Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,877 members, 7,945,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:07 AM

What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing (1569 Views)

Full Text Of Army's Press Briefing On How Exercise Python Dance Happened / Shehu Sani, Suleiman Hunkuyi & Journalist Attacked During Press Briefing (Pics) / Amina Mohammed Makes Her First Press Engagement As UN Deputy Secretary General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by eazydon(m): 9:18am On Dec 09, 2015
SHAMELESS MAN
Reading some aspects of Tunde Fashola's press conference today on how he intends to run the Power, Works and Housing Ministries under his tenure as Minister, one thing stuck out and I shook my head. I have been shaking my head since.

Fashola said his focus on roads is to complete those already at some level of completion by THE PAST GOVERNMENT (THE PDP).
According to him, 200 road contracts which have been on hold will be revitalised next year which would create about 20,000 jobs.

Me: So that means you guys knew that GEJ was right when he said just through road construction alone which his administration embarked on and completed 25,000 kilometres of roads, he created over 100,000 jobs for the unemployed.

“We have more power generation than is been transmitted. The Transmission Company of Nigeria says it has 142 transmission projects on-going; 45 of them at 50% completion, 22 of them can be completed within a year. This will improve power. ''

Me: So Fashola and the present FG agrees that the past government PERFORMED appreciably in the power sector!

So, why then was the APC lying so much that the PDP Government did nothing in 16 years or that GEJ did nothing? Lying Liars, these people.

At least, Fashola inadvertently has admitted that his predecessors worked and he must carry on from there to finish the projects. May God give him the grace to finish. But for those who lied about the achievements of the others before them, demonizing them just for cheap points, May God...
No. Let me go traditional and African just as our forefathers did. May the gods bend their necks. - Charles Novia

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by Kyase(m): 9:22am On Dec 09, 2015
Another Biafra, what concerns you with Nigeria.
Leave us to shake our heads.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by rhymestech: 9:26am On Dec 09, 2015
Kyase:
Another Biafra, what concerns you with Nigeria.
Leave us to shake our heads.

GBAM!!!!

8 Likes

Re: What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by mandarin: 9:29am On Dec 09, 2015
You care less about what governance is all about.Performance is assessed based on available resources, capacity building and continuity plan. If a regime fails on all three, you can fault its performance.
GEJ govt had resources, alot of it, failed in delivering on infrastructural developments and also has been alleged to have squandered more than what he put into governance. Haven't you been complaining a out bad roads and poor electricity?
We must admit that given the time frame, any roads should be concluded before 2015. One thing you failed to notice was the number of contracts awarded vis a vis the budgetary allocation, it didn't just correlate, that wad an abysmal failure

9 Likes

Re: What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by Kyase(m): 9:34am On Dec 09, 2015
rhymestech:

GBAM!!!!
cool
These guys go dey take PCM for our headache
Re: What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by sirmarry(m): 9:50am On Dec 09, 2015
OP.... wld u rather d new government leaves d unfinished projects of the past government?
Re: What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by babyfaceafrica: 9:52am On Dec 09, 2015
This OP sef....
Re: What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by Kyase(m): 10:04am On Dec 09, 2015
PAINGAIN:
talk about double standards from d yorrrobars. Everyday u people jump into any thread that's biafra/igbo related and talk trash all day. Tell me, are Yorubas going to be part of biafra? Why can't u mofos leave us alone? I must say u are d ones drinking phensic for another person matter.
Nonsense, as long as you use nairaland which belongs to Nigeria we will keep jumping.
Shey una open biafraudland?
Between I aren't yorruba

4 Likes

Re: What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by Kyase(m): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2015
banki:

Your on nairaland...
Owned by oluseun osewa...
Thanks for letting him know
Re: What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by chudionu58(f): 10:51am On Dec 09, 2015
As expected, non of APC goats were able to factually you!.....Deceptive party.
Re: What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 09, 2015
banki:

Your on nairaland...
Owned by oluseun osewa...

Bro you are too much..
Re: What I Learned From Fashola's First Press Briefing by 9jatriot(m): 10:58am On Dec 09, 2015
If you had read Fashola's statement, you would have seen where he said the budget for road construction for 2015 was 18billion out of which only 13billion was disburse and that the total amount owed contractors is at least 1trillion. Look at the budgeted amount against the amount owed and tell me that the previous government was serious about the so called road construction.

Least we forget, if they really constructed roads in the 5yrs, how come u guys complain that roads are still bad or did they suddenly become bad in 6 months? why did Ruben Agbati have to go and claim a road built in Cameroon as part of the roads under Jonathan when he could not get a picture in Nigeria to use??

Una think say we don forget?

chudionu58:
As expected, non of APC goats were able to factually you!.....Deceptive party.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Exposed: 2016 Budget Doctored In Abuja Hotel -Pilots Newspaper / Biafra: IPOB, Family Members Disown Kanu’s Wife On Change Of Lawyer / Oil rises, Russia Says Saudi Has Proposed Output Cuts, Saudi Denies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.