Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,009 members, 7,922,437 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 07:27 AM

Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! (1046 Views)

Poll: Who is better in governance?

Governor Raji Fashola: 100% (7 votes)
President Umar musa Yar'Adua: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

7 Igbos Who Could Be President Come 2019 / Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by skillero(m): 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2009
In the light of the present confused state of President Yar'adua; I have started dreaming of seeing Govenor Raji fashola as Nigeria's president Now!!!
We need more of serious action than unnecessary branding and propaganda about the seven point agenda!
Seriously speaking between the two of them I think Fashola would have impactedmore on Nigeria!
what do you think?

Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2009
Fashola would have been perfect for the job but sadly, the yorubas have to wait till 2047 for their next turn and I wonder how old Fashola will be then
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2009
Topic.
Fasola wld be okay!
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by moneygurl: 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2009
What is up with all this Fashola for president or fashola vs Yar'adua topic. Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 02, 2009
rubish poll

if you want an honest result include a third option as 'NONE OF THE ABOVE'
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by skillero(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2009
hmmmn
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2009
skillero:

In the light of the present confused state of President Yar'adua; I have started dreaming of seeing Govenor Raji fashola as Nigeria's president Now!!!
We need more of serious action than unnecessary branding and propaganda about the seven point agenda!
Seriously speaking between the two of them I think Fashola would have impactedmore on Nigeria!
what do you think?

You think anyone will let a Yoruba man within a mile of Aso rock so soon after the OBJ fiasco?  guy put on your thinking cap. Maybe you wanted to type 'Lamido Sanusi as president come 2011'
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by walata44(m): 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2009
Fashola would have been perfect for the job but sadly,
the yorubas have to wait till 2047 for their next turn and I wonder how old Fashola will be then  

Is that in Nigeria constitution or PDP constitution? don't full yourself, Nigerian want good governance not your tribal sentiment. I bet you, the streets of Kastina state is paved with gold right now cheesy
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by beystwin: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2009
Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011. Sure! why not. wink
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by walata44(m): 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2009
You think anyone will let a Yoruba man within a mile of Aso rock so soon after the OBJ fiasco? guy put on your thinking cap. Maybe you wanted to type 'Lamido Sanusi as president come 2011'

PDP have succeeds in making you guys think Nigeria is one party state. Remember we have 50 political parties and still counting, for crying out loud rotational presidency is meant for choosing mediocre leader like Yaradull!!!!!
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by Bariga1(f): 2:01pm On Jun 11, 2009
The problem is that we know the truth but we keep chasing our shadow. Has Fashola finished turning Lagos into a Mega City? I will admit that while in Lagos last month I notice some positive changes, but has he done enough in Lagos State to be branded the “messiah” for Nigeria ? We need to be talking about how this Governor will get a second term ticket in Lagos State, because some people are not happy with the positive changes taking place in Lagos State and he is not in his “godfather’s” good books.

My humble opinion is that Nigeria either needs a revolution (we start all over again because we have missed the plot this time), a set of conscientious young military boys who will kill all those past leaders and imbibe fear of breaking the law into Nigerians (they must be people who are ready to kill their own family if that is what it takes) or the colonial masters comes back and rule us again. It might sound crude!!!! But it is the truth, we are not ready for DEMOCRACY YET, people see it as an easy way to make money.

Within the last ten years, has things become better or worse for the common man? Nigerians are currently hoping against hope that God will change things and the churches are helping them pander to such madness.

Why is it that when Nigerians come over here in London, they are able to build their career and contribute to the economy? What happened to the former EFCC Chairman that was fingering thieves in high places? Do you think that people get to power because of their intellect and ability to rule? Na yam to become president for Nigeria? What happened to the lady of dignity who came to take the post of finance minister?

Regardless of who is president, the problem will still continue because the few people ruling the country have created a structure for themselves which first needs to be broken down before the country can move forward.

Ten years time we will still be talking no action if none of my recommendations are taken on board.

I rest my case!!!!
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2009
How many more threads like this, on much the same issue, do we need on here for crying out loud?
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by dammytosh: 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2009
Fashola For Presidency is a JOKE at least for now.

I know the political structure of Nigeria will never allow Fashola to contest for presidency when his God Father Tinubu is still alive and active.

Can we please allow this guy to concentrate on his work ? Lagos is a center of excellence even if a dummy rules, Lagos will still be Lagos.

Marwa, Tinubu etc and most past Lagos state Governors both military and civillians were all praised during their tenure too. (From the time Mobolaji johnson took over in 1967 till the time Tinubu left office in 2007)

The fact is that Lagos is working. smiley and Eko e le boje smiley
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by bombay: 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2009
You guys should stop fooling yourselves it is turn by turn after Yar dull has finished his term it will be the turn of the East so stop dreaming up something that is impossible.
Typical owambe mentality.
The next yoruba president will be in the next 30yrs or else na katata go happen.
Think with your brain not your @@@
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2009
Bariga1:

The problem is that we know the truth but we keep chasing our shadow. Has Fashola finished turning Lagos into a Mega City? I will admit that while in Lagos last month I notice some positive changes, but has he done enough in Lagos State to be branded the “messiah” for Nigeria ? We need to be talking about how this Governor will get a second term ticket in Lagos State, because some people are not happy with the positive changes taking place in Lagos State and he is not in his “godfather’s” good books.

My humble opinion is that Nigeria either needs a revolution (we start all over again because we have missed the plot this time), a set of conscientious young military boys who will kill all those past leaders and imbibe fear of breaking the law into Nigerians (they must be people who are ready to kill their own family if that is what it takes) or the colonial masters comes back and rule us again. It might sound crude!!!! But it is the truth, we are not ready for DEMOCRACY YET, people see it as an easy way to make money.

Within the last ten years, has things become better or worse for the common man? Nigerians are currently hoping against hope that God will change things and the churches are helping them pander to such madness.

Why is it that when Nigerians come over here in London, they are able to build their career and contribute to the economy? What happened to the former EFCC Chairman that was fingering thieves in high places? Do you think that people get to power because of their intellect and ability to rule? Na yam to become president for Nigeria? What happened to the lady of dignity who came to take the post of finance minister?

Regardless of who is president, the problem will still continue because the few people ruling the country have created a structure for themselves which first needs to be broken down before the country can move forward.

Ten years time we will still be talking no action if none of my recommendations are taken on board.

I rest my case!!!!

what a load of bullshit you've just vomited all over this thread. you think through your ass, right?
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by RichyBlacK(m): 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2009
Why should Fashola wait? Because he's Yoruba? Nonsense!

I will vote for Fashola a million times before even considering that slowpoke currently in Aso Rock.
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by KnowAll(m): 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2009
I will vote for Fashola a million times before even considering that slowpoke currently in Aso Rock.

Is not right to call your president slowpoke. I am sure you went to school, and I am sure you will not call an unreasonable uncle of yours an slowpoke. You dont like his style of governance, fair enough, but to call him an slowpoke is totally wrong, if he were an slowpoke as you rightly say he will not get to where he is.
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by namun(f): 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2009
he has given exemplary leadership. he deserves the right to lead the country. just imagine if he is allowed to replicate the astronomical development of lagos state in other parts of the country
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by Ijawman(m): 10:20pm On Jun 15, 2009
Yorubas will have to wait, Fasola or no Fasola. There are many untested Fasolas among the Niger Deltans (ND) and Igbos, either group of which MUST produce the next president after Yaradua. God will Keep Fasola alive till the next Yoruba turn so he will automatically be the Yoruba candidate, seeing that apart from him, there is really no other Yoruba who is capable/competent and not corrupt (I do not know if Fasola is not corrupt; we just have to wait and see). So far, all Yoruba leaders in national limelight have unfortunately, proven to be acutely corrupt and chronically incompetent.

Let's face it, PDP or not, I do not see any right think ND or Igbo voting for a Yoruba so soon. Quota system is still alive and kicking in Nigeria, remember.
Re: Raji Fashola As The President Come 2011! by beecomrich: 10:50pm On Jun 15, 2009
You are funny igboman pretending to be ijawman. Only PDP want turn by turn. It is unconstitutional. The yorubas would not want. get that into your head. There can not be turn by turn. We are 3 or 4 time the population of the igbos. so how do we take turn by turn with them. Never may brother.

That we are calling to move the yoruba, edo, delta and bayelsa into benin republic now. You are going to have a problem. This is the only solution.

(1) (Reply)

Fg Disowns Lukman Over Petroleum Varsity, Effurun …says No Plan To Move It To Ka / . / Tolulope Ibukun Wins Asmaf Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.