Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,334 members, 7,974,420 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:22 AM

Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? (5033 Views)

Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo / We’ll Break-away With Every Part Of Biafra; IPOB Tells Buhari / Why Exactly Was GEJ Voted Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by kayo80(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
Rossikk:
op..those Igbos clamouring for Biafra are simply looking to corner the nation's oil and gas resources. They see it as 'their' oil, and regard the true SS owners as a minor inconvenience who can be bullied off the oil once Igbos get Biafra.

Long and short, it is GREED and SELFISHNESS that fuels their agitation.

Any other reason they give you is merely to deceive you. Thanks.

Hmm!
Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
LadyFiona:
Do not come at me boy. Your nightmare has nothing to do with obvious reality.

You quote says your a great woman
Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by WIZGUY69(m): 6:31pm On Dec 07, 2015
kayo80:
T[s]his may sound like a dumb question, but I really want to know; why exactly do igbo people want to break away from Nigeria?

I am asking this because the current agitator for Biafra, Nnandi Kanu, in most of his interviews is always saying that the North can't keep on enjoying their oil. And this makes me think...Is the oil for the South Easterners or for the South South people? I have asked a lot of my friends from the south south (both online and offline) and none of them is interested in leaving Nigeria and being a part of a predominantly igbo speaking Biafra.

Another reason Nnadi Kanu always gives is that Hausa/Fulani are killing Igbo people. I don't know how true that is. All I know is Boko Haram, a terror group in Northern part of Nigeria has been killing NIGERIANS of all tribes and religions.

My argument is...since Igbo people always say they are the most hardworking people in Nigeria (I think this is somewhat true, as I sold CDs and DVDs for about 8 years at a point, and the hustling spirit of igbo people in Alaba always marveled me), then why do they clamor so much for position in the government of the zoo? We all know that even if Fashola becomes the president tomorrow, it won't automatically better my life as a Yoruba man. Most politicians care solely about themselves. So, why can't Igbo people stay with Nigeria, and make their millions from all part of Nigeria as they have always done? If they break free, will they also leave all the parts of the Zoo they have their business[/s]es in?

Dude!
what's up? what's your problem?
TBH, I don't understand the correlation between a Yoruba with another tribe's agitation. Where you guys are suppose to contribute and argue, we won't see you there.
Or do you have an Igbo wife? grin tell us, so that we will know what to do.

NB : Omo Yoruba ni mi cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by mike404(m): 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
TheMascot:
ooh..that was exactly what your mum told me last night.. pls remind her for the 67th time not to forget her panties here again..
KID IM JUST GONNA IGNORE YA BLACK ASZ NOW

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by TheEclectic: 6:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
kayo80:
This may sound like a dumb question, but I really want to know; why exactly do igbo people want to break away from Nigeria?

I am asking this because the current agitator for Biafra, Nnandi Kanu, in most of his interviews is always saying that the North can't keep on enjoying their oil. And this makes me think...Is the oil for the South Easterners or for the South South people? I have asked a lot of my friends from the south south (both online and offline) and none of them is interested in leaving Nigeria and being a part of a predominantly igbo speaking Biafra.

Another reason Nnadi Kanu always gives is that Hausa/Fulani are killing Igbo people. I don't know how true that is. All I know is Boko Haram, a terror group in Northern part of Nigeria has been killing NIGERIANS of all tribes and religions.

My argument is...since Igbo people always say they are the most hardworking people in Nigeria (I think this is somewhat true, as I sold CDs and DVDs for about 8 years at a point, and the hustling spirit of igbo people in Alaba always marveled me), then why do they clamor so much for position in the government of the zoo? We all know that even if Fashola becomes the president tomorrow, it won't automatically better my life as a Yoruba man. Most politicians care solely about themselves. So, why can't Igbo people stay with Nigeria, and make their millions from all part of Nigeria as they have always done? If they break free, will they also leave all the parts of the Zoo they have their businesses in?

Why are you giving your dull head more problems? Of what business of yours it is if they want to break away?? You should be concerned on how to resuscitate nigeria when it eventually collapses after, BIAFRA, the economic prime mover the nigerian economy breaks away.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by TheMascot(m): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
LadyFiona:
Does it mean quota system should reign supreme over merit system? Most Igbos that gained admission in other parts of Nigeria do so on merit. Must we always thread on the altar of mediocrity because the northeners don't want to upgrade and compete academically.? The few northerners in the Eastern universities knows that they merited it.
hmmm..what the hell are u saying?.. is it because of admission you want to leave Nigeria?.. yes or no..in every part of the world there is catchment area..even USA.. so bros..am sorry ooh..but you are confused... and pls the oil is from ss, you guys got nothing but red sand to offer as natural resource.. don't even mention that outdated coal or the oil anambra stole from kogi
Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by TheMascot(m): 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
mike404:
KID IM JUST GONNA IGNORE YA BLACK ASZ NOW
boy..no body send you na you carry your stupidity come..to all nairalanders this is what you never should become.. peace out...cool cool cool
Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 08, 2015
TheMascot:
hmmm..what the hell are u saying?.. is it because of admission you want to leave Nigeria?.. yes or no..in every part of the world there is catchment area..even USA.. so bros..am sorry ooh..but you are confused... and pls the oil is from ss, you guys got nothing but red sand to offer as natural resource.. don't even mention that outdated coal or the oil anambra stole from kogi
Kids!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by TheMascot(m): 8:14am On Dec 08, 2015
LadyFiona:
Kids!!!
oh..another failed older generation talking..I look at the history of other countries and wonder what the hell you guys where doing then..I guess y'all where busy banging and fighting over land..
Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by Kagawa10: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2015
Duru1:

Must a country be endowed with crude oil in order to progress. I had rather have Biafra patterned toward Japan without a grain of crude oil than to moronic Nigeria with tons of barrels of crude oil. It is silly to inject the down fall of Nigeria, which is crude oil, into academic debate. Anybody who does that is an irredeemable dunce.
Yet the same ibo screamed genocide when Nigeria trapped them in their beloved landlocked region!
If the same ibo failed to provide food for his people nor money during the starvation era, not to mention that they are still busying combing every region of Nigeria to seek for their daily bread, Is it when the region is trapped again that they would turn into Japan?
Ibo no go kill pesin with laugh!
Just don't shout genocide again when this happens!
Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by Kagawa10: 9:13am On Dec 08, 2015
explorer250:

i am from oyigbo rivers state. We produce oil likewise our brother in ukwa east and west lga of abia state and we are igbo. Porthacourt belonging to ikwerres is oil producing and is also and igboland. Ohaji/egbema and oguta lga of imo state were my mum comes from are all oil producing. Anioma in delta state and aguleri in anambra state are all oil producing.
Lol!
Ikwere are no ibo! How many time do ibo wants to hear that before it sink in your head? Wike, an Ikwere man is about to immortalise Gowon, for giving them identity!
The oil in Aguleri belongs to the Igala! Fact!
There's no oil in Anioma land except some little gas deposit in Ukwuani and these people are not ibo either!
Hence, all what you stated are just imaginary hogwash with nothing to back it up!
Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by chuose: 9:18am On Dec 08, 2015
[size=14pt]WHY NIGERIANS INSULT THE IDEA OF "BIAFRA"

[/size]
Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by Kagawa10: 9:21am On Dec 08, 2015
LadyFiona:
Does it mean quota system should reign supreme over merit system? Most Igbos that gained admission in other parts of Nigeria do so on merit. Must we always thread on the altar of mediocrity because the northeners don't want to upgrade and compete academically.? The few northerners in the Eastern universities knows that they merited it.
Is this happening in iboland?
How is it your problem if other region employs quota system? Why can't ibo choose to attend the schools in their region that has no quota system?
lol! That's why people keeps laughing at this your Biafra! Ibo has no food, no economy, little oil and are busying combing other region yet they are still shouting biafra!
Re: Why Exactly Do Igbo People Want To Break Away From Nigeria? by tonychristopher: 11:50am On Dec 08, 2015
Kagawa10:

Lol!
Ikwere are no ibo! How many time do ibo wants to hear that before it sink in your head? Wike, an Ikwere man is about to immortalise Gowon, for giving them identity!
The oil in Aguleri belongs to the Igala! Fact!
There's no oil in Anioma land except some little gas deposit in Ukwuani and these people are not ibo either!
Hence, all what you stated are just imaginary hogwash with nothing to back it up!

You keep sounding like a broken record

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Official From German Government Address Biafrans In Germany / Throwback: "Abba Kyari Will Leave South East In Shame And Disgrace" - Nnamdi Ka / Tinubu Finally Knelt To Pray At Jumaat To Prove His Fitness. ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.