Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,715 members, 7,882,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:24 AM

Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out (15543 Views)

Imagine If This Happened At The Lagos Bar Beach, / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Afaukwu: 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
Yor
tpia.:

quality is what quality buys, not so?

Your six figure USD monopoly money cant get you a quality babe? shocked

For where? Your sisters even go for people earning 2-fig pay. We know them well well. Even the most beau amongst them. Cheap article; bush meat.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
Where have I actually stated that they are DOING SOMETHING WRONG? Can you please re-post that particular line for me to read cause I am wondering at this point if you have not concluded that this is another US vs THEM debate without properly reading each line of my posts to understand what the point to this has been.

When you ask what bases have they not covered, would that not be assuming I have seen the actual project design and documentation to make such a claim? Why would I state that we do not have those and so can only hope that all points were covered in this, and if not, they need not rush to it but spend more time on the drawing board to be sure.

So what's your point? Obviouisly, we express concerns when things are going wrong/in the wrong direction.

You specifically asked for a module and I offered you one, now all of a sudden it's "I haven't seen the actual design and documentation to make a claim".

Instead of jumping all over the map, why not just go ask the developers for designs and risk assessment reports, just like what's in the module video you asked for and refused to acknowlege as if it has nothing to do with the same drawining board you keep hopping on.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2009

So what's your point? Obviouisly, we express concerns when things are going wrong/in the wrong direction.

I am not you and so do not follow rules you set for self. I express concerns whenever I want to, in this case, I express my concern because I can.

You specifically asked for a module and I offered you one, now all of a sudden it's "I haven't seen the actual design and documentation to make a claim".

Where exactly is this request of mine to you asking YOU for a module? I want to know where you get that from.

Instead of jumping all over the map, why not just go ask the developers for designs and risk assessment reports, just like what's in the module video you asked for and refused to acknowlege as if it has nothing to do with the same drawining board you keep hopping on.

a) What conclusion has been made by ME so far? Please provide post to back up this claim of yours that I have done so.
b) A video on YouTube is not a module but simply a video showing parts of what it is meant to show in so many minutes
c) I am still waiting to get information from you on where exactly you have me asking YOU for a module
d) What drawing board? Or are you saying you have access to the project plan and details on it so far?

Again, if you are trying to turn this into yet another ridiculous US vs THEM debate, you are dealing with the wrong person. Anyone with right senses can read and clearly understand why I am making my concerns known about this project and why what you have offered as EVIDENCE for your CLAIMS so far can never do .
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2009
I am not you and so do not follow rules you set for self. I express concerns whenever I want to, in this case, I express my concern because I can.

I guess it's safe to conclude that you just dey run mouth just for the heck of it, as expexted.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2009
It is definitely safe to conclude that you are not really here to make any solid claims but simply ramble without providing PROOF or factual details to support any of the claims you have made so far on the potential of this project.

This happens to be our biggest problem. We jump to praise courses without threading cautiously to help make sure things are done right. Reminds me of the days of Tinapa and all the same claims made by folks in support in much similar way.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 1:09am On Aug 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

It is definitely safe to conclude that you are not really here to make any solid claims but simply ramble without providing PROOF or factual details to support any of the claims you have made so far on the potential of this project.

This happens to be our biggest problem. We jump to praise courses without threading cautiously to help make sure things are done right. Reminds me of the days of Tinapa and all the same claims made by folks in support in much similar way.

hmmm a real pessimistic person i see you are

whether the project fails or succeeds Lagos Government has nothing to lose.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Aug 28, 2009
sjeezy8:

hmmm a real pessimistic person i see you are

whether the project fails or succeeds Lagos Government has nothing to lose.

This is the problem with Nigerians in general. Slow to processing what is served to ensure that the best is served them at all the times, but quick to jumping on the praise bandwagon and putting down any voice raised calling out for thoroughness. And we wonder why the country remains where it is today.

By the way, look up the meaning of the word PERSSIMIST and you might actually learn why it does not apply in this case.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 1:15am On Aug 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

This is the problem with Nigerians in general. Slow to processing what is served to ensure that the best is served them at all the times, but quick to jumping on the praise bandwagon and putting down any voice raised calling out for thoroughness. And we wonder why the country remains where it is today.

By the way, look up the meaning of the word PERSSIMIST and you might actually learn why it does not apply in this case.

No need to as i said Lagos state has nothing to lose, so what is your problem?
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Aug 28, 2009
sjeezy8:

No need to as i said Lagos state has nothing to lose, so what is your problem?

Where exactly have I stated there is a problem? Why don't you people spend time actually reading to understand what a person is saying before jumping to post these rebuttle that are not even connected in anyway to the line of argument or what is being said? sigh!!
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 1:57am On Aug 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Where exactly have I stated there is a problem? Why don't you people spend time actually reading to understand what a person is saying before jumping to post these rebuttle that are not even connected in anyway to the line of argument or what is being said? sigh!!

ok sorry but as i said Lagos state has nothing to lose its better for Nigeria as well
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 2:38am On Aug 28, 2009

It is still safe to conclude that you're talking out of the side of your neck. The only reason you've been and still ruining  mouth is because you have some kind of problem with the project cos' you for don shut up if it was the other way around.

Stop hiding and perambulating and stand up for what you believe in, you can't have it both ways.

Traveling all the way to the best hydro engineering com' in Europe for high tech assessments and simulations obviously = threading consciously or doing things right? I believe it's called covering your ass and bases, Abi you have different meaning and interpretation?

lol. It took you forever to pull Tinapa out of the sky like a magician.

See, unlike Tinapa, EAC is 100% privately funded and again since the desire to criticize  dey cloud your judgment, not a dime of lagos state gov's money is involved as explained twice in this thread and not too many private entities dey blow their money on white elephants. Again and unlike Tinapa, there is need and market for EAC.

Now, what's your point again? Abeg stop jare.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 3:16am On Aug 28, 2009
sjeezy8:

ok sorry but as i said Lagos state has nothing to lose its better for Nigeria as well

Well, I did say that if this is all Private, then it is good considering if it ends up as Tinapa did, after all the hype and buzz, we would not be out billions. But I still hope and wish we do it right this time and do it well, rather than do it half-hazardly, as we have done so many projects in the past.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Nobody: 3:23am On Aug 28, 2009
Afaukwu:

Yor
For where? Your sisters even go for people earning 2-fig pay. We know them well well. Even the most beau amongst them. Cheap article; bush meat.

you dont need to have the last word everytime.

You've quite clearly convinced the majority, that you secretly daydream of Yoruba women but unfortunately lack the stamina to actually approach one.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2009
The project is a waste in the first place. How the hell did the Lagos government allow an environmentally degrading project such as the Atlantic city? Leave the beach alone. We are not in Dubai and we don't need to look like Dubai n terms of structures. They are too dumb to see that they are dredging close to the barriers to fill up somewhere and dredging will cause any structure close to collapse. dumb bleeps. I need the beach back to it's natural form abeg!!!!! Pass me kpoli and pammy I de go beach.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2009
^^^^ lol you are very dumb indeed lol its funny im laughing so hard

watch the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkxiVBkmMkU

and Lagos should be proud to be like the dubai of africa

i dont get all you people hating and not wanting AFRICA to progress or Nigeria or Lagos

you are just as dumb as your NL name lol

im guessing they're spending 3 billion dollars for fun facking idiot
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2009
No I don't want Nigeria to be like Dunbai. I want Nigeria to be a country where everyone can afford anything. Dubai is building an elite society? Have you been to Dubai? I have and I have an Idea what the poor ones there are going through. Okay Thanks for calling me names. How many Nigerians do you think can afford to live or even eat in that city they are building? You barely know what dumb is do you? They are dredging close to the barriers they built and that's means the barriers won't have a good foundation to stand the relentless wave on the beach. Calling me names isn't going to get your point across sir. The last time I came here I had a healthy argument with someone that's got brain but it seems that only happen once in a blue moon.  Damn internet bullies!!!!

Lagos won't be the Dubai of Africa, Lagos will be the Eko of Africa. I have respect and love for my native land and I won't describe it by another land so Lagos is the Eko of Africa.

Eko oni baje!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by sjeezy8: 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2009
hmm dont you think if a city for the elite is generating money it would benefit the country as a whole

and your average Nigerian is not suppose to afford it.

your average Nigerian makes about a dollar a day

But as i said before nothing bad could happen and Nothing worse could either
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2009
sjeezy8:

hmm dont you think if a city for the elite is generating money it would benefit the country as a whole

and  your average Nigerian is not suppose to afford it.

your average Nigerian makes about a dollar a day

But as i said before nothing bad could happen and Nothing worse could either

Hmm nope!!!! Considering the people that'll be living there? It won't generate money for a country of 150million. It's a private project remember and that means 90% if not all the money goes into private investors hand. And if the project belongs to some foreign country's company, 99% of their profit will go out of Nigeria. I can't see how this will generate money for Nigeria. Toll gates will generate more if properly handled and the funds from that could be used to build good roads and maintain existing roads. See me talking as if our leaders will think that way sef. But that project is not worth it as of now. Build a nation where consumers can afford to buy goods and see ccompanies go boom but in Nigeria where this  Eko atlantic city can't be classified as affordable to 99% of her population and is objectively not affordable to 90% of the population, it won't get far and won't encourage the investors to do more after the Eko Atlantic city. Look at Vancouver B.C Canada, where the downtown is littered with homeless population cause the province pays the lowest minimum wage in Canada and is the most expensive city in Canada to live in. Many housing projects are on hold cause of lack of funds and no one is buying the completed ones cause of the prices. Most of the houses are bought by drug dealers, pimps, and other shady types out there. Or in the downtown area where you can have 5 to 6 people living in a one bedroom apartment cause on or 2 persons can't pay the rent. Their weed is good though!!!! But nothing compares to the naturally grown weed in 9ja. The weed knocks me out easily and I just become dumb for 2 to 3 hrs after smoking it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2009
They are dredging close to the barriers they built and that's means the barriers won't have a good foundation to stand the relentless wave on the beach

They do environmental impact assessment for a reason and the best people in the field all over the world don conduct hydro engineering studies and all kinds of tests already and I go take their word before I take laymen and NL internet blah blah mouth's whining and backward thinking  jargons, they are the experts, not you.

Yeye people, den go hail every damn thing other countries do but will criticize to death every and anything their own country try to do. no wonder naija is freeking bleeped up. even our so called leaders of tomorrow no get vision and guts.

I hope non of you guys touch any leadership position in naija because we go find our ass back in the stone age,

lol @ elite society, tell me where elite society no they.

you might as well tell me lagos abi Nigeria no deserve first class, modern and high tech city, first class tourist/entertainment center and destination, tell me Lagos and Nigeria shouldn't create hundreds of thousand of construction jobs and several hundred thousand wey go dey stream in and out of the place with monthly paychecks.

We are really our own worst enemies,
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2009
babapupa:

They do environmental impact assessment for a reason and the best people in the field all over the world don conduct hydro engineering studies and all kinds of tests already and I go take their word before I take laymen and NL internet blah blah mouth's whining and backward thinking  jargons, they are the experts, not you.

Yeye people, den go hail every damn thing other countries do but will criticize to death every and anything their own country try to do. no wonder naija is freeking bleeped up. even our so called leaders of tomorrow no get vision and guts.

I hope non of you guys touch any leadership position in naija because we go find our ass back in the stone age,

lol @ elite society,  tell me where elite society no they.

you might as well tell me lagos abi Nigeria no deserve first class, modern and high tech city, first class tourist/entertainment center and destination, tell me Lagos and Nigeria shouldn't create hundreds of thousand of construction jobs and several hundred thousand wey go dey stream in and out of the place with monthly paychecks.

We are really our own worst enemies,

Guy Eko atlantic won't work without constant electricity and I mean 24/7. You saw the sky scrappers in the demo right? Elevators? energy for elevators? please. Constructive criticism is different from hating okay? And stop calling people names can't you just put out your point without being emotional?

Yeah there is elitism everywhere does that mean it's good? Trust me if 24/7 electricity is provided, Nigeria will be a first class nation within 9 years considering how business minded Nigerians are. There will be enough job and we will even be out sourcing!!!
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2009
Hmm nope!!!! Considering the people that'll be living there? It won't generate money for a country of 150million. It's a private project remember and that means 90% if not all the money goes into private investors hand. And if the project belongs to some foreign country's company, 99% of their profit will go out of Nigeria. I can't see how this will generate money for Nigeria.

Rubbish,

EAC is a potential big time TAX gold mine, you have any Idea how much the state government go dey rake in a month from pay role tax to property tax, tax on goods and services all the way to support, maintenance and other down stream activities, ?

And why do you thing governments all over the world beg and seek foreign investments and investors? because they're scared and afraid the investors are gonna ship all the money back to their countries. I guess it stopped France and Disney from allowing Disney to set up shop, it prevented walmart from setting up shops all over the world .? lmao.

What about tech know how and other managerial skills Nigerians are gonna be exposed to?

dude, which kain econs school you graduate from? regressive thinking school of economics?
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Beaf: 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2009
^Manage bar beach first.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2009
Guy Eko atlantic won't work without constant electricity and I mean 24/7.

I don't know why you think the developers are clueless idiots. Obviously, they must have made arrangements for all that.
Eko Atlantic City - Lagos

July 13, 2009

image of eko-atlantic-city-lagos-nigeria Located along the Atlantic coast of Lagos, Nigeria is a dynamic new city currently under construction. Adjacent to Victoria Island in West Africa's fastest growing region is Eko Atlantic. This project will transform 9 square kilometers of eroding coastal land into a thriving twenty-first century city.

Eko Atlantic combines an impressive blend of aesthetic beauty and seamless practicality. The city will be spread across seven districts, combining residential, commercial, financial and tourist development. They will all share the same high standards of urban planning, infrastructure and architectural excellence. The new city will feature tree-lined boulevards, waterways, manicured gardens, elegant plazas, three marinas and a stunning ocean front promenade. Eko Atlantic will be a city in which to live, work and play.

The Financial District, with towering skyscrapers, will attract multinational companies, especially in the oil and gas industries. It will become home to many of Africa’s banks, financial institutions and business leaders and will help to establish Lagos as the financial capital of Africa.

Eko Atlantic will raise the standards of infrastructure in Lagos to sophisticated levels through a finely-structured urban plan that creates a balanced, environmentally friendly and efficient blueprint for a comfortable, healthy, safe and efficient style of life. Each of the seven districts of Eko Atlantic will display their own unique characteristics, but the infrastructural design will be standard throughout the city.

The city will have its own independent service island with an electricity generating plant and water management for drinking and irrigation, as well as sewage control. Eko Atlantic will be self-sufficient in power and vital telecommunications.

Transportation includes an eight-lane coastal highway, a tramway system, a ferry system, 20 km of internal waterway, and a 100 km internal network of roads connect all districts. Eko Atlantic also includes a pedestrian and transport strategy that is designed to reduce road use, minimize traffic congestion and create off-street parking for all vehicles.
[b]
In essence, Eko Atlantic is a huge reclamation project, replacing land that was lost during a hundred years of severe coastal erosion. Consultants and contractors from all over the world are working together in an attempt to roll back surging waves from the Atlantic Ocean. Valuable land that was lost to generations of Nigerians has already begun to reappear and is expanding every day. A 7 km long sea wall will be constructed to protect the city from damaging storms. Eko Atlantic is turning a liability of coastal erosion into a national asset.

Eko Atlantic will become home to at least 400,000 residents, with commuter volume expected to exceed 250,000 people daily. Eko Atlantic will help Lagos transform itself into a successful mega city-state of 25 million people by the year 2015.
[/b]

The project is being developed by South Energyx Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of The Chagoury Group.

www.theworldedition.com/news/eko-atlantic-city-lagos-nigeria.php+eko+atlantic+city+project+power+electricity&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a">http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:SeO3R4YWS3gJ:www.theworldedition.com/news/eko-atlantic-city-lagos-nigeria.php+eko+atlantic+city+project+power+electricity&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2009
^Manage bar beach first.

Ode enemy of progress, Read and educate yourself.

In essence, Eko Atlantic is a huge reclamation project, replacing land that was lost during a hundred years of severe coastal erosion. Consultants and contractors from all over the world are working together in an attempt to roll back surging waves from the Atlantic Ocean. Valuable land that was lost to generations of Nigerians has already begun to reappear and is expanding every day. A 7 km long sea wall will be constructed to protect the city from damaging storms. Eko Atlantic is turning a liability of coastal erosion into a national asset.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 10:07pm On Aug 28, 2009

Guy Eko atlantic won't work without constant electricity and I mean 24/7.

I don't know why you think the developers are clueless idiots. Obviously, they must have made arrangements for all that.
Eko Atlantic City - Lagos

July 13, 2009

image of eko-atlantic-city-lagos-nigeria Located along the Atlantic coast of Lagos, Nigeria is a dynamic new city currently under construction. Adjacent to Victoria Island in West Africa's fastest growing region is Eko Atlantic. This project will transform 9 square kilometers of eroding coastal land into a thriving twenty-first century city.

Eko Atlantic combines an impressive blend of aesthetic beauty and seamless practicality. The city will be spread across seven districts, combining residential, commercial, financial and tourist development. They will all share the same high standards of urban planning, infrastructure and architectural excellence. The new city will feature tree-lined boulevards, waterways, manicured gardens, elegant plazas, three marinas and a stunning ocean front promenade. Eko Atlantic will be a city in which to live, work and play.

The Financial District, with towering skyscrapers, will attract multinational companies, especially in the oil and gas industries. It will become home to many of Africa’s banks, financial institutions and business leaders and will help to establish Lagos as the financial capital of Africa.

Eko Atlantic will raise the standards of infrastructure in Lagos to sophisticated levels through a finely-structured urban plan that creates a balanced, environmentally friendly and efficient blueprint for a comfortable, healthy, safe and efficient style of life. Each of the seven districts of Eko Atlantic will display their own unique characteristics, but the infrastructural design will be standard throughout the city.

The city will have its own independent service island with an electricity generating plant and water management for drinking and irrigation, as well as sewage control. Eko Atlantic will be self-sufficient in power and vital telecommunications.

Transportation includes an eight-lane coastal highway, a tramway system, a ferry system, 20 km of internal waterway, and a 100 km internal network of roads connect all districts. Eko Atlantic also includes a pedestrian and transport strategy that is designed to reduce road use, minimize traffic congestion and create off-street parking for all vehicles.

Eko Atlantic will become home to at least 400,000 residents, with commuter volume expected to exceed 250,000 people daily. Eko Atlantic will help Lagos transform itself into a successful mega city-state of 25 million people by the year 2015.

The project is being developed by South Energyx Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of The Chagoury Group.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 28, 2009
babapupa:

Rubbish,

EAC is a potential big time TAX gold mine, you have any Idea how much the state government go dey rake in a month from pay role tax to property tax, tax on goods and services all the way to support, maintenance and other down stream activities, ?

And why do you thing governments all over the world beg and seek foreign investments and investors? because they're scared and afraid the investors are gonna ship all the money back to their countries. I guess it stopped France and Disney from allowing Disney to set up shop, it prevented walmart from setting up shops all over the world .? lmao.

What about tech know how and other managerial skills Nigerians are gonna be exposed to?

dude, which kain econs school you graduate from? regressive thinking school of economics?  

You are the one that studied elitists economics. You don't need all gigantic sky scrappers to show how well a nation is doing. Look at Switzerland, they are not building sky scrappers and expensive housing but you know fully well how rich they are right? You elite minded folks are the reason average Nigerians are going no where. You want Lagos to be like dubai? ask the poor population in Dubai what's up. The more you allow unaffordable projects like this one, the more the nation gets closer to civil unrest. Speaking of tax, how many Nigerians pay taxes? You are just not taking into consideration the economic situation of Nigerians before making comments. Affordable housing, elctricity, good roads, drinkable water, quality and affordable if not free education all first before anything luxurious should be on our agenda in Nigeria. How do you think Americans got where they are right now? By buying European cars? Please they make their cars affordable for average Americans. If this Eko Atlantic is affordable for Nigerians, trust me, we'll see another beautiful project in no time. How many steel manufacturing companies do we have in Nigeria? Steel will have to be imported right? three times more than it would've cost if we have our own steel companies right? You need to study how economics works before you make your comments bro. Stop calling people names it only makes you lame.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2009
How do you think Americans got where they are right now?

Almost 300 yrs of trial and error. Craw and learn before you walk. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2009
babapupa:

Almost 300 yrs of trial and error. Craw and learn before you walk. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Rome wasn't built in one day but they didn't start building rome with expensive shits right? Americans didn't start building luxurious and expensive shits for her citizens during her early days. We sure can learn from America's mistake in their early days to speed up our own development know that. Look where America went wrong and make sure you don't go there. At the same time, look what they did right and do it too. Your argument is lame cause you are not being objective here. I made a mistake and had to correct it before I become successful, that means a lecture for the younger ones not to make such mistake and look at what I did to be successful. You still don't get it.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2009
9jaganja:

Rome wasn't built in one day but they didn't start building rome with expensive shits right? Americans didn't start building luxurious and expensive shits for her citizens during her early days.

Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by babapupa: 10:25pm On Aug 28, 2009
Rome wasn't built in one day but they didn't start building rome with expensive shits right? Americans didn't start building luxurious and expensive shits for her citizens during her early days.

You must have pulled that out of your ass by mistake, lmao

Anyways, your argument is null and void, all that rubbish has nothing to do with the topic at hand, the experts did their job and den don green light the project.

Feel free to stay away from EAC when den finish if you no like the project, no be by force, after all, not a penny of your tax money is involved and that's if you dey pay any to start with.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2009
9jaganja:

Rome wasn't built in one day but they didn't start building rome with expensive shits right? Americans didn't start building luxurious and expensive shits for her citizens during her early days. We sure can learn from America's mistake in their early days to speed up our own development know that. Look where America went wrong and make sure you don't go there. At the same time, look what they did right and do it too. Your argument is lame cause you are not being objective here. I made a mistake and had to correct it before I become successful, that means a lecture for the younger ones not to make such mistake and look at what I did to be successful. You still don't get it.

I have been following your argument, and apart from some minor issues I have, like your use of the word "Shit" ( lol), you made very good points.  And yes, Lagos is about one of the most expensive cities already but has next to nothing other cities around the world can currently boast of. So yes, the state definitely needs to focus on at building the foundations and providing essentials of life for it's citizenry. But as mentioned earlier, that this is private ( even though I am not sure of how environmentally sound this is, in a state that is currently wrought with so much of that) and as long as the state does not bear any cost( both financially and environmentally) I am cool. But I must point out that I also am concerned about how this might affect the standards for the poor in the community.
Re: Lagos Bar Beach Over Flows - Eko Atlantic City Watch Out by Beaf: 11:20pm On Aug 28, 2009
babapupa:

How much sense does it make to build some new fangled heaven on a foundation of low quality of life, squalor and corruption, lack of instutuitions and general public decorum? It is common sense to take care off those first.

Why would management of the seawall be different from the current defences?
What developmental problems will Eko Atlantic solve? Its sounding more and more like a neat way to pocket dosh for a white elephant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like / Idris Appoints Jimoh O. Moshood As The New Deputy Force PRO / Amosun Deserves Our Sympathy - Ogun APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.