Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,119 members, 7,880,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:08 PM

Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin (614 Views)

Make A Confession Of The Most Horrible Sin You Have Ever Committed / Stephen Curry And Ayesha Curry Celebrates 6 Years Anniversary / What Did Ayesha Curry Mean We Shldnt Dress Like Thots! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:54am On Dec 07, 2015
Twitter was afire when Ayesha Curry, wife of Stephen Curry, tweeted about her style preference. Something about that tweet was subtly judgemental. Subtly.

It made it seem like she were high and mighty, on a pedestal. Some people wanted to smack her down from that pedestal. From the tweet, we deduced that she's a lady in public and a hoe dans la boudoir.

Many people had diverging views. Some people never ran out of opinions. It seemed like they drew their opinions from an opinion well that never runs dry. You could feel the ire from some of the Twitter people (tweeps). I feel their anger stemmed from the fact that she “threw shade”. In a way, she felt “holier than thou”. The moment she typed “everybody”, everybody got interested. She cooked a dish and called everybody. What did she expect? Her milkshake tweet brought everybody to the yard.

1 Share

Re: Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:55am On Dec 07, 2015
... I asked a friend’s opinion about this and she said, “What? Why is she hating on other women? Now, she is the epitome of a good, virtuous woman?”

I replied telling her that Ayesha’s tweets were personal. Anyone could have tweeted what she tweeted. In return, she told said, “She shouldn’t have tweeted that.”

“What’s her sin?” I needed to know her grouse with the tweet.

“Her sin is tweeting. She should have kept her opinion to herself. Doesn't she know that she’s not entitled to an opinion? Celebrities aren’t entitled to opinions. Her sin is tweeting. Jokes asides, why did she have to compare herself? That tweet was kinda judgy.”

Looking at her Twitter profile that reads: “Believer. Wife. Mommy. Passionate. Dual Citizen and self-proclaimed food critic... Living in my indestructible bubble of happiness...” My friend laughed while shaking her head: “Believer? She’s bigoted. I can’t handle this.”

I didn't say anything to that.

I don't care about things that don't affect me in any way. My first reaction to Ayesha’s tweet was, “who cares? How’s it my business if she likes covering up?”
Re: Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:58am On Dec 07, 2015
Honestly, I was flummoxed when I saw some people, mostly women, were whooping her Twitter derriere. It seemed Twitter Feminists,"Twiminists", had gotten irate. At first, I felt their reactions were gratuitous. Anyone could have tweeted that. I felt people had read more meaning to it. I tweeted.

"Ayesha Curry's tweet has nothing to do with anti-feminism. All she ever did was tweet about her style. It has nothing to do with anyone."

That was my first reaction. She was a woman tweeting about her style. It wasn't affecting me in anyway. It wasn't affecting other women. But, when I examined it after talking with different people, I had a rethink. "What if that tweet was in a bid for her to feel self-righteous? What if her tweet was shaming other women for their style preferences?"
Re: Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin by SunehriLasgidi(f): 8:01am On Dec 07, 2015
I read somewhere that women are the ones that enforce patriarchy in our society. How do we do this? We do this when we’re not supportive of other women.

We do this when we feel our choices, which conform with societal expectations, are better than those socially unacceptable choices made by other women.

In other words, we, women, enforce patriarchy when we look down on other women making them feel small and miserable with their choices.

I read a tweet: "Feminism is supporting a woman's right to and access to choice. It isn't allowing women to create a caste system of respectability."

I feel a woman has the right to do whatever she wants so long no one is being negatively affected.

If a woman wants to dress skimpy, it’s her prerogative.

Dressing in skimpy dresses doesn’t make a woman a slut.

Dressing in skimpy clothes is not an invitation to sex.

I should write that in italics for emphasis: Dressing in skimpy cloths is not an invitation to sex!

Saying a woman deserves to be raped for being loosely clad is like saying, a car deserves to be stolen because it’s dashing. There is no excuse for rape! None whatsoever!

A young lady tweeted: “When women realise they don't get respect no matter how classy they feel they dressed.” If we’re being honest we’d admit that women dressed in suits get sexually harassed in their offices. Most Well-dressed women will attest to that.

A woman can be clad in a hijab and still get lewd, lascivious looks from men. Hijabs and burkas do not save women from men that want to defile them. In fact, it might entice them. Curiosity is a human proclivity.

In a nutshell, Ms. Curry’s sins are listed below:

READ MORE ON: https://thefemmemedia..com.ng/2015/12/ayesha-currys-original-sin.html#more
Re: Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:09am On Dec 07, 2015
You too are jobless... Maybe high on something...

1 Like

Re: Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin by Fernandowski(m): 8:17am On Dec 07, 2015
every real basketball player got to have a good attitude
maybe Stephen curry taught that good attitude to the wife

1 Like

Re: Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 07, 2015
Now, SunerhiLasgidi just sounds like my dear dear lecturer. I'd have almost bet she was the one typing. She's got cogent points, though.
Being judgemental, in most cases, simply fuels trouble. If some ppl can't keep their opinions to themselves , then perhaps, they should learn to make it more constructive and less sanctimonious.

1 Like

Re: Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin by sigmundfreud(m): 8:46am On Dec 07, 2015
Most people bashing her must feel guilty about her comment. Why are people quick to bash someone with an opposing personal view?

1 Like

Re: Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin by SunehriLasgidi(f): 9:14am On Dec 07, 2015
Oliviaarims:
Now, SunerhiLasgidi just sounds like my dear dear lecturer. I'd have almost bet she was the one typing. She's got cogent points, though.
Being judgemental, in most cases, simply fuels trouble. If some ppl can't keep their opinions to themselves , then perhaps, they should learn to make it more constructive and less sanctimonious.

Whew! Someone gets it! Bless you!
Re: Ayesha Curry's "Original" Sin by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 07, 2015
SunehriLasgidi:

Whew! Someone gets it! Bless you!
#smiles# Bless u, too.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Shares Details Of Shower Rape Moment After The Attack To Warn Others / Ladies Can You Go Out Without Wearing Makeup? / Unbelievable Picture: Please Advice Your Confused Broster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.