Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:43 AM

Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital (26568 Views)

"I Had Ulcer, Doctor Touched My Breasts And Vagina At A Lagos Hospital" - Lady / 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital / Burial Of Lady Who Died During Childbirth In A Lagos Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by 360metrosports: 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2015

The Women Advocates Research and Documentation Centre, WARDC, on Monday stormed the Lagos State House of Assembly demanding for a probe into the 26 October incident at the Rauf/Aregbesola Health Centre in Mosan Okunola Local Council Development Area, Alimosho area of the state that led to the death of a woman after child bearing.

The late Mrs. Omowunmi Shonuga, who was rushed at 5am to the hospital during labour but met a locked gate and obstinate health workers, who refused to admit her.

Confirming the incident on behalf of the group, its director, Dr. Abiola Akiyode-Afolabi, said the woman arrived at the hospital, where she had registered for antenatal care at 5am, but met the gates locked and without any medical attention, she gave birth in the car.

It was after she gave birth in the car that the much-needed medical attention came, but at this stage, she had lost a lot of blood.

“She was later referred to the Igando General Hospital, but encountered delays as no ambulance was available to transfer her and on arrival at Igando no bed space was available to admit her,” she said.

The group also recalled how Mrs. Obinna Nnanna died at the Lagos State General Hospital, Gbagada, after giving birth to triplets on 23 September, 2015.

In another incident also, this time, at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH, the protesters said in the petition that Mrs. Oduyoye Folake died after she was detained for three months for failure to pay her hospital bills.

The protesters said further that there were several reports of people being denied access to medical attention in hospitals in the state for failure to bring their spouses for compulsory blood donation.

Lagos State House of Assembly Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa with some lawmakers attending to the protesters

In response, the Speaker Mudashiru Obasa, while sympathising with the families of the women who lost their lives during childbirth in the hospitals in the state, said the House would invite the accused hospital in Alimosho, as well as the Executive Secretary of the Mosan Okunola LCDA over the issue.

“We will critically look at the one that happened at Rauf Aregbesola Health Care Centre, but LUTH is not under our jurisdiction. That does not mean that we do not have the right to protect the lives of the people of the state. We will write to the hospital and hear from them too,” the Speaker said.

“Those who are there are being paid from tax payers’ money. So, we have to do something about it, which is why we are here. We are representing your interest and we will continue to do that. We will look at the petition and invite the necessary people from the concerned hospitals and your representatives so that we can get to the root of the matter and bring maternal mortality to an end,” he explained.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/12/photos-women-storm-lagos-assembly-over.html

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by obinnashady(m): 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
Naija,which year are we going to develop.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by ojmaroni247(m): 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
Wat a life
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by dominique(f): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
Our public hospitals are nothing to write home about.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by damton(m): 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
Food for thought

1 Like

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by olaolulazio(m): 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
Only in Nigeria!
Bad roads!
Bad schools!
Bad hospitals!
Bad doctors!
Bad nurses!
Bad airport!
Bad seaport!
Boko haram!
Ipob!
Bad government!
Bad igbos!
Bad nairalanders!
Bad you!
Good me!

Quote me not.

13 Likes

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by adonbilivit: 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
smh...God help the less privileged.

1 Like

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by DrAdonis: 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
Oh, that woman who's story was in the news a while ago. Too bad. The news headline tho. I thought almost all the pregnant women taken to Lagos hospitals end up dead or something.

I think the government should ensure there's always a doctor on call whether during the day or at night in all government health facilities.

The problem is that the government (L.Gs) won't want to spare extra money to pay doctors in the primary health level for night calls and all. Any doctor found there at night is just doing charity work and those that go when called are also just being charitable as it's not part of what they're employed for and they could as well be working elsewhere at night. That's why those health centres rarely have a doctor at night. The uninformed populace sadly don't know about this and they keep taking their relatives there at night since they are hospitals.

And in most hospitals, blood donation during antenatal care is compulsory. That's a laudable idea IMO as it makes blood readily available if there's excessive bleeding following delivery.

6 Likes

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by ebosed: 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
Space
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by menix(m): 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
I don't advise people to visit all these Uwa Mmebi govt hospitals..

Thank God for the protest because I have believed the case had been swept under The carpet..

Some disciplinary sanctions must be taken to sound as a wake up call to other state Hospitals..

Rip madam..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by iteleaye(m): 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
Naija hospital... I know one day you will have state of the art facilities like our oyinbo counterparts

In other news, Xmas is here, treat yourself to something good... Get urself quality loafers, u can reach me thru my signature

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by Holuwakemmy16(f): 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
God in your mercy have mercy on us here in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by Adatob(m): 9:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
M jus speechless, God pls intervene
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by emmyw(m): 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
Holuwakemmy16:
God in your mercy have mercy on us here in Nigeria

He does have mercy that is why we are dying a slow and painful death and not a quick violent one
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by francoray(m): 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
Too bad, that we don't even value life anymore. Why are we like this, at least someone gave birth to those people too.
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by Adatob(m): 9:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
iteleaye:
ok
damton:
h
ebosed:
Space
DrAdonis:
m
well done
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by BruzMoney(m): 9:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ambode doesn't know what he is doing, he sha know say he dey wake up dey go office and e dey make one particular person receive alert every month. but why us? only we Boko, Rape, Ipob, Robbers, Ambode, Buhari o sumi ooh
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by hakeem4(m): 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
H
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by kennyman2000(m): 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hmmmmm...
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by odinese(m): 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
.oh sh!t...

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no joke no no no no no. No. No no joke joke no no joke no no no no joke no...
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by Lincoln275(m): 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
o ga oooo
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by cold(m): 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Sigh..sometimes being born a Nigerian feels like a hunch back

4 Likes

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Death evry where,he no go reach me n u oooo
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by Judolisco(m): 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Rip to d dead doctors don't stay In health care centers bt community health workers and nurses maybe d case of d woman was more than their power
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by techprepro(m): 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
May God HEAL our land. God talk say make we multiply but una dey make our women diviply..

Meanwhile, make una visit www.techprepro.com on how to browse UNLIMITED EVERY 3ODAYS at a very cheap price.

I think 2k per month for unlimited data is fair enough......

#God Bless Nigeria
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by harristo(m): 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
'Wicked doctors',

Or is it 'End time doctors'.

Or Maybe 'End time hospitals'.
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
WHERE WERE THE ONES LOOKING FOR THEIR GIRLS BACK AND ALIVE? STORM KO PROTEST NI
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by passionate88: 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
This government na death just dey follow am anyhow
Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by Emmanueloy(m): 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
Maternal deaths are rather pathetic. Public health workers in Lagos are mean by default! If you've never been to a Public Hopsital, you may not understand this. I've seen pregnant women lose their babies due to the carefree...no, wicked acts of the nurses and doctors there! So bad!

1 Like

Re: Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
Every fucking sector seems not to be working out in this fucking country, u don't even need to ask me how many times i do fúck, cuz d country bleeps me every seconds. When abacha dey dere we complain, baba iyabo come we complain, yar'adua try hin own, oga Gej com add salt to injury, PMB dey dere nw, we still dey complain, who are the cabals behind dis country problem gan When will dis country be like the US and UK, when all dese sufferness go finish na, we get meat, dose modafukas come dey give us bone chop, we get cloth, na rag dem dey give us. Make thunder fire all d pple wey no wan let dis country progress lagbara awon to l'aye!

Awon oloribuu undecided.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Having Manhood Challenges: Natural Solution to Erectile dysfunction (ED) & PE / #justiceforchidubem: Tina Ogbonnaya Narrates Her Side Of The Story (Video) / Lament As Pretty Lady Dies After Giving Birth To A Bouncing Baby. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.