Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,691 members, 7,921,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 06:48 AM

Likely Legal Issues Against Faleke In Kogi State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Likely Legal Issues Against Faleke In Kogi State (881 Views)

We Have No Issues Against Peace Corps - Civil Defence Tells Senate / We Didn’t Know Faleke In Kogi Until Audu Selected Him – Dr. Atte / Likely Legal Questions Against Emergence Of Bello As Governor Of Kogi State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Likely Legal Issues Against Faleke In Kogi State by BrBakreez(m): 9:19am On Dec 07, 2015
Now the election has come and gone in Kogi state, Faleke protested at the FHC but his action was dismissed so that the election is not stalled and the election was held with Faleke on a joint ticket with Yahaya Bello, he did not refuse to be on a joint ticket by writing letter to INEC notifying the body of his exclusion in the supplementary election so that Bello will be the only candidate without a deputy and time has elapse for him to bring in a new deputy who can inherit an already won election by the deceased former Governor when we check the result of the supplementary itself. Even if he had written such letter won't he be estopped from challenging the validity of Bello's election on the issue of locus standi when the matter gets to court? Will the receipt of any of such letter by INEC from Faleke be absolute without notice from his party of the intention of withdrawal of Faleke? Does INEC need to get such notice from the party before it is treated as a valid letter showing withdrawal of Faleke considering the fact that in our law the party present candidates for election and not vice versa? If Faleke eventually goes to court like we anticipated what
will he say he has suffered when his party eventually won
the election? Who will be the Respondent when Bello and
himself won on a joint ticket? Won't any of such action amount to approbation and reprobation in law? Can he challenge same man who participated in primary election while he did not when the law says that anyone who did not participate in primary election in a political party cannot be elected Governor in a general election? Can Idris Wada cry more than the bereaved by challenging the election of Yahaya Bello on grounds likely to be raised by Faleke without the court saying he has no locus standi? Will the Election Tribunal has
jurisdiction to hear the matter as election or post election
matter? What will be the effect of the dismissal at the
Federal High Court if the Election Tribunal says it lacks
jurisdiction? Can the Federal High Court revisit it without being functus officio or Faleke
likely go on appeal over the dismissal? These are questions
begging for answers in Kogi election. I promise you this is
just beginning of legal battle and the days ahead will be very
interesting in Kogi state.
Re: Likely Legal Issues Against Faleke In Kogi State by BrBakreez(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2015
grin
Re: Likely Legal Issues Against Faleke In Kogi State by mozel247: 9:56am On Dec 07, 2015
All this ill-informed political analyst.. Guess u didn't read interview granted by inec commissioner Amina z.. Where she acknowledged the receipt of faleke letter and insist only APC have that power to withdraw him. Before creating a thread.. Try do your homework by doing proper research
Re: Likely Legal Issues Against Faleke In Kogi State by BrBakreez(m): 10:06am On Dec 07, 2015
mozel247:
All this ill-informed political analyst.. Guess u didn't read interview granted by inec commissioner Amina z.. Where she acknowledged the receipt of faleke letter and insist only APC have that power to withdraw him. Before creating a thread.. Try do your homework by doing proper research
There are better ways of addressing issues than to abuse, I do not abuse nor like to be abused hence I like addressing everyone with utmost respect. I will appreciate if you can be much more matured in your post and subsequent post. Thank you.
Re: Likely Legal Issues Against Faleke In Kogi State by sholatech(m): 10:11am On Dec 07, 2015
Faleke is clear on his case- Inec erred by declaring the Nov election inconclusive. And that is what he will pursue in court solely.

Would have been easy to assimilate with Yahaya Bello if not that Yahaya refused to campaign for the Audu/Faleke ticket and did anti- party gathering votes for Pdp in the Nov election. Faleke knows they are not on same plane with Yahaya

2 Likes

Re: Likely Legal Issues Against Faleke In Kogi State by BrBakreez(m): 10:23am On Dec 07, 2015
sholatech:
Faleke is clear on his case- Inec erred by declaring the Nov election inconclusive. And that is what he will pursue in court solely.

Would have been easy to assimilate with Yahaya Bello if not that Yahaya refused to campaign for the Audu/Faleke ticket and did anti- party gathering votes for Pdp in the Nov election. Faleke knows they are not on same plane with Yahaya
You are very correct sir, if I am counsel to Faleke I will raise what you just raised but issues are determined on fact and law. I am not from Kogi nor do I support any of those candidate. I am just trying to raise issues that can be raised by Yahaya Bello's counsel which the court will have to determine along with all issues raised by Faleke. The court may determine the issue either way but I see law favouring Bello in this matter.
Re: Likely Legal Issues Against Faleke In Kogi State by saint047(m): 10:33am On Dec 07, 2015
Bayelsa Election: Is INEC shifting dates, to see if Gov. Dickson will die?
Nigeria has 774 local government areas.
Know your mathematics!
Q1. If INEC under President Buhari, takes 3 days to conduct election in 8 local government areas; how many days will it take this same INEC to conduct election in 774 local government areas? Solution:
8LGAs is to 3days :: 774LGAs is to Xdays ; find X, if Gov. Dickson refused to die? It implies that 1LGA = 3/8days Therefore 774LGAs === 3/8 x 774 = 290. 25 days.
INEC will use 290.25 days, approximately 10 months, to conduct a presidential election in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Kukah To buhari: Dialogue With kanu, Fellow pro-biafra activists / 10 Benefits Of Corruption Nigeria A As Case Study / VIDEO:A Teenager Slaps The Spanish Prime Minister In The Face During A Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.