to learn how to cook, i leanrt how to cook from my grandma and anytime she is cooking i will sit very close to her in the kitchen assisting her for one thing or the other so that she can give me meat or a piece of fish that was how i learnt how to cook, cooking is part of my hobbies i can stay in the kitchen cooking for people to eat it makes me happy seeing people eating my food, but am hoppin to go for catering school to learn other continental dishes because i have plan of opening a big restaurant ib the nearest future. wink grin lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by kunmibola(m): 10:57am On Jun 02, 2009
One thing that i have always been grateful to my mum for is my 'cookability'. Just name any yoruba delicacies and i will beat you to it. I can cook,as in, coooooook. And im proud of this. Thanks to my mother.

I can't even tell who is a better cook between my mum and my old man.

@ladies,
you can't freak me with you cooking cos im a very good cook!
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by hackney(m): 11:26am On Jun 02, 2009
Can some nice lady (or even gent) write down how to make a mean fried rice and chicken abeg.

Ejadamen pls gi 'us a hand
tongue
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by Secretz(f): 11:45am On Jun 02, 2009
I love love loveeeeeeee to coooook!

It gets berra everytime. The best advice I think when it comes to cooking, is marinade in moderation. Not everyone's taste buds are the same. !

my favourite things to cook are:

Fish pepper soup!!
Suya
Jollof rice
Chicken
Okra soup
Efo
Egusi.

I cook others but not often as I don't eat them much. I am a sucker for Serious African hot hot pepper! grin
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by spicy007(f): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2009
im still searching for weekend cooking tutorials in any catering service in Lagos, preferably Ikeja.
the only one i know is Yetkem catering institute on Allen.
but i have gone on a few weekends and never met them there.
i can cook but i need to perfect my culinary skills.
pls if there is anyone with info on any catering service in Lagos, pls hook me up
thanx
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by peacemaka(f): 12:41pm On Jun 02, 2009
I only cook fully wen am @ sch, but at home d cooking is done mostly by my sisters and mum. but i can cook soup, especially my native soup. but i don't really enjoy cookin. Am not lazy ooooooo.
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by wanville(m): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2009
smiley
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by decworld1: 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2009
i love cooking , i dont think that any lady cook better than i myself.
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by nikewills1(f): 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2009
i love cooking a lot. its my second hobby.i started cooking i mean turning amala when i was arround 12, and now am an expert in any kind of dish from any part of the country.
@decworld
and no man should say he's better than any woman in cooking.
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by AmAlone: 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2009
Even Me Am Tired! grin grin grin

'Everybody' want too eat my beans! grin grin grin
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by liznelson: 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2009
Pls can anyone of u 'gurus' in cooking teach me how to cook fried rice? Thanks
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by denony(m): 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2009
i can cook every cookable and uncookable foods

I dey cook so teyyyyyyy, pot go dey cry for fire, so tey
i dey cook so teyyyyyyy, hungry go run from you so tey
i dey cook so teyyyyyyy, my mama go dey shout well done my child so tey

I will be back for the conclusion grin
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by impish: 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2009
cooking has always been one of my fave thins to do. i grew up watchin gordon ramsay, nigella lawson etc. im quite adventurous in the kitchen. i throw thins in the pot, sumtimes it turns out good, other times, but whichever ways, i make sure i eat woteva ive made. that way, il never make the same mistakes again. lol. made my first pot of j-rice today! (dont ask y please). so exciting. again, i just followed my instincts and it turned out great. been braggin to my sisters all day!! it didnt even get burnt! wow!fried rice is quite simple. for me, i recently started counting calories, so mine is never really "fried" like naija fried rice, but here goes:

sorry, i cant give u quantities cos i just chuck thins in as i wish! like all thins in my life, my cooking is simple and stress-free
1. mixed veg (i use frozen from sainsburys cos im lazy as hell, wish i had the time to sit and chop carrots dem dem)
2. spring onions
3. white onions and garlic
4. oil (preferably olive oil)
5. soy sauce
6. pepper (scotch bonnet or rodo) just cos i luv pepper, im sure u cud do away with it if u wanted to
7. maggi (i use chicken and crayfish), u can use the normal one, star, no?
8. shrimps ( like i said, i count calories, so my diet consists of seafood, seafood and more seafood, lol, but i kinda like the taste of shrimps with veg and rice anyway)
9. yeah, rice too and salt to taste
10. chicken stock ( i dont use this cos i feel its unecessary)

p.s i dont do all the naijan curry thyme etc. fried rice is not to b yellow. the off white discolouration (if u choose) is due to the soy sauce only!!!! learnt that in secondary scl, changed my life forever!

so, chop the spring onions, white onions and garlic and pepper. put some oil in the wok (again, u may use a pot here but i find that the wok cooks the vegetables much better and evenly without burning and also allows me to use very little oil and avoid charring my food!). i do a tablespoon of oil per person, depends on u though. pour in the chopped onions and garlic. let them stir fry on low heat for some time. 2/3mins. if using raw meat or chicken, add them now and stir occassionally to make sure they brown evenly. shud still b on low/medium heat. add in the vegetables (chopped) and pepper, sprinkle with salt (a little bit) and continue to stir fry. if using shrimps, add them now and let it fry for a bit more. reduce heat to minimum, pour in soy sauce and maggi.
boil rice in a separate pot. if using stock, boil rice in the stock. do not add salt to rice. when rice is boiled and all water dried, empty pot of rice into the wok containing the stir fry and stir in gently making sure that it doesnt get mashed up.

voila, ur fried rice is ready. hope it was useful!!!
peace!
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by vnwofor: 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2009
please does any one have an idea where a sister can get herself hooked up with some chinese food recipe or can any poof you good fellas teach moi? lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by waterworks(f): 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2009
@ impish u fry olive oil?
thats ver very very unhealthy it turns the good in olive oil into the opposite! but ride on i dey feel u on the soy sauce.
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by impish: 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2009
lol! thanx. actually, i use sunflower oil, but ive heard olive oil is good, so i recommended it. ive heard that olive oil when fried is dangerous, but i dunno o! i learn everyday, lol! at this point sef, i barely use any oil in my cooking. 1tbspn=120 odd calories!!! Imagine! I fear!!
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by inze(m): 3:03am On Jun 06, 2009
you can tell !!!

Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by Gracito(f): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2009
Hi can someone teach me how to cook African salad{ugba}
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by SeanT21(f): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2009
Gracito:

Hi can someone teach me how to cook African salad{ugba}

Try googling the recipe!! wink
Re: Ladies And Guys In The House, Share Your Cooking Expereinces! by Gracito(f): 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2009
Ok thank you seant21

(1) (Reply)

Is This Fried Meat Or What? / My yummy Noodles Preparation / Kitchen Assistant, Waiter, Waitress And A Baker Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.