Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,462 members, 7,888,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:27 AM

Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? (17340 Views)

Poll: Who is the Best Music Video Director in Nigeria?

DJ Tee: 34% (31 votes)
Clarence Peters: 34% (31 votes)
Wudi Awa: 6% (6 votes)
Shina Adediji: 0% (0 votes)
Uzodinma Okpechi: 1% (1 vote)
Jude 'Engees' Okoye: 21% (19 votes)
Others (Indicate in thread): 2% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Your Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? / Meet Sesan Ogunro, One Of The Most Creative Video Director In Africa / Who Is The Best Video Director In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by opensesame: 10:37am On Jun 01, 2009
I have to say this is one area in the Nigerian Music Industry that is improving tremendously.
We've actually moved from dancing in front of lawns, swimming pools and fine houses to HD pictures, animations etc.
In your opinion, who's the best music video director, in terms of creativity, originality etc.
I have to give some props to the old guys like Shina Adediji (Shinani) and Uzodinma Okpechi. . . they tried for their tym sha.
Then Wudi Awa's 'No be God' video for Gino was definitely groundbreaking.
Big ups to DJ Tee, Clarence Peters and PSquare's Director (if it's really Jude). . . oh and who Directs Darey's videos. That guy is dope!! Any others I missed out?
So, guys, who do you think is King??
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by audio: 10:45am On Jun 01, 2009
Clarence Peters work ethic seems really high. Not sure if that's personal connections or because of his talent per se. Either way, he seems to be top right now. Liked the last Knighthouse video the best. Solid video for a solid tune.

If Jude Okoye is really the PSquare video director, then he deserves props as well. However, since no one else seems to want to hire him to do their video, he is suspect for now.

DJ Tee, old news.

I like the guy that did the last Nigga Raw video. It was different.

All in all the, the games on the up. Long may it continue.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by dawhizkid1(m): 11:02am On Jun 01, 2009
Creativity and Originality - i'l go for Clarence Peters, Dj Tee follows closely.
For Consistency - Jude 'Engees' Okoye.(from, Get squared to say ur love to more than a friend to roll it)abeg the guy they try.
One hit Wonder - Wudi Awa. Imo Gino - No be God? Stil remain the best Video out of Naija.
Infact all of em are worth giving props to.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by opensesame: 11:12am On Jun 01, 2009
audio:

If Jude Okoye is really the PSquare video director, then he deserves props as well. However, since no one else seems to want to hire him to do their video, he is suspect for now.
grin grin grin
No, really, we cant tell if he is the real creative director or he's just frontin as one.

audio:

DJ Tee, old news.
ah ah. DJ Tee still dey try now.

da-whizkid:

Creativity and Originality - i'l go for Clarence Peters, Dj Tee follows closely.
True, true. That thing he did with Sasha's Adara was creativity at it's best. That video didnt seem expensive ('newspaper' clippings & all) but it was dope!

da-whizkid:

One hit Wonder - Wudi Awa. Imo Gino - No be God? Stil remain the best Video out of Naija.
Infact all of em are worth giving props to.
I still trip for that video till 2day. Like, in 10 yrs tym, it'll still be tight!
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by khanye(m): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2009
Clarence Peters You need to check out Ay.com ft. Terry - pass me your love and Ndoli Ndoli by H-man.
Both videos are bad!
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by ShotCaller: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2009
consistency wise, il give it to clarence peters, dj t is cool, but sometimes his colors are somewhat too loud, he's best video to date is still stylee by dj jimmy jatt, 
there is Akin AlABI,
jude okoye is cool, but he needs to prove him self outside his brothers, he couldnt even get the JMARTINS gig,which is family, so i think he is suspect, the wudi awa guy, needs to go beyond the gina line, and step up,
there are upcoming guys like AK one, there is FRESHOUT also, the list geos and geos,
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by damseremie(m): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2009
Before anyone finds out later and accuses me of being partial , let me first say that i am also a Video Director and here is my own opinion:
It's pretty hard to define "BEST" since each of them have thier unique strong points

DJ Tee: He is undoubtably still one of the best (U know my P, Yahooze etc)however early last year his videos had begun to seem repetitive and less creative hence the arrival of Clarence Peters was a breath of fresh air but he still holds his own anyday else he wouldnt be one of the biggest names,

Clarence Peters aka Capital:: These days Capital is the bOMb. He brought a totally fresh quality to music video's. i Appreciate His work rate. Believe me producing quality music video's in a week is not BEAN's(i know): however recently his videos also began to seem repetitive,  Basically it involved the artiste standing or sitting infront of some type of set and the camera moving usually in the now overused semi-circle pattern,  ( i guess it was from his fear of shooting outdoors)

But i can see with Aye Bo Gan by Illbliss and Owo by Lanre that he still has wat it takes to wow us,

Jude Okoye: as u guys said, Jude is a bit suspect cause we have never seen any other vids he directed besides P-square's ( i heard he usually doesnt do much in thier south-africa shoots only taking real control 4 videos like "No one like u" but na rumor ooo, no quote me). But if he really directs then big props to him,

Wudi Awa aka Wudland: I love this guy cause he dosent do that many videos but each one he does is great, and he is not a one hit wonder,  Besides No be God--Gino, there was Farabale--Gino,True Story--Timaya and more recently Kokoroko by Kefee which is doing great,

Gbenga Salu: If u need a graphical, visual and special effects laced music video, then this is the man for you. Green Screen, compositing, animation,  he seems to have it well in hand,  in this area he is probaly one of the best around,  Remember Aye Ole by  Infinity,  Bianule Remix by Samsong and most recently Ten-Ten by the Mo-hits crew,

There are also a lot of other guys doiing great work, i dont have much time else i would have posted AK One, FreshOut, Base1,, More later
As u can see, they all have their strengths
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by opensesame: 1:56pm On Jun 01, 2009
@damseremie
WORD!!!
Valid points you got there.

Gbenga Salu. . . dude did a fantastic job with Ten-Ten. Very creative with the effects, I must say! I guess that's someone to watch out for.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by rockyfela(m): 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2009
clarence peters to me,
ps: no be GOD vid was and is still dope.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by opensesame: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2009
Whao! Looks lyk CP is takin it.
Does anyone kno who directs Darey's vids??
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by damola1: 12:10pm On Jun 03, 2009
Mark and Gwydion, the same hands responsible for his previous videos ‘Not the girl’ and ‘More’
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by showbobo(m): 1:10pm On Jun 03, 2009
Me finks Clarence Peters is just imitating DJ Tee's style. . . seriously. . . They both lack creativity. . . Imagine 9ice's STREET CREDIBILTY being shot in a studio. . .The video lacks originality
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by opensesame: 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2009
damola1:

Mark and Gwydion, the same hands responsible for his previous videos ‘Not the girl’ and ‘More’
They are tight!! The 'Not the girl' vid was fantastic!
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by vicade(m): 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2009
i vote for wudi awa For the simple fact that the No be God Video by Gino is the best naija music video i have ever seen

DJ Tee,Clarence Peters and co are good but that No be God video is just something else. None of these other directors have even come close to that,

Most videos nowadays are all alike with chicks,mostly studio background and some sleek editing with absolutely little or no story line/concept.Wudi awa took it to the streets. I would have loved wudi awa to have directed the stylee video by dj jimmy jatt and co.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32BLnQs6Yoo

That is wudi awa's best work.How consistent he performs is another topic but which of these other directors have produced a video of such quality and concept? Groundbreaking mehn

P.S. To be honest most of these clarence peters and dj tees just have sleek editing skills and powerful cameras. Their concept generation/creation for videos they direct are mostly wack. Someone mentioned pass me your love video-when terry g was like , "i dey trip for your back hey,yash hey"? where was the yash?pass me your love video was a powerful camera,sleek editing,chicks and absolutely no concept
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by nature262(m): 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2009
i think the unikness of our enviroment should be rep. in our vids. (i.e naija feel, the people, places, lifestyle ) thumb up to naija musikvid. Dir.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by hilli666(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2009
"Phillip Trimnell". Who just won the Legendary award.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by Virgo83(m): 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2009
Stop being Childish, DJ Tee, Na Him be the Baba

Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by toluwalomo(m): 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2009
@showbobo, "Street Cred" shot in a studio"

It's easy for you to just watch and criticize. You might benefit from behind the scene insight sometimes to know how these things work.

Do you know whether the weather conditions where right for a shoot outdoors?

Do you know if 9ce's budget was better accomdated indoors?

Just because you expected the video to be a certain way and it was not, does not mean it lacks creativity.

Anyways back to the post.

Clarence is the IT man for now, his work ethic, his music and artiistic range, is superb.

DJ tee has made too much money. He seems bored and bereft of creativity with the vids he put's out.

Jude is a scam.

The others are still on the come-up.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by Virgo83(m): 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2009
There are things we need to make clear here and if you'll agree with me, Clearance Peter as not arrived he is yet to. As for Shina Adedeji, he is trying. Jude 'Engees' Okoye, an opportunist, if not for his brothers i don't think he'll be in the game.

Doubt it not DJ Tee na BABA.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by hilli666(m): 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2009
Phillip Trimnell pioneered the way, and many of to-days top music video producers were part of his staff earlier on and learned a lot from him. Especially one, who has become successfully in America shooting music video for the likes of top Hip Hop stars. Back in the day Phillip Trimnell or PTP was the only outlet for many fledgling new artist. He shot Onyka Owenus (one love keep us together), Raskimono, Mike Okri, Majek fashek, Fela, Femi, music video.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by popekay(m): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2009
It's Clarence all the way! He redefined nigerian videos with mad concepts. Some other pros too i respect are Gbenga Salu, Lexten, DJ Tee and Daniel Ademinokan (D Bishop),
Naija is just blessed!
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by djcrucifix(m): 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2009
i think i ll go for clarence peters. the guy get concepts, i especially loved that durella's shayo video, it was too gbaski! lol.

jude okoye too is good but why na only p-square video d guy dey do? d guy stingy o!

dj-tee? d guy sef get mouf but,

the rest of 'em?, i no know o!

lest i forget, igho to is a good director.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by SENservice(m): 12:44am On Jun 04, 2009
i feel you guys, others have felt the same way, but what most found out is that, with all the energy in production,

where is my copy of the hard work going to be in the next six months if i buy it today.

let change position, humnn

where is yours gonna be.?
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by charlesopp(m): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2009
love clarence peters, he's good
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by obinna5000(m): 9:44pm On Jun 05, 2009
Clarence Peters tends to be more creative than DJ Tee.
DJ Tee is a good music video director no doubt but his videos has too many bright and sharp colours.
Shina Adediji reigned in the late 90's or so. Now, he's no where to be found.
Jude Okoye is good as well but has not directed a music video for another artiste apart from P-Square.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by BABE3: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2009
its WHOEVER DIRECTED M.I 'S SAFE VIDEO.
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by chaps09(m): 10:18pm On Jun 07, 2009
Dj tee is good, but the guy that directed ENTER THE PLACE by tu baba is better
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by lalaboi(m): 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2009
Word i heard was Clarence peters was tutored by Dj Tee. . . .dunno if its true tho
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by tunde300us(m): 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2009
They re all good,but men Gino's no be God still be am oh.Too much creativity nd all,am waiting for another video like dat.I also liked the video THE LAND IS GREEN,donno who produced it
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by obinna5000(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2009
Gino's No Be God was directed by Wudi Awa.
TY Bello's Green Land was directed by TY Bello.
M.I.'s Safe was directed by MEX of PIXEL CHAOS Chocolate City
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by ifababa(m): 7:29am On Jun 10, 2009
I can also try my best oo, Because my uncle get one 1990 VHS camera for house and one camcoder though the lens is not too bright and i wont charge you much, just between 4-5000 naira would do, Who knows ,nothing is impossible for God to do, i might just be winning the best video director on hip hop awards, smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dlol

nawaoo, I dont have anything to say but its interesting to be a part of it, I rest my case

Ifababa
Re: Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by icezik1(m): 7:55am On Jun 11, 2009
What happened to Mex and IGHO?

Mex of Pixel Chaos is responsible for Dipp's video as well as Djinee's Lade feat. MI and MI's Safe feat. Djinee. Those videos where tight and off the hook as far as special effects are concerned.

But for consistency the best music video director has got to be

[size=18pt]DJ Tee[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Matse Uwatse Of Nigeria Info -attitude Or Professionalism? / Some Day - Angela Okorie Featuring Joe EL Amadi / Which Is Your Favourite 2face Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.