Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,714 members, 7,951,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:17 AM

Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! (4616 Views)

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / Mother Of Boy Who Flies Arik Air Plane On Tyre From Benin To Lagos Speaks / Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by freddie1(m): 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2006
Nothing will be done about that part of the road until baba or somebody close to him dies there. That is how it is in naija! cry
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by candylips(m): 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2006
which baba are you talking about
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by deathadder(m): 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2006
when me did that road me took 12 hours.

Two fools try rob me up and steal me cell phone.

Me blast dem into space! Waste of bullets on scum like dat! undecided
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by Scorpio(f): 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2006
I know the airport isn't working in benin, but the one owned by Lucky's dad, is it still in operation or both are completely down? if the latter's d case, how does Obasanjo visit, he passes through that road n still hasn't done nothing? undecided
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by yemmydavid(m): 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2006
the airport in benin is workin but not on a large scale cos i av a friend serving there.i dont tink igbinedion (snr) has an airport he only used to av an airline (okada airline) that has been grounded in ages.
also knw very well that BABA has not visited edo state cos during his recent visit to bayelsa,he said "edo state is one of NDDC states he has has not visited and he would do that b4 he can give an asssesment of NDDC itself",
the roads inside benin city is as bad as the one we are discussing,
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by jaguda(m): 9:35am On Oct 26, 2006
@ Odeku, pardon me, but SHUT UP!

aRE u in Nigeria? or sumwhere else? Are u telling me u r the only one ignorant of the fact that Tony Anenih was given N300Billion for road construction, in his tenure as Works Minister? Ogunlewe even tried in getting the Oniparaga section in Ondo State fixed when he came in. You want to know the complete amount given to Anenih? Ask Dr. Cairo Ojugoh, His PA then turned front and presently a National Lawmaker and a Gubernatorial aspirant in Delta State.

Who do u think owns Eagle line transport? One Abhulimen in Benin? Wrong, Thief oops sorry, Chief Tony Anenih. YES.

When asked to dualise and upgrade the East - West Road linking Rivers to Delta through Bayelsa, What did Anenih say? Dat the venture was too expensive, but its not too expensive for oil exploration? abi?

The Lagos - Benin Highway is the Busiest in Nigeria and shoul be given special attention. Anenih, not Ogunlewe should be held for questioning.

Untill dat road is done, no xmas for me in Warri this year, i'd rather go to Accra, cos Naija Stinks!
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by ope0lu(m): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2006
last i went thru that route, i saw (i was on d other side of d road- returning to lag)a whole bus go down like twas going thru an underground channel and resurface at the other end, its not a pit its a , i dunno kno, but me friend claims the road is non-existent or rather went into extinction,

now i fear i'm gonna have to go thru dat way if i;m gonna return to bayelsa, yet i understand d Gov upped d prize money for Ultimate Man3, while his road is deteriorating, talk about priority Gov. Igbinedion!, but its a Federal road sha so we'll look up to Baba to do sumtin (which i hear he's on top of d matter), sha i have to use it on sunday and promise to set my countdown timer!1!
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by vassilli(m): 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2006
make i tell una my own ordeal.
i passed that route 1wk ago.
ore to benin alone na like 8hrs and dats cos i was in a mini bus. luxirious buses and lorries dey slp the road three day.sth wey no pass 2hrs on a good day. we no get govt for this country. na flight dem dey use. abi no b so?
poor man go suffer for this country o!
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2006
last week my cousin was travelling from calabar to lagos through cross country(which their buses are known to be very fast).he slept on the road for two days just because of the road shocked,the road is really bad.something needs to be done fast. angry
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by candylips(m): 1:49am On Oct 29, 2006
two days geeezze thats cool cool
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by maygold80(f): 5:22pm On Oct 29, 2006
Omo men, twas such an unpleasant journey a couple of wiks ago. From Benin to Ore actually took us 8 hours.d Iyare bus i boarded actually left Benin @ exactly 2p.m and we didn't get to Ore til 10p.m, we finally arived @ Ojota @ 12midnite. twas a hel of a journey. Xmas is ere again so u can imagine wat its gona luklike. May GOD help us ere.
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by ijah: 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2006
I cant believe this gist.For the better part of my youth ,almost 15yrs we always passed benin on our way home (Benue) the road has never been good.Its possible criminals keep it that way to trap people. God save Nigeria and destroy wicked and selfish leaders, Amen
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by blackweaver(m): 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2006
personally i don't think the government 'spent' that much money to fix that road but i'm shocked at you people, we all know that electricity is erratic in Nigeria 'cos powerful pple are making money from the sale of generators; isn't it obvious that some powerful people are making money from the sale of car spare parts grin therefore they are not willing to have that road repaired and if they want to travel to the east they can always fly - though that may not be such a viable option with the recent adc airline crash incident
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by romeo(m): 11:26am On Nov 01, 2006
i am not surprised that this is going on in naija and now coupled with the plane crashes, i think it's gonna be a hectic xmas for easterners
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by whytee(f): 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2006
The last time my younger sister came to Lagos she got in by 11.30pm and i was very upset with her. although she was trying to explain how bad the road was

She left Lagos again with the first bus last three weeks and when i called her their bus was still at benin by 7pm. inshort she got to Enugu by 10.30pm looking worn out. Thank God for GSM

the raod is really bad
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by kellybaba(m): 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2006
Obj & his PDP Govt btw 1999-2002 voted and approved a total of N300billion for road construction and rehabilitation when Chief Anthoni Anenih was Works Minister and its very strange and equally curious that Benin-Ore road was untouched ! likewise several other roads in the country.No questions were asked.EFCC kept mute ! Anenih's profile as Mr "Fix it" continued to rise.Naija 4u !

When Orji Uzor Kalu asked Anenih to be probed concerning this,they wanted to crucify Orji for speakn out.

See whr we r 2day??

Long Live 9ja !
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by candylips(m): 9:00am On Nov 02, 2006
when will people realize that the prosent crop of politicians are only there for themselves they do not care about you or i
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by cabali(m): 11:38am On Nov 04, 2006
Men! this is getting scary! 7hrs? instead of 3? thats insane man!
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by Proton(m): 6:11am On Nov 05, 2006
@ Kellybaba

Me(lookinig from afar) think this situation is appalling. Who/what do you think is the main course this nightmare route that truamatice the "lenght and breath" of travellers, some, innocently, suffering and smiling.
 Can you input some infos.
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by pucho(m): 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2006
Yes the road is bad and yes you spend a while on the road i go to benin every weekend and apart from yesterday i have never spent more than 6 hours on the road.yesterday believe it or not the holdup was at Ore and i was their for 5hrs. it was because a truck fell over in a ditch. The road is very bad but RCC seems to be workin on the road.
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by cabali(m): 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2006
Well I guess they will have to fix it up sooner or later cos they need goog roads to effectively rigg elections!!!
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by Jokotola: 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2006
Baba Iyabo a beg try make you do this one for us before you go o. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by Reverend(m): 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2006
Very Good News :-)

A least the Yahoo Boys spend longer away from the Internet cafes!
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by cabali(m): 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2006
like they need bad road network to slow 'em down!!!
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by candylips(m): 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2006
but why is it called in information super highway smiley
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by cabali(m): 8:07am On Nov 18, 2006
ur guess is as good as mine!

word is there is work going on, on the road; that true?
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by Ruler: 12:48pm On Jan 11, 2007
Hello Guys!!!
I am not suprised. Nigeria is in a very critical situation. But i pray that one day things are are going to turn around.
I came from Germany with some friends in 2006. My God! i couldn't believe what i saw. we spent 10hrs from lagos to Benin. We couldn't take flight because my white frineds were afraid of Nigeria's plane and airsafty. i don't know what plans the Govt. is putting in place. Can someone tell me please? I love my country.
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by Badman888(m): 10:24pm On Feb 17, 2007
It took me 15hrs in december, due to 7hrs hold up b4 shagamu, imagine,
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by cabali(m): 4:11am On Feb 19, 2007
My goodness, badman!! where have u been dawg??!! cool
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by Badman888(m): 4:38am On Feb 19, 2007
yea long time i was banned 4 about 6 months cheesy, long time how u doin
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by cabali(m): 6:22am On Feb 19, 2007
What? u got banned? how is it possible?
Re: Hurray: Benin To Lagos Is Now 7 Hours! by BUSHFELLOW(m): 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2007
The road is now a big problem do we have hope that that road will be taken care of soon. it is becoming on bearable for how long will that road remain like that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? / Why Are Middle Class Nigerians Relocating To Canada? / List Of Publicly Funded Colleges In Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.