Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,383 members, 7,881,385 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:17 PM

Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? (752 Views)

Lady Narrates How She Was Mistaken For Mammy Water In Church Because She's Fair / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? by enziga(m): 7:56am On May 30, 2009
Before you all jump on my case and attack me. Hear me out first please. Let me start by presenting a scenario to you all. Your two uncles or two aunties are fighting and then you try to settle the fight or quarrel between them. One would normally proceed by finding out the nature of the quarrel by asking both uncles/aunts what happened. First we go to the first aunt and ask her, "Aunty Amara what did Aunty Floe do to you that two of you started quarrelling? Aunty Amara would naturally give you her side of the story and after heard her side, naturally you would go to Aunty Floe and ask her about her own side of the story. Then after listening to both sides, you would come to a reasonable decision of what transpired between the two and hopefully settle the quarrel amicably.

Now let me apply this scenario to that of God and the Devil. It is said the devil was jealous of God and wanted to overthrow God, this might be the case. But I find it funny that the only account we have of what transpired is only from God's point of view. Where is the Devil's account of what happened? And if we indeed heard the story, would we be able to give the 'devil' a free hearing? Would we be impartial enough to view the two sides of the story and come to a reasonable analysis of who is in the wrong and who is in the right? Have you really given thought to how the devil was able to persuade 1/3 of the angels in Heaven to side with him? 1/3 of the angels is a pretty significant number and I doubt the angels would follow the devil simply because he was charismatic and charming and the most beautiful angel in heaven as the Bible said. Now, I believe there must have been a better more reasonable reason why 1/3 of the angelic hosts would choose to side with a fellow angel over the Lord Almighty. One of the reasons could be, they were tired of serving a God who required them to constantly praise and worship him for eternity. I mean lets be honest, God does not believe in a democratic system of government and the devil in this case could be said to be the rebel leader who wanted to achieve democracy in Heaven. Please if you really sit down to think about these facts, you should be able to reach the conclusion that God is the leader of a government that the Devil is rebelling against. Every rebel has a cause for which they fight for. Are we as humans ready to listen and hear the devil's real reason for rebelling against God? I personally would love to hear it. I like being able to hear two sides of a story and then reach a reasonable conclusion as to who is in the right and who is in the wrong. I personally feel that the devil should get a right to tell his own side of the story.
Re: Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? by jagunlabi(m): 10:33am On May 30, 2009
Going by the ugly profile of this "god",i would most definitely give the devil a fair hearing to hear his own side of the story.
All one has to do is read the OT and one would quickly realise and understand why the devil would rebel against his boss,"Jehovah El Sadistico".Who in his/her right mind wouldn't?I still can't believe that there are some folks who are actually looking forward to spending an eternity with El Sadistico.
Get this,vast majority of modern day citizens of Israel don't want to have anything to do with him,either.The nation of Israel tops the chart of the top 10 nations with highest percentage of atheist.
Re: Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? by noetic2: 1:57pm On May 30, 2009
@ OP
I think it is foolish to deny the existence/availability of information (about this event) on the basis of pre-conceived notions against GOD.
Considering the content of ur post, it is safe to state that u believe that the only source of information regarding this event in heaven to be from the Bible and other scriptures. Have u ever considered reading satan's version of events either from the satanic bible, church of satan or other occult sects?

satan has stated his case, God has also stated His case as enshrined in the bible. The liberty is urs to subscribe to any of the versions. But to state that satan has not been stating his case amounts to delusion. ur opening post attests to satan's testimony.

I choose to subscribe to the biblical account of events where the Son of God stated in John 8:44

44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Re: Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? by enziga(m): 5:27pm On May 30, 2009
jagunlabi:

Going by the ugly profile of this "god",i would most definitely give the devil a fair hearing to hear his own side of the story.
All one has to do is read the OT and one would quickly realise and understand why the devil would rebel against his boss,"Jehovah El Sadistico".Who in his/her right mind wouldn't?I still can't believe that there are some folks who are actually looking forward to spending an eternity with El Sadistico.
Get this,vast majority of modern day citizens of Israel don't want to have anything to do with him,either.The nation of Israel tops the chart of the top 10 nations with highest percentage of atheist.

Lol @ Jehovah el sadistico,
Lmao. But ur so on point though,
Go to heaven for climate, go to hell for company,
Them peeps never jam first, till they land heaven and realise why 1/3 fled,
Re: Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? by enziga(m): 5:29pm On May 30, 2009
When did the devil state his case exactly
@ Have u ever considered reading satan's version of events either from the satanic bible, church of satan or other occult sects?

satan has stated his case, God has also stated His case as enshrined in the bible

noetic2:

@ OP
I think it is foolish to deny the existence/availability of information (about this event) on the basis of pre-conceived notions against GOD.
Considering the content of ur post, it is safe to state that u believe that the only source of information regarding this event in heaven to be from the Bible and other scriptures. Have u ever considered reading satan's version of events either from the satanic bible, church of satan or other occult sects?

satan has stated his case, God has also stated His case as enshrined in the bible. The liberty is urs to subscribe to any of the versions. But to state that satan has not been stating his case amounts to delusion. ur opening post attests to satan's testimony.

I choose to subscribe to the biblical account of events where the Son of God stated in John 8:44

44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

(1) (Reply)

Are Big Church Cathedrals A Waste Of Space??? / Is The Story About Creation Spurious? / Holy 419/scam: How Do We Stop It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.