Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,677 members, 7,951,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

An Honourable Prophet At Home - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Honourable Prophet At Home (1736 Views)

Meet The Cat Lady Who Lives With 1000 Cats At Home / Married In School, Single At Home / Breaking: Sug, University Of Nigeria, Embark On A 1-week Sit At Home Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Honourable Prophet At Home by Adura4real(m): 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
An Honourable Prophet at Home
Everything that I have become is through the grace of God…. Prophet Stephen Grace Oladejo
By Oluwagbohunmi Aduralere

Karl Marx, one of the intelligent philosophers that ever lived, painstakingly examined all the historical epochs from creation to the post-industrial society, and at the historical circumstances that propelled or compelled people to make a difference and concluded that; “Men make history, but they do not make it under the circumstances chosen by themselves, but under circumstances directly encountered, given and transmitted from the past”.
In order words, a clear understanding of past events will explain to us in vivid terms why things are the way they are now and the shape they will take in the future. How men became giants in an attempt to be a solution to their contemporary challenges and how circumstances and God’s grace turned ordinary men into an extra ordinary being. Indeed, men do not just make history, it is the circumstances that they find themselves that turn them to history maker.
However, one has to be on the right track in order to make a difference. If you are on the right track and you journey with God in fulfilling your mandate, there is an absolute assurance that your track will lead to great and beautiful destinations. In this sense, the immortal words of Frantz Fanon provide an undeniable insight, when he asserts that ‘a generation must discover its mission or betray it”. No one can deny the fact that historical books are filled with the success stories of giants of history; those who dare to dream; men and women who are far ahead of their times; and those who through strong determination and God’s grace attained seemingly impossible heights.
The iconic story of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola who discovered his mission on earth and fulfilled his mandate by liberating his generation from the iron cage of idolatry is an exemplary revelation of how grace and circumstances turn ordinary men into giants.
In this piece, I am going to focus on the exciting story of one of the spiritual sons of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola, an honourable prophet at home; Pastor Stephen Grace Oladejo a.k.a Baba Oore Ofe, the Founder of C.A.C Hopeful Generation, Ado Ekiti. A man who has made an indelible prints on the sands of time. An evangelist with many parts; a Prophet, Musician, an Artist, and a Prayer warrior. His ministries have produced living testimonies and his church has become a solace to those who are looking unto God for one thing or the other. Of course, one will be amazed as to how a man of God has managed to do glorious things in his homeland in clear contradiction to what Luke chapter 4 verse 24 says where Jesus Christ affirms, “truly I tell you, no prophet is accepted in his hometown”.
Born in Odo, a subset of Ado Ekiti, in Ekiti state about four decades ago. He attended C.A.C Primary School, Ajiosun and Mary Hill Boys High School Ado Ekiti respectively. He proceeded to C.A.C Seminary Ile-Ife where God told him not to continue but go for tutelage where he spent seven years. He started his ministry with few members at Ori Oke Agric Olope and later established a small-wooden Church at Egbawa quarters, Ado Ekiti. Within ten years, his ministry has produced five different branches across different States of the federation. The small-wooden Church at Egbewa quarters within ten years has become a magnificent edifice with an aesthetically decorated altar where hundreds of people gather from time to time to receive their healings and deliverance.
Like some other great men in history, Prophet Oladejo also had his fair share in hooliganism and trouble making. At a point, he was gaining momentum and confidence on how to become a renowned trouble maker before he met the Lord. But today, the ‘rugged boy’ of yester-years is preaching the gospel across the federation with thousands of souls submitting to the power of God in his life. His story is similar to many who have risen from grass to grace. From being a clog in the wheel of societal progress to that of a mover and shaker of history. The generational pilots that weathered so many storms in their lifetimes to make the world a safer place. Those whose names and works do not require monuments to keep their memories alive.
When asked how his life was transformed, the young, energetic and ebullient preacher believes that any life that is going to be transformed will be so either through education or revelation. The only thing that makes people spiritual is the revelation of God. It takes revelation for you to be distinct. It is this revelation that will make way for you. In his words, ‘I went to Aramoko in 1994 after my SSCE, but due to the grace of God that I have received under the present Pastor in charge of CAC English chapel pastor omowaye and with the little zeal that I have, I participated in a revival in Aromoko and it was during the course of my stay in Aromoko that Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola appeared to me and said that ‘this mandate must not die’.
Not having enough information about the apostle that appeared to him. He decided to visit all the mountains of prayers established by Ayo Babalola and his home town in Odo Owa where he saw a lot of mysterious things. It was at this point that he said that ‘how could people forget a man like this’? According to him, on getting back to Ado Ekiti, he saw an inscription along Fajuyi pack that states ‘when you celebrate a hero your path would not be forgotten’. That motivation led me to the celebration of Babalola on a yearly basis in a peculiar way, he stated.
“Since the time I have started celebrating it, I have witnessed an unusual presence of God; miracles started happening to the extent that people are now saying that we are using ‘charms’ to perform miracles. The fact that we celebrate him, we have seen and experienced God’s presence in a way too visible to deny”.
A positive minded person who only sees challenges as preconditions necessary for attaining greatness affirmed that “challenges are what make men great, there are no great men, but there are ordinary men with great grace. It takes the grace of God to become great because what we face in life is not what we instituted by ourselves. All what we face in life are the reality to bring out in us the hidden potential of God in our lives. Call it challenges, but that is what make people great because there is no great man that you see today without tough past”.
Despite hundreds of great testimonies God has performed through him, and in contrast to the men of God who usually boost in the miracle of God as if they are the ‘miracle workers’, pride is not known in his response! When asked about his greatest testimony his response was that ‘the people of the world are so freak about testimonies, the people that give us real joy are the people that really give their lives to Christ, so the greatest miracle that I will ever and forever say is the miracle of salvation. In as much as the wire is connected to the source, God will continue to manifest. The dead that was raised, the blinds that received their sights and every other miracles God has performed through our ministry are mere manifestation but the greatest testimony is the testimony of salvation”, he affirmed.
A man who strongly believe that when you fail with men, you cannot fail with God. This confidence in the unfailing power of God and grace are the essential components of his astonishing story. When asked about his turning point, his response further revealed that grace and good relationship with God are the reasons behind his success story. “When I discovered the grace of God, I arrived at a single conclusion that it is not by power, nor by my might but by the spirit of God. We have done so many things in the past with our might, effort and struggle, just to make an impact. We invested money in revival in order to convince people but these days, I just discover that when we have a good relationship with God, he will just prove himself to people. It has become the easiest means to make God deliver answers to our requests”.
While sharing his experience on how God raised a dead body in his church he said “I remember a revival where we prayed, fasted and I said dead must be raised even though I do not have dead body anywhere or anybody to be killed and raised but I just believe that dead must be raised in that revival, the first day nothing happens, second day nothing again, and the third day, I just decide to eat and that day, a dead person was brought and God intervened in that crusade and the dead body received life”.
But how could a prophet has so much honour at home? His response was also simple. “It is God that gives honour. Thousands of honourable in this land could not retain their honour because of its carnality. But kudos to God and the Holy Spirit, who created us, who ordained us, and who empowered us as an indigenous prophet to have an undeniable impact and landmark achievement in this town of ours, Ado Ekiti. That is the secret behind Baba Oore-Ofe. Most people thought that I have a child or daughter that bears Oore-Ofe, no, the kind of grace that we receive from God is a fatherly grace, ‘Baba ninu Oore ofe’. I sat dawn and asked myself; why would Jesus said that a prophet has no honour in his home is because he can be traced to his foundation; people that knows you when you are young, people that knows your weaknesses, people that knows so much about you, I even went to Lagos but the Lord said to me that I should go back home, and he promised me that his grace will be sufficient for me”.
He believes that God decided to make him honourable at home because he is the first person to openly celebrate the grace of God. In his words “ever since I was born, I have never heard it where someone celebrates God’s grace. Some people says they have found mercy, they have found God’s love but I have not seen people who says they have found grace, and in this regard, I am the first person to say I found the grace of God. Everything we are saying is by God’s grace not by our power. People don’t celebrate grace, but I want to convince people, that if I don’t have anointing, power or anything else, I have the grace of God. What can position me ahead of merit; what can give voice in the land of voiceless people and what gives me light where people are blind, and what gives me testimonies when people are dying. I can only trace my life to the grace of God. Everything that I have become is through the grace of God”, he affirmed.
While everyone prays to be successful, but managing success is more tasking than becoming successful. On how he has been able to manage success, he said ‘ God told me to always cut my wings, so each time that I give out cars or anything, it is not because I have so much, it is a way of cutting my wings’.
With more than half of the world’s population surfing the internet and all its negative consequences on the youth and marital life, Prophet Oladejo advised the young ones not to spend so much time on the space because whatever you give your time to will rule your life. An English man says, those who waste time waste life. He said “claiming to love someone you met on social media is a way of enslaving your own conscience. If some people could invent a phone, called it Blackberry and sold it to black people just to ‘bury’ their integrity and destiny; it is a jet age, but you don’t need to be fooled for technology. God created us to rule over the world, but indirectly, social media is ruling over us but it is advisable to use it for positive things; for good news and to interact with information and people that can have a positive impact on our lives. Youth should be mindful of the information they consume because it can give them a crisis of health”, he said.
But, can we consider the emergence of Prophet Stephen Oladejo-our own mover and shaker of history of the day from the historical circumstances that produced giants of history as an isolated happenstance? As the opening quote from Karl Marx suggested ‘Men make history, but they do not make it under the circumstances chosen by themselves, but under the circumstances directly encountered, given and transmitted from the past”. At every historical epoch, God almighty in his infinite mercy has always sent ‘messiah’ that will liberate the world from their prevailing circumstance. At a time when all hopes were lost in the history of mankind, when men were separated from their creator and the communication channel between heaven and earth was broken, the almighty God in his infinite mercy sent his only begotten son to come and redeem the world. The emergence of Jesus Christ puts an end to the impending doom that would have put humanity and history into a pitiable end. The story of Apostle Ayodele Babalola was also an exemplary messiah that liberated Africa from the reigning and ruling paradigm of darkness that was ravaging the ‘dark continent’.
As at 1900, there were only 9 million Christians in Africa. Today, there are more than 400million Christians on the continent. It was even claimed within the religious circle that only one or two people were going to heaven prior to the emergence of Ayodele Babalola. Today, the revival of 1930 that lasted till early 60s lightened all the spheres of Africa’s economy. From Ghana to Kenya; and from education to religion, the black race experienced unimaginable breakthroughs that were too difficult to explain. It was between these periods that the likes of Awolowo, Azikwe and others fought ‘successfully’ for the political liberation of the country. The success in the political sphere cannot be separated from the prayer and presence of God in the midst of men. The Ekitis (where Babalola spent most of his years) received an ‘unexplainable’ grace in the educational sector. It was during this time that Ekiti Scholars were making waves and setting records across the institutions in the world. The angels descended from the heavens and blessed them with brains and wisdoms that made them excelled in all their endeavours.
The forty-five minutes interview was inspiring. The people who came to see him for counselling also received inspiration from his responses. Considering the large crowd that were waiting to see him, I had to conclude my interview to give them the much awaited time so that they can see ‘Baba Oore Ofe’ but just before I left his expansive office where a TV channel was rightly positioned and tuned to a station where life-transforming messages were coming for those awaiting counselling , I asked him where he would be in the next ten years and he said, “ I believe in moving across the world, while the white men came to preach to us, it is the right time for black to preach to them. We have black evangelists that are already doing it”.
This response excited me so much. I am happy because he has the vision of spreading the light to the Western world. I am happy because my spirit tells me that God in his infinite mercy has once again remember humanity. The whole world and Western nation in particular, is indeed, a thirsty land that is in dire need of a living water. With churches turning into disco houses, and morality giving way to modernity. Only a man with an apostolic anointing can indeed liberate the dying soul of the modern world. A world that punishes men of God for refusing to conduct ‘holy’ matrimony between a man and tree, or between two males or females.
Europe that used to be the pillar of religious enlightenment has tragically turned into a ‘dark continent’ where immorality has resumed in its official capacity as the Sole Administrator of the State. A paradise that once housed world greatest evangelists. When one looks at how the small-wooden church has transformed into a big edifice within the space of ten years, with the grace of God upon his life, the next ten years is indeed, a promising one for the Western world. The whole world is about to experience a new world order. A spiritual revolution that will alter the course of history. I believe so much in the reality of his dream because, as Eleanor Roosevelt reminds us; ‘the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams”.
I believe in the beauty of my dream and my unalterable destiny. What about you?

Re: An Honourable Prophet At Home by ayinde2ade(m): 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
undecided wic kind of sign is he showin' us in the 1st pic
Re: An Honourable Prophet At Home by abbeyty(m): 11:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ojo payo

(1) (Reply)

Change Of Course In Uniuyo..i Have Questions / Friends Needed In Enugu State / Latest Absu News! See Absu Cut-off Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.