Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,400 members, 7,971,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:10 AM

Online Payment Solution. Which One Is Better? Please Advice - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Online Payment Solution. Which One Is Better? Please Advice (732 Views)

Paga Launches Payment Solution For Businesses / Best NG Online Payment Solution / What Do We Really Want In An Online Payment Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Payment Solution. Which One Is Better? Please Advice by dammygold: 10:42am On Jun 02, 2009
I have a product specifically for nigerian market and to be sold online. I don't have nigerian bank account because I currently live abroad. The only choice i think i have is to collect via paypal. I am eligible to use paypal because of the country of residence.

My question is, is it okay to use paypal to collect payment from my customers from Naija? Or is there a better and preferred solution to this and especially for someone like me who don't have an account yet in nigeria. Please advice.
Re: Online Payment Solution. Which One Is Better? Please Advice by dammygold: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2009
what is your opinion of Alertpay? Has anyone used this service?
Re: Online Payment Solution. Which One Is Better? Please Advice by manny4life(m): 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2009
dammygold:

I have a product specifically for nigerian market and to be sold online. I don't have nigerian bank account because I currently live abroad. The only choice i think i have is to collect via paypal. I am eligible to use paypal because of the country of residence.

My question is, is it okay to use paypal to collect payment from my customers from Naija? Or is there a better and preferred solution to this and especially for someone like me who don't have an account yet in nigeria. Please advice.

As much as you want to collect payment in Naira, sadly enough PayPal does not support Nigerian currency on their. Oops sorry sad

dammygold:

what is your opinion of Alertpay? Has anyone used this service?

Although I haven't used the service though, but its similar to that of PayPal. Just check to see if they accept Naira currency.
Re: Online Payment Solution. Which One Is Better? Please Advice by labiyemmy(m): 3:58am On Jun 21, 2009
For anyone to have a paypal account, he/she needs a foreign bank account, so, if you are targeting the Nigerian market, be sure noone will buy with paypal cos they cant register with paypal.
Re: Online Payment Solution. Which One Is Better? Please Advice by NAIJAVOICE(m): 6:11am On Jun 21, 2009
Even though paypal is the largest payment processor on the internet, it has some limitation like some country not allowing to register e.g nigeria, pakistan etc.
You can adopt it if you intend to sell your product to the internal community but no one will be able to buy it fron maija.
my advice is for you to adopt 2-3 payment procrssor like alertpay,credit card.
Re: Online Payment Solution. Which One Is Better? Please Advice by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 21, 2009
my brother forget paypal since you are targeting Nigerians i will recommend this online payments Alertpay, libertyreserve, graphcard and VTN
Re: Online Payment Solution. Which One Is Better? Please Advice by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 21, 2009
my brother forget paypal since you are targeting Nigerians i will recommend this online payments Alertpay, libertyreserve, graphcard and VTN

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Sites / Help --- Php Errors / Multilinks Modem Xplosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.