Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,028 members, 7,970,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 10:02 PM

Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? (1201 Views)

Demolition Of Illegal Structures In Awka By Anambra Government Commences (Video) / FCT Begins Demolition Of Structures In Abuja After 24hr Notice / Demolition Of Structures Ongoing At Opobo-Junction, Aba (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? by sow4me(m): 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
These are houses found worldwide n i was wondering to myself if we are ever going to get to this stage. Could we ever have Nigerians this good or we're still gonn hv to rely on the foreigner's to have a house this beautiful.

Share ure views people.

Re: Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? by tushbobo(m): 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
Would an average Nigerian home owner pay to build these type of houses? The major reason we do not have these type of structures is because most Nigerians are still at the bottom of the Maslow's hierarchy of needs...Still struggling to provide basic shelter for themselves. The economy does not support this at the moment. Once a country's economy goes bad every other thing goes bad.Also,we hardly manufacture here... no thanks to poor power supply that has suppressed our growth over time.Hence the cost of materials will be high for the common man.

Summary:
We have the imagination to design these type of houses.
We have the skill required to build these types of houses.
We do not have modern materials which are manufactured here.
We do not have the demand due to our economic situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? by sow4me(m): 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
I cant argue ure point boss kz ure so right.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? by sow4me(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2015
America was just like this. i wasn't born 250 years ago when america started building but it didnt take them upto this to have something to show for it.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
I support your comment sir, my lesson so far is that Some Nigerians want designs of foreign countries but won't want to pay much but they prefer paying for packaged services which most artisans promised to deliver to them thinking they av gotten that designs they want , it's better to say the truth and get stucked between the truth than to give the hope of clients high, how many services are off same quality standard with those ones we see in foreign countries but yet some people will package and make their clients believe they are getting same services as that of those developed countries..
tushbobo:
Would an average Nigerian home owner pay to build this type of houses? The major reason we do not have these type of structures is because most Nigerians are still at the bottom of the Maslow's hierarchy of needs...Still struggling to provide basic shelter for themselves. The economy does not support this at the moment. Once a country's economy goes bad every other thing goes bad.Also,we hardly manufacture here... no thanks to poor power supply that has suppressed our growth over time.Hence the cost of materials will be high for the common man.

Summary:
We have the imagination to design these type of houses.
We have the skill required to build these types of houses.
We do not have modern materials which are manufactured here.
We do not have the demand due to our economic situation.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? by johnson232: 7:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
there is really nothing exceptional here.
i am convinced nigerian architects and builders can deliver if given the funds and opportunity.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? by abouzaid: 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
is it strange that i don't like these designs? why on earth would i want transparent glass as my bedroom walls? most of pictures looks like well polished 3d designs rather than real life pictures.
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? by sow4me(m): 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
abouzaid:
is it strange that i don't like these designs? why on earth would i want transparent glass as my bedroom walls? most of pictures looks like well polished 3d designs rather than real life pictures.
They're real..
Re: Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? by Dominionng(m): 1:23am On Dec 19, 2015
adeekiti:
I support your comment sir, my lesson so far is that Some Nigerians want designs of foreign countries but won't want to pay much but they prefer paying for packaged services which most artisans promised to deliver to them thinking they av gotten that designs they want , it's better to say the truth and get stucked between the truth than to give the hope of clients high, how many services are off same quality standard with those ones we see in foreign countries but yet some people will package and make their clients believe they are getting same services as that of those developed countries..

Spot On Boss!

1 Like

Re: Could Nigeria Ever Have This Structures? by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 19, 2015
OP, do a search for a builder called Skimanski and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at some of his builds. I certainly was.

If you have the money today then you can build any of those structures and even better ones in Nigeria. The technology, skills and materials are at the ready.

(1) (Reply)

Karasana North, South, East And West / Nigeria's First Green Luxury Residence In The Heart Of Anioma ENU-ANI MEGA CITY / For Sale: Half Plots/full Plots At Ijesha/itire Surulere 8 And 15 Mill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.