Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,897 members, 7,909,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 12:16 AM

2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare (19901 Views)

N500b Paris Club Refund: Labour Set For Showdown With Governors / Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG / National Assembly To Buhari: Drop N500b Intervention Fund From Budget 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by witorwitoutyou(m): 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
Awon werey o ni soro nisin o

If dem c any negative news abt dis govt,Na so dem go rush d thread,YEYE ppu

5 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by kayroy5(m): 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hope you are happy now, wailing wailers club of South east?

5 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Danpotter(m): 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
Every tym Nigerians get fooled by this politicians radical talks

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Danpotter(m): 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
Every tym Nigerians get fooled by this politicians crazy talks
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by doctokwus: 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Something tells me 2016 wud be an interesting period for one to be a Nigerian.
PMB may become too powerful and popular for even nigeria's good. We need people,no matter how clueless,like Metuh and utterly repulsive like Fayose,to put him on his toes.No one honestly wants a leader nationally acclaimed and totally supported, that's the making of dictatorship and that's what some of the programs outlined by the PMB govt,from 2016,may make him too nationally beloved to become , that oppositing him may look unthinkable.

6 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by flokii: 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
at times I wonder why PMB didn't enter instead of Jonathan..

Nigerians would be living well by now..

o ba ni ko baje... Nigeria will be great again

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Massdamm(m): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
FG dy vote their 2016 budget here likewise me also wanna use thz platform to advertise my work here:::::Call 4 yhur gud and perfect P.O.P ceiling and pillar design we travel to anywhr in nigeria in other to please our customer kindly call dz number if yhu av interest in duin it 08168209781
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by thundafire: 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
drsteroid:
The Change is really here!! Recovered funds included..where are the wailers who said the President has been lieing about funds being recovered and secretly returned?Over 300billion stolen money, which is just an icing on the cake..I believe trillions of naira was really embezzled during GEJ's govt. This guys really finished our yams in d barn.

shut up there which mny dy seize Amechi,saraki,kwankwaso,tambuwal,tinubu through his cousin nd many others wer dy nt part of dy goats dat stole dy yams so dy 500billion earmarked is 2 pay dy vulnerable dts y i c u celebrating pls tell me are u among dy vulnerables
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by ajigin: 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
Good initiative
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by doctokwus: 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
flokii:

Take that back to 2007 when he was rigged out by Obj's PDP rigging machine that brought in a sick and still average Yar'Adua.By now we may have been competing with the likes of Brazil,singapore and India.
GEJ was an anomaly,so his coming shud be pardoned.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by omakay(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
These people dey take style tell us how much dem wan embezzle inside next year budget.

Fast-Forward to 4 years from now, another government in power will tell us how this present government mis-managed this very money.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Sixfootah(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
Social welfare ko Social welfare in a bartered economy!! It means money will be borrowed to finance social welfare.. When this money should have been channelled into Agriculture... #teachjihadistshowtofish

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by NovusHomo(m): 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
saracus:
I hope everyone will enjoy the welfare? undecided

Nope. Only if you are registered in school and innoculated against certain diseases. Do you see the logic? No education, no welfare.

5 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
They are still using GEJ Sure P. Association of Practicing Criminals. Bunch of Lairs.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Sixfootah(m): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
flokii:

you sound so myo!pic!! So lemme ask, where will the so called social welfare money come from, borrowing, maybe So who in his/her mind borrow for handouts...
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Btruth: 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
Thank God that I made a right choice while voting. Thank God, that within me, I'm so happy that my vote is helping to make a new change for this country. Lord, I prayed that myself and others that voted for this change will live long to witness and enjoy the good thing they've done in Jesus name.

Imagine someone that we were told did not have a secondary school certificate planning like this, compare to them that has PhD, plus one woman from world bank, but yet, nothing to show for it.

Una never see anything, "bi oro Tope (bacco)... PDP, Ee fe ee laa!"

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Sixfootah(m): 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
We know the ppl that'll go gaga over this news.. The partying tri!be and those that breed like ra!bbits... We the Igbo's don't need any govt handouts... We rada need soft loans..

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by flokii: 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Sixfootah:
you sound so myo!pic!! So lemme ask, where will the so called social welfare money come from, borrowing, maybe So who in his/her mind borrow for handouts...

you don't seem to get d point...

Nigeria is rich.. why should we borrow if not for those thieves we have as politicians

I prefer putting a Lion in charge of our treasury... let's see how those monkeys will steal..

just put all d figures that has been revealed so far plus d ones yet to be uncovered... mehnn!
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nice.

Excellent.

I wish they would also throw more light on the area of deficit. And also on the financial dimensions of the budget. Saying "the most vulnerable" leaves us with excess question marks. I am not saying that regional dimensions should be attached to the budget account heads but there should be some sort of budget pool criteria. Like, " This amount will be spent on this with the condition that the total spending in a given region will not exceed this limit.....". If not, how do we identify "the most vulnerable" and what happens if all the "most vulnerables" are in one uphill part of the country? I believe planning at the government level should be meticulously carried to this level of detail.

This is just my opinion from an academic perspective. Politically, I still have nothing to be jubilant about until I feel the impact. I've been in this country long enough know that only actions count.

Looks promising. ...

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
flokii:

Nigeria is rich.. why should we borrow if not for those thieves we have as politicians

I prefer putting a Lion in charge of our treasury... let's see how those monkeys will steal..

just put all d figures that has been revealed so far plus d ones yet to be uncovered... mehnn!

Lol... do you know USA's foreign debt ?

Every country borrows when it's strategically the best option.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Sixfootah(m): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
flokii:

pls how old are you?? "Nigeria is rich" rich selling crude oil!!! How much do you make from crude annually And how much do you need to bring your infrastructure, for example, to an appreciable standard??

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by stexsy(m): 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Recovered funds and the supporters of APC are claping, so recovered funds can only come through politicians who stole. Keep embarassing yourselves.

There is no way Buhari's govt will recover money frm any politician without making noise about it

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by jamislaw(m): 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nigeria will be great again, our enemies shall shall rot in jail.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by flokii: 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Sixfootah:
pls how old are you?? "Nigeria is rich" rich selling crude oil!!! How much do you make from crude annually And how much do you need to bring your infrastructure, for example, to an appreciable standard??

there's no point arguing with an old man like you..

keep consoling urself and your Clueless hero.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by dat9jaguy(m): 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
doctokwus:
Something tells me 2016 wud be an interesting period for one to be a Nigerian.
PMB may become too powerful and popular for even nigeria's good. We need people,no matter how clueless,like Metuh and utterly repulsive like Fayose,to put him on his toes.No one honestly wants a leader nationally acclaimed and totally supported, that's the making of dictatorship and that's what some of the programs outlined by the PMB govt,from 2016,may make him too nationally beloved to become , that oppositing him may look unthinkable.

While i support PMB wholeheartedly,your observations are totally correct.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by notmywill: 9:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
Waiting for Fayose's response to this beauty of a budget.

Could take him a while though... grin grin
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by notmywill: 9:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nice one
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
seunmsg:
How do they intend to fund the N2.2trillion budget deficit?
Why u dey ask reasonable question, u want make dem dub u enemy of progress and a wailer?
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Drversatile: 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
N108billion for subsidy between October to December 2015.

Please I need the cost of building 225,200litre capacity refinery .This subsidy money can make one to go ...
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by philips70(m): 10:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
notmywill:
Waiting for Fayose's response to this beauty of a budget.

Could take him a while though... grin grin

This is beyond Fayose's knowledge. Except they break it down to how much ponmo and ice fish the budget can guarantee.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by ThimmyWood(m): 10:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
Standing5:
Social welfare negates the federal character principle. If some 50yrs ago provision was made for the forceful representation of all LGC in governance and distribution of wealth by now nobody should be entitled to a helping hand from the FG again. I see it as a second attempt by the FG to dash out monies to almajiri. The almajiris are even opposed to education n economic growth which was the initial excuse used in starting a skewed Federal Character scheme. Buhari should focus on building a strong Nigerian society that allows people express themselves economically instead of supporting them economically.

Yes bozz!!! Although I'm not totally buying your point of view, my major concern here is that this 500bn naira can be use to generate and redistribute wealth through the provision of sustainable employment for the populace and not just giving them money on a platter of gold....
Teach people how to fish don't give them fish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supreme Court Commences Hearing Of Appeals By Rivers APC Factions / Kwara 2023: Saraki’s Camp In Comeback Bid / Applause As President Tinubu Arrives Germany For G20 'Compact With Africa'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.