Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,634 members, 7,921,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:23 AM

Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo (2366 Views)

Is This A True Reflection Of Ado-Ekiti Roads, Ekiti State? / A Nairalander Visits Ado Awaye Suspended Lake In Oyo (Photos) / There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo by mrsage(m): 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
Our trip to Ado Awaye was fun and interesting.
As early as 6.40am we were all assembled at the National Stadium Surulere all ready to go.

We had to leave early because of the monthly sanitation exercise.

The journey was smooth and as usual we began to chat in the bus. In our usual tradition, we kicked off with the Naija Tourist introduction, then we suddenly realized that we had a good number of bankers in the house. Then we all began to jist and of course we discussed politics etc.

We had a brief stop at Soka Bus stop in Ibadan for breakfast. Our adorable caterer Zuriells Pot provided a delicious meal for the journey ahead.
We decided to chill for about 45 minutes then we continued.
Another quick stop at Tantalizers in Iwo Road and we proceeded to the second part of our journey.

Eventually we got to Ado Awaye in the afternoon through Iseyin.

At the foot of the hills, baba was on ground to welcome us all. He also gave us instructions. I still remember those words from baba " If your chest is paining you don't climb o" then concerning the Lake "don't enter inside o". Then he appointed a young man as our Tour guide.

Then the climb began. It was a long physical task. Some could not continue but the "strong" people made it to the tops

The site and scenery was just amazing and we took pictures.
Then we got to the tree that has the shape of an elephant. We all took pictures and of course the professors in the house had a debate concerning rock formations etc.

Then we finally made it to the Lake.

Re: Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
Nice. My dad is from Iseyin and my mum is from Ado Awaye. I am sure you had fun smiley
Re: Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo by Originalsly: 11:57pm On Dec 06, 2015
Nice. Can we see a pic of the tree that looks like an elephant?....and the lake?
Re: Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo by mrsage(m): 9:49am On Dec 07, 2015
sirRiddy:
Nice. My dad is from Iseyin and my mum is from Ado Awaye. I am sure you had fun smiley

Yes o. We really had fun.
Re: Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo by mrsage(m): 9:50am On Dec 07, 2015
Originalsly:
Nice. Can we see a pic of the tree that looks like an elephant?....and the lake?

Pictures loading...

Re: Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo by mrsage(m): 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2015
More

Re: Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo by Originalsly: 5:20pm On Dec 14, 2015
Cool. Why is the lake called suspended lake?... from pic I see nothing special about it.
Re: Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo by mrsage(m): 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2015
Originalsly:
Cool. Why is the lake called suspended lake?... from pic I see nothing special about it.

It's right on top of the mountain. Never dries up

Re: Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo by Originalsly: 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Ok... never realized you were on a mountain top! Is the water good to drink?... or like filled with ehmm...chemicals or just plain nasty?!
Re: Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo by mrsage(m): 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2015
Originalsly:
Ok... never realized you were on a mountain top! Is the water good to drink?... or like filled with ehmm...chemicals or just plain nasty?!

The Lake, the tree and all other landmarks all on the Mountain top. The water is not good to drink. If you drink then you are on your own.
Also human beings are not advised to enter into the Lake. They believe the gods will get angry and he or she will never come out.
You can touch and feel the water though.

On Sunday we decided to stop by In Ibadan,
We paid a visit to Agodi Parks and U. I Zoo.

Pictures

Re: Naija Tourist Trip To The Suspended Lake Of Ado Awaye In Oyo by chris4gold(m): 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
isokay in

(1) (Reply)

Earning 500k But Want To Migrate To Europe / Useful Tips Needed for a First Time Visitor to Zimbabwe / Snowmageddon: See What Nigerians Pass Thru In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.