Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:42 AM

With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked (757 Views)

70% Of Elections Are Won By The Opposition Party -INEC / Ben-Bruce Mocked Buhari With The Age Of His Ministers(Photos) / #BayelsaDecides: APC Kicks Against INEC’s Cancellation Of Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by Levinelsonbob(m): 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
With the introduction of card readers and all the exceptional measures taken by the proffessor Atahiru Jegga lead Inec in the last concluded elections. The whole world came to his praise. But with the mode of election nuliffications today, I wonder if his performance actually had the credibility it was accorded. If nothing lessthan 7 mandates from this last elections has been nulified, what is our assurance that the excersise was free and fair?
Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by chocolateme(f): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
Who is JEGA? A rap artist?
Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by yimikaa: 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
No he's not.
Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by thunder74(m): 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
Jega was partly successful because of the leader he got. GEJ wanted to leave the legacy of free and fair election and JEGA keyed into it. The government gave the INEC, money, security, body language etc to succeed.
The present leaders problem started with the appointment of Zakari as acting Inec chair. Jega started well but spoilt it on brotherhood at a later day of his tenure
Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by queenoflafia(f): 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Orubebe will be like grin grin grin
Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by SenJoe(m): 5:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
Jega is a tribalistic citizen of this Republic.

1 Like

Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by BobNeli(m): 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
It was crystal clear Jegga was partisan from all indications. Even with the video of under aged voters in the North, Buhari's election was upheld. How can anyone say it was credible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by jamace(m): 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
INEC generally is a "post office". It accepts results as long as the result gets to its office. Just "smuggle" the result to the office. At best, she will tell you "go to court". grin grin

1 Like

Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by Levinelsonbob(m): 8:12am On Dec 08, 2015
jamace:
INEC generally is a "post office". It accepts results as long as the result gets to its office. Just "smuggle" the result to the office. At best, she will tell you "go to court". grin grin
God help, this country is a mess.
Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by OLADD: 8:51am On Dec 08, 2015
Levinelsonbob:
With the introduction of card readers and all the exceptional measures taken by the proffessor Atahiru Jegga lead Inec in the last concluded elections. The whole world came to his praise. But with the mode of election nuliffications today, I wonder if his performance actually had the credibility it was accorded. If nothing lessthan 7 mandates from this last elections has been nulified, what is our assurance that the excersise was free and fair?
Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by OLADD: 9:08am On Dec 08, 2015
Levinelsonbob:

The 2015 election conducted by Jega was one of the worst in the history of Nigeria but we all pretended as if nothing was wrong with it simply because many clamoured for a change of government. With the so-called card reader malfunctioning in most part of the country with the exception of some Northern States where Buhari got the largest chunk of his votes, less than 40% eligible voters receiving PVCs in the South and finally with an unconfirmed sizeable number of PVCs undelivered (from China) before the commencement of the polls, the exercise should have been outrightly cancelled. We should all thank Jonathan for been magnanimous to relinquish power despite Jega's glaring partisanship, compromise and connivance with APC. Anyway, that's the will of God and Nigeria has 'moved on'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by NigLasPresident: 9:10am On Dec 08, 2015
Jegaband
Re: With The Rate Of Nulifications Of Elections, I Hope Jegga Is Not Being Mocked by doctokwus: 9:54am On Dec 08, 2015
Levinelsonbob:
Jega was praised because of just one singular effort:being able to oversee d first democratic change of govt to an opposition party.But being who we are, Nigerians overlook a lot of d shortcomings and some ridiculous elections Jega conducted and inec still went to the tribunal to defend:Anambra during obi's 2nd term with several register anomalies, ekiti,delta,akwaibom severally, etc. I don't want 2 mention Rivers last election because it was the worst state election ever conducted in Nigeria's history,equalling the general election, conducted by Iwu,with widespread violence,yet Jega's inec declared the results and claimed it was credible!
I stated that if it was under Jega,the collation officer and REC of Bayelsa state wud have gone ahead to announce results from southern Ijaw,announced a winner and left the cheated party to go to the tribunal where it takes only God's grace to get justice, after having spent millions and the fraudulently declared winner having enjoyed the spoils of office for at least several months if not years.
Jega did well, but if a critical analysis of his elections, from preparation to logistics then actual voting were to be done,he wudnt come out with so much applause.
But given our peculiar standards and circumstances,let him enjoy his fame,afterall GEJ is being honored worldwide despite supervising over monumental heist,scam and ra pe of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Constructed More Roads Than Any President Ever In Nigeria - Fashola / Maritime Academy Nigeria Rector Accused Of N18bn Fraud Found Dead In Abuja / EFCC To Arraign Ex-nsa Dasuki, Shuaibu Salisu And Aminu Baba-kusa On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.