Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,855 members, 7,899,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:27 AM

4 - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 4 (755 Views)

A Curious Uruguayan Tradition: The Mate / Uruguayan Culture: The Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 by MrBenSun: 9:57am On Dec 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: 4 by Cholls(m): 10:06am On Dec 10, 2015
My brother na you sabi.
Re: 4 by YorubaWoman: 10:09am On Dec 10, 2015
What's the point exactlyundecided

1 Like

Re: 4 by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2015
MrBenSun:
A typical Yoruba person would expect you to greet him first. And when you do, and you come back to the same spot he/she is after an hour, he/she expects you to greet again, as though your entire existence is centered on him/her...like you don't have other things going on in your life. If he/she is older, even if it's with a year or two, he/she expects you to acknowledge with some genuflection.

Engage a Yoruba in a heated conversation & he'll be quick to play you the 'I'm older than you' card. I be like 'is that all you've got? Don't you have other trump cards like maybe...common sense?'. I'd like to know if it's a general thing or I'm just assuming

PS: Before y'all crucify me, I'm Yoruba too & this doesn't apply to ALL Yorubas.

Its so unfortunate and hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: 4 by MrBenSun: 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
F22RAPTOR:
Its so unfortunate and hypocritical.

I'm airing my opinion, bro.

(1) (Reply)

Zebra Crossing Day / Suppose We Have Just ONE Month In a Year? / Why Do People Who Drown In The Beach Waters Get Buried On The Beach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.