Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,121 members, 7,922,722 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 11:57 AM

System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. (825 Views)

My Acer Aspire E11 Shows Black Screen After Booting. How To Fix It? / System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. / I Browse With My Pc Via My Phone,but Each Time I Try Downloading,the System Shuts Down,why Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by TemiJude: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2009
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!, My system keeps restarting shortly after booting. It started this morning.

What can I do to rectify the problem.
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by Oxone(m): 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2009
I'll need alot more info on that to help you

like where does the booting get to & what operating system are u using.

what model of laptop do you use.i mean the whole works
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by freemansh: 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2009
Just login through safemode and do system restore to before the latest vista update installed (I believe you are using vista because XP would have given you bluescreen). Most times it is the automatic updates that windows installs that causes this.
Though this article was originally published for error it might help for yours http://www.olafusimichael.com/2009/05/how-to-prevent-and-cure-bluescreen-of.html.
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by Oxone(m): 4:59pm On Jun 03, 2009
freemansh:

Just login through safemode and do system restore to before the latest vista update installed (I believe you are using vista because XP would have given you bluescreen). Most times it is the automatic updates that windows installs that causes this.
Though this article was originally published for error it might help for yours http://www.olafusimichael.com/2009/05/how-to-prevent-and-cure-bluescreen-of.html.

wow, didnt know people could be this dumb,
how the hell do u give solution to a problem you have not gotten evry information about angry angry angry angry

ur post is made on stupid assumptions & have no basis

get a life
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by ifyalways(f): 10:04am On Jun 04, 2009
@Oxone,what are the causes of constant freezing/hanging of pc?how do i control/stop it.Its really annoying angry tks.
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by Oxone(m): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2009
ifyalways:

@Oxone,what are the causes of constant freezing/hanging of pc?how do i control/stop it.Its really annoying angry tks.

One simple reason why you're experiencing computer freezing problems is that you may be running way too many programs at one time. This takes up a lot of RAM and the system's resources are being stressed.
[b]solution:[/b]You can fix this issue by either running fewer programs than you are running or you can just buy additional RAM capacity.

Another reason that hanging PCs are so prevalent is due to problems that occur in your Windows operating system registry. Whenever we install new programs or whenever we delete programs that we don't want our registry is compiled with a lot of unnecessary information that is still stuck there and then gets corrupted.
solution: defragment your hard disk & run disk clean up

let me know how it goes
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by ifyalways(f): 10:53am On Jun 04, 2009
Oxone:

One simple reason why you're experiencing computer freezing problems is that you may be running way too many programs at one time. This takes up a lot of RAM and the system's resources are being stressed.
[b]solution:[/b]You can fix this issue by either running fewer programs than you are running or you can just buy additional RAM capacity.

Another reason that hanging PCs are so prevalent is due to problems that occur in your Windows operating system registry. Whenever we install new programs or whenever we delete programs that we don't want our registry is compiled with a lot of unnecessary information that is still stuck there and then gets corrupted.
solution: defragment your hard disk & run disk clean up

let me know how it goes

does opening like 3 tabs and maybe Yim/msn count as many programmes?
How do i buy Ram capacity?
Yes i did install and remove some programmes recently,how do i clean up my disk?
sorry,am quite a novice at stuffs like that,hubby handles it but hes not around so i wud appreciate if u give me step by step instructions and directions.thanks a milion.
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by Oxone(m): 11:17am On Jun 04, 2009
what operating system are u using?
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by ifyalways(f): 11:21am On Jun 04, 2009
Windows XP.i must quickly say,i experience this when am using the Mozila Browser and i just installed the latest version.tks.Other browsers work fairly well.
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by Oxone(m): 11:50am On Jun 04, 2009
ifyalways:

Windows XP.i must quickly say,i experience this when am using the Mozila Browser and i just installed the latest version.tks.Other browsers work fairly well.

was this happenning before the installation of the mozilla browser & when was the last time u turned off your system?

need to also know your system specification i.e ram, hardisk, processor (for this click on start, accessories, system tools & system information)

to get to disk clean up & disk defragment (this takes a while),
click on start, then accessories and finally system tools.
you'll find both there
run them & lets see what happens
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by ifyalways(f): 11:54am On Jun 04, 2009
lol @ ur breakdown.
i turn off everyday.was happening b4 was quite manageable then,got worse since in installed the Mozilla firefox.wud get the other info in a moment.tks.
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by ifyalways(f): 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2009
Just started defragmenting.seems like its gonna take some time.wud keep u posted when its done.i owe u a hug and beer when its done and Ok.LOL cheesy
Thanks for ur time for a novice like moi.
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by Oxone(m): 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2009
ifyalways:

Just started defragmenting.seems like its gonna take some time.wud keep u posted when its done.i owe u a hug and beer when its done and Ok.LOL cheesy
Thanks for ur time for a novice like moi.

anytime wink wink wink wink wink
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by ifyalways(f): 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2009
@Ozone kiss cheesy kiss cheesy kiss kiss cool
Thanks,its better now.did the fragmentation and its alright now.tks. smiley
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by valuable1: 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2009
My laptop is giving me some headache, it normally off by itself if i shake it or move it from one place to the other, what can i do?
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by Oxone(m): 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2009
valuable1:

My laptop is giving me some headache, it normally off by itself if i shake it or move it from one place to the other, what can i do?

would need more info than that like
make & model
operating system
when it started &
specification
Re: System Shuts Down After Shortly Booting. by Nobody: 3:11am On Jun 08, 2009
Try system restore. . . that is all i can offer at the moment!

(1) (Reply)

Virus / Formatted: No More Sound / Ttc Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.