Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,975 members, 7,903,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project (31753 Views)

45 Years After, Fg Moves To Complete Mambilla Electricity Project / Obaseki Commissions Electricity Project In Benin / Photos: Aliko Dangote Promises 24hr Electricity Project In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by erico2k2(m): 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2015
philips70:

Collection of loans has never been a problem. The problem we have had over the years is these loans end up in their pockets and projects abandoned. Imagine defence budgets ending in people's pockets whilst women and children are dying daily from BH bombings.

Merely seeing children of these government people driving super cars on the roads whilst you struggle with your small car if you have one should provoke you into annoyance. Sometimes you see them live in opulence and you are tempted to ask your parents questions of where were they when these guys were getting rich. Truth is, not every parent of those days was ready to soil their hands with public funds or other people's money. Nigeria economy is an economy flowing with so much illicit funds moving around in the hands of a privileged and daring few.
My point still, we should forget loans cos the thieving people are still in power, not until we develop an effective mechanism of using the loans for just reasons.Or how I wish these loans would come in form of infrastructure and not physical cash.
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by erico2k2(m): 4:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
bukster:

Coal is a cheap source of electricity but it causes too much pollution and destroys the ozone layer. Many countries are actually now turning away from it. If you want your grandchildren to actually be able live comfortably on earth in 100 years time, you wouldn't be suggesting it.

This is how Beijing looks because of coal
If you check that pic you will deduce where it was taken, The chinese are the biggest users of coal power in modern times, %80 of their energy needs comes from coal.Since 2001 the UK has built about 5 Coal power stations.Don't get deceived by these people with their climate change theory.These same people where teh ones who told us Diesel was a cleaner fuel to use and more environmentally friendly. this propmted teh govt to bring down the tax for cars using diesel.Now the govt just found out the truth and they are raising tax next year.

1 Like

Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by porka: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
porshuch:
Babangida ruined that Ajaokuta steel company. You can imagine a steel company almost 95% completion is now a thick forest. SMH

Buhari abandoned it when he overthrew Shagari.

Don't attempt to re-write history.

1 Like

Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by porka: 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2015

Lest we forget...

Hydro-Electricity, Work to Resume on Mambilla Dam -Minister of Power

http://www.nigeriaelectricityhub.com/?p=2274

Mambilla hydro project hits security, logistical snag

http://sweetcrudereports.com/2015/02/18/mambilla-hydro-project-hits-security-logistical-snag/
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by KHAYGOLD(m): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
Karlovich:
What about the coal deposits in the east that could be used to generate electricity as well, dullardinhho has abandoned the east, he's a joker
You only think like a chicken. What did the previous administration do about it? The fact he's not your tribesman doesn't mean you should always discredit is effort. Grow up man
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by erico2k2(m): 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
KHAYGOLD:

You only think like a chicken. What did the previous administration do about it? The fact he's not your tribesman doesn't mean you should always discredit is effort. Grow up man
But the guy has a point, we can do with coal mines/power stations in the East to power that region.I really do not see anything wrong with his quest.

1 Like

Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by porka: 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
Femidigirits:

Last time they said they will fix the refineries.
What do we have today ?
APC knows Nigerians believe lies easily so they deceive them with "proposed" good news.
Let the project be at least 10percent completed before you rejoice.

You are right.

There's a correlation between the collapse of the real economy and fast rising 'lotto' trade.

Many APC followers enjoy magic and lies.

2 Likes

Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by nextstep(m): 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nice one for China:
1. stimulate Chinese economy by providing jobs to their industries
2. give a loan to Nigeria, which will be paid entirely back to Chinese companies
3. get the loan back (principal)
4. earn interest on the loan.

Let's see what Nigeria gains:
1. a power plant that might stimulate industry, but more likely just stimulate more consumption
2. no new jobs are created in Nigeria
3. plant won't be maintained so that after 5-10 years, plant will not be functional or at 30% capacity
4. to rehabilitate or fix means we have to call our Chinese masters, instead of making spare parts locally
5. meanwhile, we've paid for a huge loan, and interest on top that will finance China's economy.

There are many capable Nigerians, inside and outside Nigeria, we can call upon to lend their brains and their money to develop our country, yet we always turn outside. Is there any reason the gov't could not issue a bond to Nigerians and banks to finance this? Hydroelectricity is at least 100 year old technology. Is there any reason we can't teach people how to build dams?

Wow. It's like we never really learn anything: we help develop French, American, British, German, Indian, Pakistani, and now Chinese economies and industries, and never learn to develop our own. I wonder which currently poor country we're going to give our money too in the next 15 years. ***sigh***
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by erico2k2(m): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
nextstep:
Nice one for China:
2. give a loan to Nigeria, which will be paid entirely back to Chinese companies

1. a power plant that might stimulate industry, but more likely just stimulate more consumption
3. plant won't be maintained so that after 5-10 years, plant will not be functional or at 30% capacity
4. to rehabilitate or fix means we have to call our Chinese masters, instead of making spare parts locally
5. meanwhile, we've paid for a huge loan, and interest on top that will finance China's economy.

There are many capable Nigerians, inside and outside Nigeria, we can call upon to lend their brains and their money to develop our country, yet we always turn outside. Is there any reason the gov't could not issue a bond to Nigerians and banks to finance this? Hydroelectricity is at least 100 year old technology. Is there any reason we can't teach people how to build dams?

Wow. It's like we never really learn anything: we help develop French, American, British, German, Indian, Pakistani, and now Chinese economies and industries, and never learn to develop our own. I wonder which currently poor country we're going to give our money too in the next 15 years. ***sigh***
This was my point but U k now who know who thinks cos he is frm the North we do not like him and wont accept his proposals.I still think Govt should empower Engr on ground, we have capable hands.

1 Like

Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by chukxie(m): 5:04pm On Dec 04, 2015
Karlovich:
What about the coal deposits in the east that could be used to generate electricity as well, dullardinhho has abandoned the east, he's a joker

Generating electricity through the burning of coal is harmful to humans and our environment. I'm sure you know.
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by Hemjaybee(m): 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
nice buari ... keep going :Dnice buari ... keep going
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
So individuals don't understand the intrication behind such voluntary help.
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by sapientia(m): 6:29pm On Dec 04, 2015
what is involved in the special loan pls

And.. hope our own engineers will be involved and everything written in English
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by Karlovich: 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
chukxie:

Generating electricity through the burning of coal is harmful to humans and our environment. I'm sure you know.
ok thanks for the info
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by amiskurie(m): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
jane0000:
Lord pls protect my president and give him Long life. God blss me and my family too n every nairalander.
Oshe fine girl
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by Karlovich: 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
texazzpete:

All the entrepreneurs and governors in your area could not come up with a plan to harness these resources and you're there dreaming of Biafran prosperity.

You sound like someone who is under family curse sad
I'm not from the east, its your family members that are cursed beyond redemption

1 Like

Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by Karlovich: 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
Horlufemi:

Climate change oga.

May God bless.
ok, thanks
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by Achuwa1(m): 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
Who will service the loan for the rail project in the future ?,,we can't keep subjecting our unborn generation to financial slavery
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by ichieoriginal(m): 6:56pm On Dec 04, 2015
Headlines like this I can't help but laugh ...lol..I love naija
Mark this! In the next 50 years china neva still finish d work
I love this country..smh
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by Simuel: 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
Maybe Dangote have this money,and he is willing to invest,go to ask him grin
nextstep:
Nice one for China:

Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by ginggerxy: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
fistonati:
Shame on babangida, Obasanjo and all d past leaders for failing to put ajaokuta to operation when in govt.
wat abt buhari
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by dacovajnr: 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
Scholes007:
Nice one. Hope the loan doesn't have strings attached to it
Nope just G-strings attached angry
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by alexlife(m): 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
braine:
Nice! Nigerians should be patient. Baba will lead this country to greatness. cool cool cool Wailers will be shamed in the end.
we should be careful with China's long term strategic interest.... China is building its grip 2 power and trying to get all nations terribly indebted to them. US comes to mind
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
menix:
This means our lights won't last...

Nothing of China Last, u can ask the poster below me to show you his shoes..

End Time Financing..

Ur truly so stupid. So u think china has power cuts like ur country? Dts d manufacturing centre of the world and has a population of over 1billion (10 times nigerias population) & still doesnt have power cuts. Too many dumb pple on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
fistonati:
Shame on babangida, Obasanjo and all d past leaders for failing to put ajaokuta to operation when in govt.

Obasanjo privatized it. It was reversed due to non performance. Its being privatized again. Dts d only solution. Our leaders are visionless, others are corrupt, more are educated illiterates, majority know nothing about how to run businesses.

1 Like

Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by menix(m): 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
janellemonae:

Ur truly so stupid. So u think china has power cuts like ur country? Dts d manufacturing centre of the world and has a population of over 1billion (10 times nigerias population) & still doesnt have power cuts. Too many dumb pple on nairaland.

I am silly that I know but is it wrong copying ur parents
Re: China To Finance Nigeria's Abandoned Electricity Project by persius555(m): 9:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
The chinese are the only investors who will invest such funds in a country in africa. Buhari needs to solidify the bilateral and economic relationship between us and china. Not even america will invest in such project. UKs long abandoned steel industry is now being revived with chinese money. The biggest dam in africa(reconnaisance dam in ethiopia) was fundede with chinese money. Ethiopia has boosted their power supply with the completion of the hydro tubines. We cannot afford to ignore china. Even the american railway industry is receiving investment boost from china.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Captures Alargano, The Spiritual Base Of Boko Haram / Special Forces Storm Kaduna, Air Assets Deployed Over Crisis. See Photos / Peter Obi And Datti Baba-Ahmed ChannelsTV Interview (Live)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.