Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,180 members, 7,880,679 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:59 AM

Basic Interview Question And How To Answer It - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Basic Interview Question And How To Answer It (822 Views)

5 Basic Things You Need To Do During Your Annual Leave / How To Answer The Interview Question "What Is Your Salary Expectation?" / Check Out His Reply To An Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basic Interview Question And How To Answer It by cesctotti(m): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?

Here is the Most Important Rule about any ‘what would you be’ question: Always choose QUALITIES about the thing (whatever it is) that apply to you and your fit for this job. Do not answer it by naming things that you like about it (i.e. “I would be an apple tree because apples are my favorite fruit.”)

It’s always a good idea, as part of your interview prep, to think about what qualities you have that would be good for someone in this job. If you’ve done that, it may be easier than you think to come up with an answer to a personality question like this on the fly.

What trees are ‘good’ trees? The oak tree is a tried-and-true answer—it’s strong and doesn’t bend in the wind (otherwise known as pressure from others). On the other hand, a palm tree could be a great answer because it’s so flexible it can stand up to hurricanes. If ‘productive’ is an adjective that applies to you, you could choose a fruit tree or a sugar maple tree (it produces maple syrup).

Trees NOT to choose: Cottonwood trees tend to be a nuisance because they release a lot of floating ‘cotton’ structures that carry seeds, so that may not be a wise choice. Neither is a sad, weak Weeping Willow. (I personally love both of those trees, but remember—it’s not the tree, it’s the quality the tree represents.)
Re: Basic Interview Question And How To Answer It by Isryl02(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
All dis kind yeye questions, how e take show sey person fit do d job, rubbish lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Basic Interview Question And How To Answer It by cesctotti(m): 11:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
[
Re: Basic Interview Question And How To Answer It by dpfaces(m): 11:48pm On Dec 10, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Become Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified For N5,000 ONLY - 75% Discount / My First Viable Job Experience [my Story And Advice] - Frankapptech / What Does It Take To Be A Successful Nurse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.