Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,422 members, 7,881,547 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:29 PM

Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness (28330 Views)

Ipob Split: Ipob Releases Official Statement, Accuses Buhari Of Cluelessness / A Compendium Of Buhari' S Cluelessness: Femi Aribisala / Financial Times calls Nigeria's economic approach the height of foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by pazienza(m): 12:02am On Dec 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
I gave them a simple illustration here.
The number of their kinsmen that are flooding into PHC, Calabar , Uyo , Warri and Yenegoa is a clear sign that their states aren't faring better than the Niger Delta states compared to people from these states flooding into their own states though I love Enugu wink yeah! I love that city , this is where tourism is suppose to flourish.
People do not migrate for fun but because of hardship and in search of a better life but the chest beating chimps won't just listen.
These days I have refused to point out their flaws vigorously lest they should become smarter.
Most of them here that are making noise up and down has a lock-up shop in warri , PHC , Yenegoa and Uyo et al or they are related to someone that has a shop in these towns yet they call these people backward.
Who runs a shop business and even hawk in a town where there is no purchasing power?
Delusion of grandeur is disease my friend.

Another rubbish coming from the stables of this Ijawman.

Ndiigbo are not just flooding to Uyo and Yenegoa, they are also flooding all over the world, taking advantage of the opportunities present in those places, it does not in anyway mean that all those places are better off than Igboland.

I'd suggest you face your own flaws and deal with them than speaking of flaws of a group who are obviously head and shoulders above yours in every aspect of human development.

Here are the facts:https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics
: https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

I am sure that the presence of Igboland in SS helped the region stay close to SE in lots of things, we( Ndiigbo in SE or SS) are formidable, no boasting, only facts.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by patrick89(m): 6:17am On Dec 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
Edwin Clark's action didn't go down well with vibrant Ijaw youths that understood that the task ahead isn't something that would be accomplished by Ijaws alone.
Besides , the bulk of the people that engaged in the armed struggle were mostly ijaws while the Ogonis expelled shell from their land and the Ogbas choses to negotiate with the two oil majors for scholarships from primary to university education both national and international level , employment quota and infrastructural development and contracts as well as health facilities and youth sustainable programs which I'm a living beneficiary of almost all of them.
So, tell me why would a neighbor after seeing people like us benefiting from these things want to ask his child or ward to bear arms to get his right back or go about it violently ?
We are making progress, it is a slow one but we'll not go about it violently and if that's what makes us ignorant and lost so be it - Pick up arms and demand for your right , we are waiting for the outcome.
Each time is see you and your brothers write I shiver, but that will never make me write bad things about your people, people can call you names like it's obtainable in every igbo land, where each village has a nickname based on what their forebears did in the past, I don't think you know what you are doing by picking a fight with your neighbour! but that aside, your above comment some how shows that you loathe igbos so much, though I have seen it before, how can you absolve Edwin clark from this, despite his tribalistic comment against odili using ordinary, damage control body language? the action was premeditated, register an opinion, apologies, but the first message and the most important one conveyed! That was what Edwin clark did!

3 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by anachy: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Like I said, no part of the said screenshot has ANYTHING to do with hate for igbos. To cure your ignorance, Bayelsa was created because the Ijaws wanted at least one Ijaw state. In fact, we are agitating for more Ijaw states like the proposed Oil Rivers state made of of two Ijaw LGAs in Akwa Ibom and the Ijaw LGAs in Rivers state. That's not all!

Stop saying what you don't know
I use to hear that we have ijaws in akwa ibom, can you tell me which local gvt they re found? And dat of rivers too?

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by naijaking1: 11:36am On Dec 08, 2015
LadyExcellency:

As I said before

Chuba Okadigbo as Senate President mobilized Umar N'Abba the Speaker of HOR to overturn President Obasanjo's veto on establishment of NNDC.

Without the doggedness of Sen. Chuba Okadigbo the then Senate President standing up against President Obasanjo, there would have been no NNDC and probably no Niger Delta Ministry

Southeasterners fight while South-south benefits.

The agitation of Biafra may bring back the call for implementation of 2014 confab back to the table and South-south will reap from blood of IPOB agitators.

Reaping from Igbo struggles(and denying it too)and stabbing Igbos on the back every time: which one is worse?
I tie for Ijaw people!!!

2 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by anachy: 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
Euro31:

www.ndoniusa.org/history-of-ndoni.html grin cheesy
Oya naa
the link stated that ndoni language is distinct from igbo language but similar to aboh speaking language in delta. Hope I'm right, that means they don't share the same origin with igbo right ?
Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by anachy: 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
again you are bringing Ndoni. Wtf? Is Ndoni same as Ndoki? I guess you don't even know the difference!

Beside, Ndoni from the article is linked to Aboh/Kwale in Delta state and maintains distinct entity. Didn't you read it?
yes you re right. I didn't see where they claimed igbo as their origin but they stated their similarity of their language to aboh people in delta state.
Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
pazienza:

Another rubbish coming from the stables of this Ijawman.

Ndiigbo are not just flooding to Uyo and Yenegoa, they are also flooding all over the world, taking advantage of the opportunities present in those places, it does not in anyway mean that all those places are better off than Igboland.

I'd suggest you face your own flaws and deal with them than speaking of flaws of a group who are obviously head and shoulders above yours in every aspect of human development.

Here are the facts:https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics
: https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

I am sure that the presence of Igboland in SS helped the region stay close to SE in lots of things, we( Ndiigbo in SE or SS) are formidable, no boasting, only facts.
@truckpusher this your ibo neighbours are very funny grin

He claims ibos only travel to places to take advantage of the opportunities there. My question are:

1. if there are no opportunities there, why would anyone go to such places?

2. Why isn't sambisa forest attractive to them?

3. Why do the ibos leave the opportunity they believe exists in their region to go live like 2nd class citizens in another man's region?

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by nku5: 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
Your lies won't kill you again.
I said both the "Nigerian troops and the Biafran troops committed act of war crimes in the Niger Delta depending on the perceived reception they got from the same people they were supposedly to be liberating from the other defending or invading troops" pull your head out from the ass of hate and half truth , you might just see the light.

Barcanistus failed miserably when he tried to spin up a story about biafran war crimes in the ND. Provide any historical sources if you have any. I seriously doubt you do

3 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Can't you read? Who says Etches are Ijaws? Etches are DISTINCT ethnic group. I am not aware that they call themselves Igbos. In fact, a version of their origin is traced to Benin Kingdom. That's not my business anyway...but I know that they are distinct group

And Odili is from Ndoni!

You guys easily call a group of people numbering hundreds of thousands as an ethnic group, some of you even term such a nation.

If anybody who has little language difference should claim independent then I guess an Abakaliki man with different dialect yet same Igbo language as other Igbos should deny his Igboness.

What you people call groups are mere clans of a broader tree and ancestor. Just as we have tens of different clans in Igboland. Abakaliki clan, Afikpo, Nsukka, etc all making up the broader Igbo nation.

I have no doubt that all these Ndoki, Egbema, Etche, Anioma are also clans of a broader nation and the earlier they do their history and allign with their original family the better for them because no man is an island.

Very soon oil go expire, the first phase has already kick-started.

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Like I said, no part of the said screenshot has ANYTHING to do with hate for igbos. To cure your ignorance, Bayelsa was created because the Ijaws wanted at least one Ijaw state. In fact, we are agitating for more Ijaw states like the proposed Oil Rivers state made of of two Ijaw LGAs in Akwa Ibom and the Ijaw LGAs in Rivers state. That's not all!

Stop saying what you don't know

Ijaw for the Akwa Ibom I dey? You this land grabber get out of here...

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by aljharem(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
Largas:

Ijaw for the Akwa Ibom I dey? You this land grabber get out of here...

shut up, you are not from akwa ibom so dont talk
Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
aljharem:

shut up, you are not from akwa ibom so dont talk

You shut up. I've stayed here for so long to know there is no Ijaw land in Akwa Ibom.

Ijaws belong to the creeks and have no place in Akwa Ibom.

Don't even think about bringing your lang grabbing asss to this part of the country.
Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by meccuno: 10:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
How an ijaw or a non igbo suddenly becomes an expert on who is igbo or not beats my imagination.............obviously they don't speak the language I wonder how they suddenly became professors in the origin of the igbo tribe...........and to think some people would be so gullible to even believe the story is pathetic

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Jesusloveyou: 10:29am On Dec 09, 2015
Obiagu1:
Quote of the Year:

The reasons why Ijaws and other minorities in the South South are “content being Nigerians”
Ignorance and helplessness. That’s all. The minority tribes in Nigeria’s Niger Delta generate a bulk of the country’s revenue but they’re some of the poorest people you can ever find in Africa. Most Nigerians from the west and north barely even know they exist.

By a NigerDeltan.

Definitions:
Stupidity is when you ask for resource control for 50 years out of a 100 years your oil is supposed to last and you keep asking for the same thing when you are not succeeding.

Ignorance is when you don't know that you are jumping head first into a pit full of shit in 50 years time when your only bargaining power is exhausted and you have nothing to show for it.

Helplessness is when you are used and dumped and you have nothing to fall on to and no one cares if you still exist.
d only reason i hate d igbos too much is because of their greediness, greediness to everything, even greedy to themselves, and that is d only reason i just want them to go, they can't be fit into nigeria system, they are d major reason nigeria is not working, above all, majority of them like corruption,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

President Buhari, His Daughters, Son And Sons-In-Law Pictured Together / Terror Sponsors Behind Air Crash That Killed Ibrahim Attahiru - Ali-Keffi / World's Ten Smallest Militaries- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.