Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,870 members, 7,927,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 05:05 PM

Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ (8634 Views)

No More Business As Usual, Buhari Warns / Even If PDP Shows Video Of Tinubu/Buhari Robbing CBN, It Won't Change Our Minds / Emir Sanusi Set To Take 17-Year-Old Girl As Fourth Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by goldenboy3(m): 11:08am On Jun 12, 2009
george i disagree with you totally on your mail b4 this when u said soludo has served his term and he shud liv,perhaps let me remind u of alan greenspan that serve the Fed fo 19 yrs consecutivly irrespective of party line.If Yar dua isnt parochial and a leftist he wud ve renew his term of office considering his successes at least beside his deputy got the renewal!Isnt that laughable.No one tells a blind man that the rain has begun.
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by GeorgeD1(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2009
@golden boy,
Don't make a comparison between Alan Greenspan and Soludo. Greenspan was
always polically neutral while Soludo all the while was enmeshing himself more
and more into politics. In fact at a point he was beginning to talk like a politian!
How bad does it have to get before he was shown the door?
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by adigun101: 5:50pm On Jun 12, 2009
After the Soludo Saga, I have had cause to re-examine Nigeria. Our leaders are the products of our society, their policies and attitudes are a summary of our mentalities and attitudes. We are stubborn in ignorance,choose to be blind to the truth, summarily decietful, and will selfishly protect our self interest no mater how petty and destructive it might be.

The fact that the removal (non-renewal) of a public office holder has even generated some heated discussion in Nigeria can only give kudos to the guy involved. Anywhere it is raised, there is some debate.! Do you know how many threads are on NL regarding this issue. It points to the fact that there might be something not quite right. This is not the first time a CBN governor has been removed/replaced in Nigeria, how come this one has generated so much talk.

Common, its only a CBN governor ! smiley
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by Okwyjesus(m): 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2009
Sanusi is never the best thing for our CBN, l never and will never like that Yar'Adua manipulation in CBN. l learnt it is because most Northern Bank couldn't jump the capitalization hurdle that the grumbled and push Soludo away. Soludo is an intellectual and l have not seen his subtitue yet. That Northern nonsense is what is hindering our growth and development not only corruption.
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2009
George_D:

That's our hope too. We hope his 'intelligence' will translate to more
food on the table for the common man, more favourable exchange
rate for buninesses to aquire raw materials for thier industries.
Not just high sounding words pandering to politicians.

How does a Nigerian public servant isolate themselves from politics when what determines politics in Nigeria is not policy but ethnicity.

Otherwise tell me what was President Yar'adua's political views that were different from Soludo's
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by Jarus(m): 6:26pm On Jun 12, 2009
adigun101:

The fact that the removal (non-renewal) of a public office holder has even generated some heated discussion in Nigeria can only give kudos to the guy involved. Anywhere it is raised, there is some debate.! Do you know how many threads are on NL regarding this issue. It points to the fact that there might be something not quite right. This is not the first time a CBN governor has been removed/replaced in Nigeria, how come this one has generated so much talk.

Common, its only a CBN governor ! smiley

I think this generated issue because of Soludo's vibrancy. Past CBN govs used to be quite quiet, and other than operators in the financial system, nobody hardly cared who was at the helm of affairs in CBN. When Soludo came, I remember vividly that there was also a mild debate that centred on 'how competent will somebody from academics, who knows only theory, be in regulating the system'. A lot of people were critical of the decision, I still remember.

But with his recapitalization policy that shook the whole nation, even the Iya Seki that sells yam in eyenkorin market knew there was somebody called Soludo. The policy shook the whole economy, and even the illiterate saw that something was happening to the bank in his village. Everybody suddenly became Economic analyst.

For a man that brought such consciousness to the whole nation, it is only natural that when he's leaving, the whole nation will know and will be interested in who is succeeding him. This is the cause of the ado about Sanusi.

The second factor is the tribal issue. If the successor had been a Professor Eze or Chief Oluwalambe, I'm sure many people would not have gone deep to question his competence. There is a pervasive myth(or reality, depending on how anybody sees it) that Yar'adua is too pro-north. The fact that the successor is an 'aboki' also fueled the debate.
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by FrankC3: 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2009
@Jarus
I love your analysis and will like to stand with you on that. If there is a tribal issue, the man at the center is stoking it. This is what i mean: this guy, shifted his power base from PDP to Katsina/Kano k-39 mafia, lopsided the political appointments, spread his presence in the North by inter-state marriage, threw federal character(of which his people are understandably the major beneficiaries) to the dustbin just for one reason and that is to ignite north-south divide sentiment (a kind of us-vs -them) divide. How this helps him? Well, it make nomination easier for second tenure. The North will hopefully be behind him having seen him as the man that can deliver the north from the 'atrocities of OBJ' and such talks. The census result was the only thing right that OBJ did that was not reversed because it serves this purpose. The North will have the population, Southeast will cave in under the persuasion that power shifts to them after YRD, S/S does not have much population but the govs will be used to garner a little and the same with S/W . Then Iwu will conduct a 'free-and-fair' election and YRD will have a landslide victory in 2011. The the real YRD will emerge and run his remaining years as he likes. When i see things from this angle, i keep wondering who is telling me that this YRD guy is sick grin
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2009
Frank-C:

@Jarus
I love your analysis and will like to stand with you on that. If there is a tribal issue, the man at the center is stoking it. This is what i mean: this guy, shifted his power base from PDP to Katsina/Kano k-39 mafia, lopsided the political appointments, spread his presence in the North by inter-state marriage, threw federal character(of which his people are understandably the major beneficiaries) to the dustbin just for one reason and that is to ignite north-south divide sentiment (a kind of us-vs -them) divide. How this helps him? Well, it make nomination easier for second tenure. The North will hopefully be behind him having seen him as the man that can deliver the north from the 'atrocities of OBJ' and such talks. The census result was the only thing right that OBJ did that was not reversed because it serves this purpose. The North will have the population, Southeast will cave in under the persuasion that power shifts to them after YRD, S/S does not have much population but the govs will be used to garner a little and the same with S/W . Then Iwu will conduct a 'free-and-fair' election and YRD will have a landslide victory in 2011. The the real YRD will emerge and run his remaining years as he likes. When i see things from this angle, i keep wondering who is telling me that this YRD guy is sick grin

Gosh so someone else understands that this is likely the card Yar'adua will play on South East and South South in 2011.

That only a Yar'adua second term will guarantee return of power to the South in 2015.

Well the serious choice we have to make is on whether its ok to live with this Auto Pilot for another 4years.
Somethings are more important than where the President come's from.

This is why I still don't understand why Donald Duke is hiding? The PDP power rotation will not land on his laps. Jonathan is waiting carefully to benefit if power goes to South South while he is still VP.
The Mega party will fail because those at the centre still believe in Top-Bottom politics. The sum of top opposition members who come together against the PDP are nothing more than the sum of their individual selves if they do not adopt a bottom up approach to politics.

This is why we need a 21st Century leader who can build a concensus with Educated Nigerians, University Graduates and Students, the Internet Generation, Nollywood. . . . . . this coalition can help carry the message for change to the rural areas and shake up the PDP machine.
And only a 21st century, Suit wearing, truly ONE-Nigerian outlook to politics can help us get there.

Donald Duke your country needs you.
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2009
Mikeansy, good write up but I would prefer Fashola or Nuhu Ribadu for real.
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by GeorgeD1(m): 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2009
Soludo was indeed 'vibrant' but such is not the kind of vibrancy expected of a CBN
governor. He was almost becoming a poilitian himself. What a shame!
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2009
George_D:

Soludo was indeed 'vibrant' but such is not the kind of vibrancy expected of a CBN
governor. He was almost becoming a poilitian himself. What a shame!

how?

Did he campaign for elected office?

what kind of politics? just give example.
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by GeorgeD1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2009
It was quite obvious he was getting more and more political what with the
speehes he was making. I don't need to give any special example. Any
sane person could see where he was going.
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2009
George_D:

It was quite obvious he was getting more and more political what with the
speehes he was making. I don't need to give any special example. Any
sane person could see where he was going.

you have no example

the comments he made were they not about finance, economy or monetry policy? Need I remind yoou he was the CBN Governor?

If you have any proof on where he commented on elections, partisan politics or foreign policy . . . .then you have an argument.

Otherwise you have no basis for your argument
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by GeorgeD1(m): 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2009
@mikeansy,
While I don't want to turn this into a personal debate, the truth
remains that Soludo was beginning to bite more than he could chew.
Those that put him there were not blind. They saw it all and at the
slightest opportunity, he was put where he belonged.
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2009
George_D:

@mikeansy,
While I don't want to turn this into a personal debate, the truth
remains that Soludo was beginning to bite more than he could chew.
Those that put him there were not blind. They saw it all and at the
slightest opportunity, he was put where he belonged.

speaking in riddles

the man who put Soludo there is no longer the President of Nigeria

so what are u saying?
Say what you think clearly, this is only an internet forum
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by GeorgeD1(m): 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2009
The man who put Soludo there might be gone but the new man around
was put there by the man who has gone.

There are so many riddles going on in this country and it takes only the
very discerning to figure them out.
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by gmemdee(m): 9:43pm On Jun 14, 2009
biina knows her/his stuff.
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 14, 2009
still have not said anything
Re: Sanusi Set For CBN- •‘it’s Not Going To Be Business As Usual’ by Virgo83(m): 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2009
I pray it won't be BUSINESS AS USUAL. What I'll want us to know is that Sanusi as the Choice of Yar'Adua can't be in the interest of Nigerian but to protect the interest of the Northerners.

Why Sanusi, what about the Deputy to Soludo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

... / Why Tinubu Dumped Buhari For Tambuwal / Sheriff’s Camp Ondo PDP Primaries Holds Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.