Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,542 members, 7,929,759 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 09:55 PM

‘sanusi Will Revolutionise Nigeria’s Financial Sector’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘sanusi Will Revolutionise Nigeria’s Financial Sector’ (661 Views)

Danger Looms In Nigeria’s Financial Sector - Soludo / If The Recent Speculations In The Financial Sector Is Anything To Go By, Then Students Do Better Sta / I Am Impressed By Igbo Women In The Global Financial Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘sanusi Will Revolutionise Nigeria’s Financial Sector’ by moneygurl: 12:22am On Jun 03, 2009
Experts in the country’s financial sector have passed vote of confidence on the newly nominated Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Former minister of finance Kalu Idika Kalu described the appointment of Sanusiu Lamido Aminu Sanusi as revolutionary in the nation’s financial sector.

He said with his experience from First Bank of Nigeria and connection around the world, Sanusi would take the CBN to next level and he can handle the job effectively.

Kalu, however urged the new governor to be very pro-active in mobilising resources particularly on agriculture, adding that the apex bank should ensure that other banks participate in the disbursement of agricultural fund so that the impact would be country wise

“He should also take cognisance on the management of exchange and interest rates so that the economy can grow as far as possible. In a situation where there are large volume of idle resources, growth is very important than stability. You cannot focus on stability when there is no growth. It is the output of the growth that produces stability for the economy”, Kalu said

Also, Opeyemi Agbaje, a director of Lagos Business School and Chief executive officer, Resources and Trust Company Limited described Lamido Sanusi as a “very well qualified to be the Governor of the Central Bank”.

He is also well-equipped for the financial sector supervision aspects of the job given his role as a risk manager in UBA and First Bank, he said

“Most importantly he has the right integrity and values which will make it difficult for him to be corrupted in that office. He should be able to maintain the regulatory independence and ethics required to succeed as CBN Governor. As he takes office, he will inherit several short and medium term challenges which I believe he is able to handle”, Agbaje said.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=530:sanusi-will-revolutionise-nigerias-financial-sector&catid=26:business&Itemid=111

If he gets confirmed, we will see if he lives up to the hype. For the good of the country, I hope he does. I Just want Nigeria banks to start reporting using the international standards. Out of 23 banks (i think) only 4 or 5 report using the international standard, By the was his bank First bank started reporting in the international standard two months ago after joining the company in January.

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Kill 10 In Anambra / Elected Leaders Are Servants And Not Bosses. Powell Tell Umaru Musa Yar’adua’s / Human Rights: Hrw Scores Yar’adua Govt Low

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.