Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,096 members, 7,949,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:59 PM

An Open Letter To The Vc Of The Lagos State University By An Aspirant - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To The Vc Of The Lagos State University By An Aspirant (677 Views)

ICPC Arraigns VC Of Richmond Open University With Secondary School Certificate / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) / Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To The Vc Of The Lagos State University By An Aspirant by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2015
10th December 2015,

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE V.C OF THE LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY:
PROF. FIDELIS OLISAMEDUA NJOKANMA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The principle of writing this letter is just to show our cynical mind to you, particularly we aspirants that did not choose LASU as 1st choice in jamb 2015 but obtained the Post Jamb form just because they invited us.

Education in Nigeria has twisted to another thing entirely, nowadays if you don’t have long leg (connection) seriously you should forget about admission, is that how it supposed to be? So the poor can no more secure admission again??

I remember vibrantly me like an applicant, when the post UTME form of the Lagos State University was out, it was affirmed that “Also aspirants that did not choose LASU as their most preferable institution in Jamb 2015 can also obtained the form”. Despite the fact that Prof. Fidelis Olisamedua Njokanma wasn’t the acting VC then but I assume He should have been told of every actions and activities taking by the former VC.

Since they know they won’t grant us admission, why did they invite us? Why did they just waste our time? Our money? To renovate senate building or celebrate the depart of the former VC?? Did they just wasted Our brain? Our energy, even our opportunity of gaining admission into another institution? The institution just turned us down and put our mind in an incredulous mood without any update about us, and is that how it supposed to be?
Me like an aspirant I choose The Federal University Oye Ekiti (FUOYE) as my 1st choice in Jamb, But when LASU released their POST UTME form, I saw it as an additional opportunity to secure admission this year, because it was stated that candidates that didn’t choose them in jamb can also obtained the form, but later when (FUOYE) post UTME form was out, the date of their post UTME exam was the same date I was having exam in LASU, regrettably for me , I wasn’t be able to partake in their exam, thinking LASU will offered me admission, after passing the POST UTME? Up till now NO admission is given yet, is that fair?? If I know that, that’s how things will turned to; will I worry my self to obtain the form? Talk less of writing the exam?

I can also remember the girl that scored Highest among us, she scored 90+, but just because she did not choose the in Jamb, still No Admission Yet, where students that scored 40, 38, 34, even 23 and has been offered admission because they choose the institution.

We don’t even know whether it was the second batch that was released or not, we just heard people saying they have been admitted without seeing any update from the school site about any second batch and without any update about aspirants that did not choose the school.

But why? Have we not got enough potentials to be among the elites which are supposed to be admitted? After passing the Post UTME and beating the cut off Mark? Or have we however slighted the school authority?? Or we have offended our creator? Or what?

Even the first batch list itself took almost a perdition-time, to be released leaving all aspirants in commotions while many have been duped already from false admission agents.

Some assumed that they are thinking that we could have been granted admission to our 1st choice university, is that so?? Not at all; I can say it fittingly, many aspirants that did not choose LASU as their 1st choice haven’t secured admission yet into other institution.

So we are using this medium to beg you for God sake, please consider us, we cant afford writing another jamb next year, which can still not guarantee our admission, our 250, 230, 210, 180 and above can’t just be a squander, Is it that LASU doesn't cherish and appreciate hard work or what? Please we need to know! And besides, why information about 2nd batch wasn’t updated on the school site?
Moreover, everyday we hear different rumours and speculations concerning the list and all this has caused a lot of irate minds and heart, while many aspirants have been duped, But why?
And for Goodness sake, this is December 2015, how can we be happy during Christmas and New year ?? while we haven’t gained admission Yet?? We wrote the post UTME since August while Jamb Deadline of admission stuffs was October 31st , and in the school calendar it was stated that screen starts on Nov. 30 still many aspirants are still yet to be admitted, But Why??
In conclusion, On behalf of all aspirants (principally those that did not choose LASU in Jamb I’m using this pleasant medium to plead to this great institution, I say; please try and consider us, try and release this list which will include our names for God sake, we have done all possible best we can do and right now we don't think we deserve any awful outcome.

Thanks!

Mich

For
#LASU-ASPIRANTS
Re: An Open Letter To The Vc Of The Lagos State University By An Aspirant by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
Front page please, let the world here about it

(1) (Reply)

Ican Accredits The First And The Best Ican Tuition Centre In Awka, Anambra State / Jamb Starts Today Feb.27.2016 / Mapoly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.