Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,626 members, 7,930,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:20 AM

Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? (660 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / Supreme Court: Tribunal Denied Wike Fair Hearing. The Cable. / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? by enziga(m): 7:58am On May 30, 2009
This topic relates to the politics section in the sense that the "devil" is a democrat, while God is a dictator, Meaning both of them deal with politics, smiley Lol

Before you all jump on my case and attack me. Hear me out first please. Let me start by presenting a scenario to you all. Your two uncles or two aunties are fighting and then you try to settle the fight or quarrel between them. One would normally proceed by finding out the nature of the quarrel by asking both uncles/aunts what happened. First we go to the first aunt and ask her, "Aunty Amara what did Aunty Floe do to you that two of you started quarrelling? Aunty Amara would naturally give you her side of the story and after heard her side, naturally you would go to Aunty Floe and ask her about her own side of the story. Then after listening to both sides, you would come to a reasonable decision of what transpired between the two and hopefully settle the quarrel amicably.

Now let me apply this scenario to that of God and the Devil. It is said the devil was jealous of God and wanted to overthrow God, this might be the case. But I find it funny that the only account we have of what transpired is only from God's point of view. Where is the Devil's account of what happened? And if we indeed heard the story, would we be able to give the 'devil' a free hearing? Would we be impartial enough to view the two sides of the story and come to a reasonable analysis of who is in the wrong and who is in the right? Have you really given thought to how the devil was able to persuade 1/3 of the angels in Heaven to side with him? 1/3 of the angels is a pretty significant number and I doubt the angels would follow the devil simply because he was charismatic and charming and the most beautiful angel in heaven as the Bible said. Now, I believe there must have been a better more reasonable reason why 1/3 of the angelic hosts would choose to side with a fellow angel over the Lord Almighty. One of the reasons could be, they were tired of serving a God who required them to constantly praise and worship him for eternity. I mean lets be honest, God does not believe in a democratic system of government and the devil in this case could be said to be the rebel leader who wanted to achieve democracy in Heaven. Please if you really sit down to think about these facts, you should be able to reach the conclusion that God is the leader of a government that the Devil is rebelling against. Every rebel has a cause for which they fight for. Are we as humans ready to listen and hear the devil's real reason for rebelling against God? I personally would love to hear it. I like being able to hear two sides of a story and then reach a reasonable conclusion as to who is in the right and who is in the wrong. I personally feel that the devil should get a right to tell his own side of the story.
Re: Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? by enziga(m): 8:15am On May 30, 2009
Lol all these views and nobody finna post a comment? What's wrong,
Yall scared? smh, u mention "devil" and nigerians start gettin cold feet.
Re: Does The Devil Deserve A Fair Hearing? by Gggg102(m): 10:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
cryI don't know

(1) (Reply)

How To Develop Your Psychic Power To Become Great / Xenophobic Attacks - Tutu Apologises To Nigerians / Bbc Online Hausa Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.