Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,588 members, 7,944,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:51 AM

Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? (9551 Views)

IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed / Ajimobi To Olubadan: Don’t Allow Disgruntled Elements To Set You ‎against Govern / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:25am On Dec 08, 2015
Yujin:

And who told you our governors have not built more than that? We aren't talking about schools and health centres here. Which region performs better than the Igbo region in education? In health, we are among the first two all over Nigeria so what are you talking about? Its only Ndigbo who really know how the SE is surviving with the over population there but for how long shall we live as though we have no federal government? Why not open up the ports in eastern part of Nigeria? Yar'adua signed millions to dredge from the ocean up to baro in Niger state. What do you have to say about that?

Show me and shut me up. For now, no bridges and Ports from the Federal government. That does not stop development in the States.

drshrewd:
Amaechi secondary schools

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Afam4eva(m): 9:28am On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Gov. Amaechi built 500 and you are talking of 50. In the former area I stayed in Port Harcourt at D-Line, in that small location, we had Three of these kind of schools in the pic below. Orogbum, Nkpolo Oroworukwu and Oromineke.
You just showed me a single picture out of 500./I can also show you one picture and claim that the Anambra state government built 1000 world class schools. You have to prove that Amaechi actually did build 500 schools.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Abagworo(m): 9:28am On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You can not deny the Igbos lack behind in a lot of areas. For instance, Aba can not compare to one tenth of the infrastructural development of Uyo. If these developments were there, I think we would see so much clamor for Igbos in terms of Federal appointments.

Apart from road which infrastructure does Uyo have more than Aba? Most people doing the IPOB nonsense are those bitter about Jonathan's loss but it does not change the fact that Igboland has little federal presence. My anger is that Jonathan scammed Igbos for 6 years without improving our federal roads at all. If the federal roads that transverse through Aba were good, things would have been better for residents.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:31am On Dec 08, 2015
Abagworo:

Apart from road which infrastructure does Uyo have more than Aba? Most people doing the IPOB nonsense are those bitter about Jonathan's loss but it does not change the fact that Igboland has little federal presence. My anger is that Jonathan scammed Igbos for 6 years without improving our federal roads at all. If the federal roads that transverse through Aba were good, things would have been better for residents.

Amaechi built Federal Roads running up to N100 Billion and later the Federal Government balanced the State the money. That is why I want Anger channeled towards the leaders who are not working in the state than pointing fingers easily at what the Federal Government did not do.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:34am On Dec 08, 2015
Afam4eva:

You just showed me a single picture out of 500./I can also show you one picture and claim that the Anambra state government built 1000 world class schools. You have to prove that Amaechi actually did build 500 schools.

Leave that talk, there is no debate in Amaechi's educational development. I told you in my former area alone, we have three. At Rumukwrushi area in Port Harcourt they are three. It is like that in many areas.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Abagworo(m): 9:39am On Dec 08, 2015
Afam4eva:

Afam just accept the truth that Amaechi built hundreds of schools and move on. He was by far the best among the rest but his achievements were downplayed and his Governance frustrated by Jonathan's Government.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Abagworo(m): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Amaechi built Federal Roads running up to N100 Billion and later the Federal Government balanced the State the money. That is why I want Anger channeled towards the leaders who are not working in the state than pointing fingers easily at what the Federal Government did not do.

Rivers is richer than the entire 5 Southeast States combined and Amaechi only did one federal road from Port Harcourt to Omerelu. Akwa Ibom is also richer than the 5 SE States combined and equally did feferal roads. However both Rivers and Akwa Ibom have very bad roads even with all the wealth.

IMHO the Southeast Governors tried their best amidst very paltry income which is usually almost exhausted on recurrent expenditure.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by owobokiri(m): 10:05am On Dec 08, 2015
Abagworo:

To tie the struggle for a free igboland with the electoral fortunes of one Jonathan is the height of insanity... You have been pushing this warry argeument here to no end against all reasonable counsel... i dont know what is wrong with you... In another thread you were busy preparing all sorts of spurious excuses for a northern "revenge" against igbos/Igbos for bringing down one despicable mosque at onitsha.. You conviniently ignored the fact that 9 innocent igbos were maimed by Nigerias security outfits commanded by northerners and that this massacer directly elicited the violent reaction from a hitherto peaceful protest... Some of you just need to dry up.. You cant sacrifice the whole-collective interest of the igbos just because you are a fanatic fan of one bemused Daurra upstart... If you are igbo as you always claim, you should learn to respect the views of the majority.. You dont need to agree with the majority but making it look like igbos are the pugnacious group in this dispensation , in the face of all sorts of flagrant taunts and marginalisations by Abuja/Buharis, as i said earlier is the height of insanity... Abagworo, go and sit down!!!

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by safarigirl(f): 10:20am On Dec 08, 2015
tonychristopher:

Oga you are not Igbo and there is nothing like half measured Igbo

When you talk about akwa ibom I laugh ...Oga I am an anambra man and we are proud ...when did you guys start comparing yourself with us

Hmmmmmm nawa

Or do you want us to measure our development in my place . .both human economic and infrastructure anambra is far ahead ...have you not seen have you not heard

Keep calling aba... They are building it but I am anambra and you are no Igbo not even half
don't insult my akwa-Ibom brother mbok, we have stronger ties to them than Anambrarians

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by tonychristopher: 10:31am On Dec 08, 2015
ngwanu

i am trying to be well behaved here

safarigirl:
don't insult my akwa-Ibom brother mbok, we have stronger ties to them than Anambrarians

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by tonychristopher: 10:33am On Dec 08, 2015
Abagworo:

why are you getting crazier by the day...JONATHAN Scamed igbo, oh how? he did not scam you but SAI BUHARI scammed you with phanthom waterver

Cant you just think for once

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Afam4eva(m): 11:01am On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Leave that talk, there is no debate in Amaechi's educational development. I told you in my former area alone, we have three. At Rumukwrushi area in Port Harcourt they are three. It is like that in many areas.
I'm not doubting you. I just need proof just like you requested of me. If you can't do that then o can't obligebyoi. Just accept that some SE governor's have also built tens of schools.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13am On Dec 08, 2015
Afam4eva:

I'm not doubting you. I just need proof just like you requested of me. If you can't do that then o can't obligebyoi. Just accept that some SE governor's have also built tens of schools.

I did not say did not build more than ten schools. Did they build them up to Amaechi's standard?

The governors can do more and we should hold them accountable to do more. The Igbos are uniting to march for their own country. If they march this way against their corrupt leaders, they will get better results.

Calling the billions they receive paltry like someone above is accepting that these leaders have a right to waste the resources assigned to the states.

The wastages of resources is unacceptable. If the Igbos are okay with it, what is my own.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by drshrewd: 11:35am On Dec 08, 2015
Afam4eva:

Rotimi Amaechi achievements as a governor is the most under reported. those beautiful schools are all over the nook and crannies of the state____their is no mile around the state that you can't find atleast one of those schools.the great thing about those projects is that he built those schools from the scratch after demolishing the old ones which he felt was below standard.The primary schools are each equipped with ICT facility, modern library, science laboratory, football field, basketball pitch, volleyball pitch, a sick bay, nursery playground. He also employed over 13,000 trained graduates to man those schools___Have you ever wondered why Port Harcourt became the first city in sub Saharan Africa to win the World book capital ___ Amaechi is by far the most underrated achievers of our time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:47am On Dec 08, 2015
Abagworo:

Rivers is richer than the entire 5 Southeast States combined and Amaechi only did one federal road from Port Harcourt to Omerelu. Akwa Ibom is also richer than the 5 SE States combined and equally did feferal roads. However both Rivers and Akwa Ibom have very bad roads even with all the wealth.

IMHO the Southeast Governors tried their best amidst very paltry income which is usually almost exhausted on recurrent expenditure.

As of a May 2013.

1. Akwa Ibom. 31LGCs. N69.4bn
2. Rivers. 23 LGCs. N67.6bn

21.ANAMBRA. 21LGCS. 18.74BN
25.ABIA. 17LGCS. 17.48BN
31.ENUGU. 17LGCS. 16.4BN
13.IMO. 27LGCS. 21.9BN

I believe with such Monthly allocations, we should see more from these states.

I do not think we should refer to these as paltry.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by lawrenceunaa: 11:50am On Dec 08, 2015
fistonati:
I blame ur teachers for ur lack of good English and morality
just look at your write up. Is ur an English word. I blame you for your stupidity undecided
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by tonychristopher: 11:56am On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I did not say did not build more than ten schools. Did they build them up to Amaechi's standard?

The governors can do more and we should hold them accountable to do more. The Igbos are uniting to march for their own country. If they march this way against their corrupt leaders, they will get better results.

Calling the billions they receive paltry like someone above is accepting that these leaders have a right to waste the resources assigned to the states.

The wastages of resources is unacceptable. If the Igbos are okay with it, what is my own.

Shut up and go to anambra my state and see education and its standards

How many of your people churn out the finest in Nigerian education ?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
tonychristopher:

Shut up and go to anambra my state and see education and its standards

How many of your people churn out the finest in Nigerian education ?

Are you saying the schools in Anambra are up to the quality of the schools in Port Harcourt? If they are, then you have an amazing Governor.

As for churning out the finest in education, it is not a competition. What I know is that, the strides Amaechi took in Rivers State's standard of education will lead to the development of brilliant minds in the state.

That is what I want for all states and that is why I want Nigerians demanding accountability from our leaders. Especially those close to us. Like the Governors and LGA chairmen that get regular allocations.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by tonychristopher: 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Are you saying the schools in Anambra are up to the quality of the schools in Port Harcourt? If they are, then you have an amazing Governor.

As for churning out the finest in education, it is not a competition. What I know is that, the strides Amaechi took in Rivers State's standard of education will lead to the development of brilliant minds in the state.

That is what I want for all states and that is why I want Nigerians demanding accountability from our leaders. Especially those close to us. Like the Governors and LGA chairmen that get regular allocations.

One education is competing and competition that's why we have position

Two ....anambra has the best school , more that what I have seen at diobu and d line

Take this or you can play ostrich

Amechi used rivers money for APC campaign
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
@Afam4eva and @thegoodjoe

Below is a link showing some of the schools built by amaechi.

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.660026677345109.1073741828.302221556458958&type=3

Pls, afam4eva should show us what his thieving SE governors built since the return of democracy.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Yujin(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Show me and shut me up. For now, no bridges and Ports from the Federal government. That does not stop development in the States.

Did I tell you we are in wont of schools? Of most of the secondary school competitions in Nigeria, Anambra of recent has come tops. Does that not tell you that education therein is topnotch? How many power plants did FG build in the SE as against that built in the other regions? How many economic stimulating infrastructures did they situate in the SE to support the population density there?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Abagworo(m): 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
tonychristopher:

why are you getting crazier by the day...JONATHAN Scamed igbo, oh how? he did not scam you but SAI BUHARI scammed you with phanthom waterver

Cant you just think for once

Yes he scammed Igbos. Where are the railways, international airports, completed highways and 2nd Niger bridge? Buhari is doing well fighting corruption for now and most importantly work has resumed on Port Harcourt- Owerri highway which if completed is to Buhsri's glory. I'm proud of helping oust the scammer.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by tonychristopher: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
Abagworo:

Yes he scammed Igbos. Where are the railways, international airports, completed highways and 2nd Niger bridge? Buhari is doing well fighting corruption for now and most importantly work has resumed on Port Harcourt- Owerri highway which if completed is to Buhsri's glory. I'm proud of helping oust the scammer.

I am not a coward ....did Jonathan not build railways did he not give Enugu international airport ..did he not do Onitsha Owerri road. Jonathan even scammed his people Niger delta ...he couldn't do east west road. Did not upgrade the derivation money and the heights of scam was obasanjo with his people ...he did absolutely nothing for them not even Lagos Ibadan road
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Abagworo(m): 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
owobokiri:

To tie the struggle for a free igboland with the electoral fortunes of one Jonathan is the height of insanity... You have been pushing this warry argeument here to end against all reasonable counsel... i dont know what is wrong with you... In another thread you were busy preparing all sorts of spurious excuses for a northern "revenge" against igbos/Igbos for bringing down one despicable mosque at onitsha.. You conviniently ignored the fact that 9 innocent igbos were maimed by Nigerias security outfits commanded by northerners and that this massacer directly elicited the violent reaction from a hitherto peaceful protest... Some of you just need to dry up.. You cant sacrifice the whole-collective interest of the igbos just because you are a fanatic fan of one bemused Daurra upstart... If you are igbo as you always claim, you should learn to respect the views of the majority.. You dont need to agree with the majority but making it look like igbos are the pugnacious group in this dispensation , in the face of all sorts of flagrant taunts and marginalisations by Abuja/Buharis, as i said earlier is the height of insanity... Abagworo, go and sit down!!!

You are a typical brainless IPOB man. How did you arrive at majority of Igbos supporting your senseless war against Buhari? Jonathan scammed you and you are busy vesting your anger on buhari who has come to correct the scammer's mess.

The task force that shot at protesters is a State joint task force established by Obiano a sensible Igbo Governor that does not want IPOB to destroy his State. What has that got to do with mosque, Hausa businesses and Dangote trucks. Use your head.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
Yujin:

Did I tell you we are in wont of schools? Of most of the secondary school competitions in Nigeria, Anambra of recent has come tops. Does that not tell you that education therein is topnotch? How many power plants did FG build in the SE as against that built in the other regions? How many economic stimulating infrastructures did they situate in the SE to support the population density there?

[b]I am saying most of the questions you guys channel to the Federal government should be channeled to your governors. You guys never or hardly see that your governors get allocations from the Federal government and they are suppose to work so you people can feel the presence of the government.

There were schools in Port Harcourt, long before Gov. Amaechi. That did not stop Amaechi from bulldozing them down and building schools of qualities he considered the standard of the state.

Are your state schools top quality. The Primary schools Amaechi built are free of charge with Uniforms, Socks, Sandals, exercise and textbooks free. That did not stop him from employing over 13000 youths to work in the schools.

So keep waiting for the Federal government to do projects that will impact the states economically and do not ask your leaders why they do not carry out economic stimulating projects.

How many did the Federal Government do for Rivers State? The Bridges, Flyovers, Land reclamation projects and Agricultural projects were all state funded. [/b]
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by Mordecai(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]I am saying most of the questions you guys channel to the Federal government should be channeled to your governors. You guys never or hardly see that your governors get allocations from the Federal government and they are suppose to work so you people can feel the presence of the government.

There were schools in Port Harcourt, long before Gov. Amaechi. That did not stop Amaechi from bulldozing them down and building schools of qualities he considered the standard of the state.

Are your state schools top quality. The Primary schools Amaechi built are free of charge with Uniforms, Socks, Sandals, exercise and textbooks free. That did not stop him from employing over 13000 youths to work in the schools.

So keep waiting for the Federal government to do projects that will impact the states economically and do not ask your leaders why they do not carry out economic stimulating projects.

How many did the Federal Government do for Rivers State? The Bridges, Flyovers, Land reclamation projects and Agricultural projects were all state funded. [/b]

First of all, TheGoodJoe, I think you are just parroting Amaechi's propaganda, seeing as most of your audience do not stay at Port Harcourt and know little about what you are saying and thus cannot prove you wrong.

As much as infrastructure is needed to boost education, infrastructure does not "educate". People and institutions do. We have learnt that institutions develop society, not buildings, not the whole chimichaga you attribute to Amaechi as achievements.

Amaechi did not bring development to Rivers State because he began killing all the institutions there. He succeeded in killing the judiciary. The healthcare sector was dying too, because he instituted free healthcare for everyone, and then refused to fund it. Months into the programme, the whole scheme collapsed. And you should not argue about it, because these are facts. Free healthcare is dead in Rivers State today, even long before the end of Amaechi's administration.

His monorail project - do we really have to tell you it was a white elephant project and a waste of funds?

Not to waste time on Amaechi, let me deal with your assertion that IPOB should direct the protests at Igbo leaders.

You are aware of the idiom - first chase away the wild fox, then we can warn the hen against venturing far into the wild.

The Igbo have their leaders, but who ends up as Governors? Those whom the Federal Government foists on them. We have not forgotten the case of Ngige/Uba, Uba/Peter Obi, Ngige/Obiano. These were all struggles wherein the FG tried to foist their candidate on Anambrarians. While Anambra has been successful in holding their own, other states haven't. You can remember that Chinua Achebe, of blessed memory, even refused national honours from Obasanjo for this same reason.

Because Anambra has been able to keep the leaders it wants, Anambra is working today. Institutions are working. And despite not having to waste money building "Amaechi" model schools, they produce the best students nationwide, at least according to the statistics we have today. They have working hospitals, where citizens can at least get attention without having to go to India. They do not need to, like Amaechi, buy big Mobile healthcare vans that eventually get dumped in BMSH Port Harcourt, after three months. A waste of resources. They have a government that is still carrying out massive projects even when other states can barely pay salaries. This is because they have been able to resist the FG and hold their own. That is the model that gives IPOB hope that with a state of their own, the South East can develop rapidly.

Another case in point, who does the FG want to negotiate with over Biafra? The protesters or the Governors? If they really want peace will they not release Kanu and attempt negotiating with him?

So in a nutshell, IPOB is not a crusade against bad governance. It clearly isn't. It is a protest against the system that gives rise to the bad governance.

If you really do not understand this, then you chose not to.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:11pm On Dec 09, 2015
Mordecai:

First of all, TheGoodJoe, I think you are just parroting Amaechi's propaganda, seeing as most of your audience do not stay at Port Harcourt and know little about what you are saying and thus cannot prove you wrong.

As much as infrastructure is needed to boost education, infrastructure does not "educate". People and institutions do. We have learnt that institutions develop society, not buildings, not the whole chimichaga you attribute to Amaechi as achievements.

Amaechi did not bring development to Rivers State because he began killing all the institutions there. He succeeded in killing the judiciary. The healthcare sector was dying too, because he instituted free healthcare for everyone, and then refused to fund it. Months into the programme, the whole scheme collapsed. And you should not argue about it, because these are facts. Free healthcare is dead in Rivers State today, even long before the end of Amaechi's administration.

His monorail project - do we really have to tell you it was a white elephant project and a waste of funds?

Not to waste time on Amaechi, let me deal with your assertion that IPOB should direct the protests at Igbo leaders.

You are aware of the idiom - first chase away the wild fox, then we can warn the hen against venturing far into the wild.

The Igbo have their leaders, but who ends up as Governors? Those whom the Federal Government foists on them. We have not forgotten the case of Ngige/Uba, Uba/Peter Obi, Ngige/Obiano. These were all struggles wherein the FG tried to foist their candidate on Anambrarians. While Anambra has been successful in holding their own, other states haven't. You can remember that Chinua Achebe, of blessed memory, even refused national honours from Obasanjo for this same reason.

Because Anambra has been able to keep the leaders it wants, Anambra is working today. Institutions are working. And despite not having to waste money building "Amaechi" model schools, they produce the best students nationwide, at least according to the statistics we have today. They have working hospitals, where citizens can at least get attention without having to go to India. They do not need to, like Amaechi, buy big Mobile healthcare vans that eventually get dumped in BMSH Port Harcourt, after three months. A waste of resources. They have a government that is still carrying out massive projects even when other states can barely pay salaries. This is because they have been able to resist the FG and hold their own. That is the model that gives IPOB hope that with a state of their own, the South East can develop rapidly.

Another case in point, who does the FG want to negotiate with over Biafra? The protesters or the Governors? If they really want peace will they not release Kanu and attempt negotiating with him?

So in a nutshell, IPOB is not a crusade against bad governance. It clearly isn't. It is a protest against the system that gives rise to the bad governance.

I listed earlier other things Governor Amaechi did. He built sports complexes, including a stadium. He carried out land reclamation projects in a massive scale. He carried out building of modern housing complexes, he built mega hospitals, he built 160 modern health centers and equipped them. So talking of Mobile health centers is just a minute detail of the strides in health care Amaechi did.

What I am saying is that can you guys compare the level of development Amaechi did with the Allocation he got to the level the Eastern Governors did with the allocations they got.

If not, a mass protest against the wastage of resources will, help in yielding development and make you people have more belief in the system.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by drshrewd: 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2015
Mordecai:

[b]nigga I don't think you've been to PH beforeif not you would not have been typing badadash

you said:
"As much as infrastructure is needed to boost education, infrastructure does not "educate". People and institutions do. We have learnt that institutions develop society, not buildings, not the whole chimichaga you attribute to Amaechi as achievements"

since you do not reside in Rivers state I will obliged to educate you. Amaechi made a radical and holistic revolution in the education sector. he did not only built hundreds of second to non public schools in the country but he also employed and trained over 13,000 teachers :o____can you beat that. even the then FG never employed as much in its entire dispensation. check out the job section of Nairaland you will find out that the thread about that massive employment is the only public employment thread that has been alive for over three years now. check it out here https://www.nairaland.com/1023351/rivers-state-teachers-recruitment-2012 this is not propaganda you will find over 600,000 posts of benefitiaries____These were previously poor unemployed graduates. Amaechi hardly advertise his achievement and most of his achievements are even mostly under reported. and hey, don't expect immediate results as these is wholistic revamping of the state's educational sector that took several years to complete and just materialize barely two years ago when the best of infrastructure met the best of brain. just watch out for Rivers State in the next 5 to 8yrs cool

you also said:

"Amaechi did not bring development to Rivers State because he began killing all the institutions there. He succeeded in killing the judiciary. The healthcare sector was dying too, because he instituted free healthcare for everyone, and then refused to fund it. Months into the programme, the whole scheme collapsed. And you should not argue about it, because these are facts. Free healthcare is dead in Rivers State today, even long before the end of Amaechi's administration"

you are indeed a novice in Rivers state affair. he killed judiciary you said when the government in the center can not allow him appoint a chief judge? you must be rambunctiously discombobulated. go read the constitution of Nigeria dude

where did you get your info that the free medical care program was not working. why are you bent at discrediting good governance?

how can you say the monorail project is a waste when Architech Namadi Sambo the former VP during his campaign in PH said if Wike should be elected as governor he would complete the project. that Project is one of Amachi's legacy project that I love so much. I know you may not know the value of a monorail especially in modern Urban transit that's why you called it a wast. for your info that monorail was conceived to be completed in Phases to link up old PH township to as far as Eleme. monorail projects all over the world takes years to complete its not a cut and nail project that you can complete with a go. If you really understand the politics of how the private partners who are even the major financier of the project pulled out you will really appreciate the then State governor on the level of the project.
[/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by DerideGull(m): 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

You are totally oblivious to the type of politics played in Nigeria. Amaechi's Rivers State will be refunded by the partial federal government but Obiano's Anambra State will not be refunded. The idiotic federal government of Nigeria has no reason to derelict on its duties.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
drshrewd:

[b]nigga I don't think you've been to PH beforeif not you would not have been typing badadash

you said:
"As much as infrastructure is needed to boost education, infrastructure does not "educate". People and institutions do. We have learnt that institutions develop society, not buildings, not the whole chimichaga you attribute to Amaechi as achievements"

since you do not reside in Rivers state I will obliged to educate you. Amaechi made a radical and holistic revolution in the education sector. he did not only built hundreds of second to non public schools in the country but he also employed and trained over 13,000 teachers :o____can you beat that. even the then FG never employed as much in its entire dispensation. check out the job section of Nairaland you will find out that the thread about that massive employment is the only public employment thread that has been alive for over three years now. check it out here https://www.nairaland.com/1023351/rivers-state-teachers-recruitment-2012 this is not propaganda you will find over 600,000 posts of benefitiaries____These were previously poor unemployed graduates. Amaechi hardly advertise his achievement and most of his achievements are even mostly under reported. and hey, don't expect immediate results as these is wholistic revamping of the state's educational sector that took several years to complete and just materialize barely two years ago when the best of infrastructure met the best of brain. just watch out for Rivers State in the next 5 to 8yrs cool

you also said:

"Amaechi did not bring development to Rivers State because he began killing all the institutions there. He succeeded in killing the judiciary. The healthcare sector was dying too, because he instituted free healthcare for everyone, and then refused to fund it. Months into the programme, the whole scheme collapsed. And you should not argue about it, because these are facts. Free healthcare is dead in Rivers State today, even long before the end of Amaechi's administration"

you are indeed a novice in Rivers state affair. he killed judiciary you said when the government in the center can not allow him appoint a chief judge? you must be rambunctiously discombobulated. go read the constitution of Nigeria dude

where did you get your info that the free medical care program was not working. why are you bent at discrediting good governance?

how can you say the monorail project is a waste when Architech Namadi Sambo the former VP during his campaign in PH said if Wike should be elected as governor he would complete the project. that Project is one of Amachi's legacy project that I love so much. I know you may not know the value of a monorail especially in modern Urban transit that's why you called it a wast. for your info that monorail was conceived to be completed in Phases to link up old PH township to as far as Eleme. monorail projects all over the world takes years to complete its not a cut and nail project that you can complete with a go. If you really understand the politics of how the private partners who are even the major financier of the project pulled out you will really appreciate the then State governor on the level of the project.
[/b]

One thing is that, Amaechi does not brag about his achievements. That is why people talk poorly about him. Amaechi changed my philosophy of leadership. He put his ideas out there and backed it up with results.

He hardly talked about Golf Estate which was a remarkable project.

His TIMA-RIV work deserved commendation due to the amount of Jobless youths he employed.

Yesterday, I was on Ada George road and I smiled. He brought development to that area. In Mgbuoba, 200 transformers were not only donated but mounted. Just Mgbuoba alone.

Yet, no news about it. The man is great and I believe if the leaders in the South Eastern States used their allocations as Amaechi did, there will be less cry of marginalization. We do not gain anything if our towns man gets a ministerial position. We gain more from our Governors working. That is just my point.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
DerideGull:

You are totally oblivious to the type of politics played in Nigeria. Amaechi's Rivers State will be refunded by the partial federal government but Obiano's Anambra State will not be refunded. The idiotic federal government of Nigeria has no reason to derelict on its duties.

It would not have cost the State Governors much to see Goodluck and negotiate it. If the Governors wanted to work Federal roads, the ministry of works and the President would reach an agreement with them.

They can not say the FG will say no if they did not try.
Re: Biafra: A Struggle For Disgruntled Elements? by DerideGull(m): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

As of a May 2013.

1. Akwa Ibom. 31LGCs. N69.4bn
2. Rivers. 23 LGCs. N67.6bn

21.ANAMBRA. 21LGCS. 18.74BN
25.ABIA. 17LGCS. 17.48BN
31.ENUGU. 17LGCS. 16.4BN
13.IMO. 27LGCS. 21.9BN

I believe with such Monthly allocations, we should see more from these states.

I do not think we should refer to these as paltry.

It defies any form of logic that state with 23 LGCS receives three times of more federal allocation than a with 27LGCS yet you have the audacity to mouth off on southeastern states on performance or lack thereof. Nigeria is very illogical and its disintegration can, at least, bring some forms of logicalities to that part of the world.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy 59th Birthday To Obiano And Happy 64th Birthday To Ngige / Kidnapping Grows As Nigerians Pay N650m Ransom In 1 Year / Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.