Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,437 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:35 AM

Mass Exodus Of People From Lagos - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Mass Exodus Of People From Lagos (505 Views)

Different Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In Naija Burial Ceremony - Meme / 6 Kinds Of People You Will Always Find At 'Owambe' Parties In Nigeria. / Photos From A Ugandan Mass Wedding As 200 Brides Wed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mass Exodus Of People From Lagos by Honesty007(m): 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2015
The truth is that aside the Artisitic beauty,Infrastructural decay/development in Lagos, MDGs goals which are yet to be achieved.Lagos state may become a Ghost town this Festive season.
There are many countless reasons.
1)High cost of Accomodation:The truth is that the rich are getting richer and the average, mid average and poor are getting power.Indigenes and even non indigenes below the poverty line cannot continue to rely on suatting with relatives,living in slums and Ghettos.The high cst of accomodation willl push people out of Nigeria's yorkcity to other states.Truth is i see a lot of movement, relocation this december.What a pity! I feel sad. But when u cme to states like Osun, Ibadan, Ondo and see poor people now owning houses.So land is cheap cos Jungle looking states still have large untapped lands for accomodation purposes
2)Traffic congestion:Lagos if not depopulated by travellers would be having heavy traffic congestion this festive season.If not for the uncompleted Metrorailproject,There could have been changes.But even the fuel scarcity would worsen matters this festive season.I pray it doesnt extend till January 2016.
I am seeing heavy transports of individuals and goods out of Lagos this Christmass.
3)High cost of Food:Lagos is now like Newyorkcity and the rich get the best.Its unfortunate Food will be high in price because ofthe fuel scarcity too.So food is still managable in southwestern states and some eastern states. What a pity.
4)To and Fro Movement in lagos is too much stressful
5)Illegal taxation: Tax in this dire economic situation portends grave harm to the poor who cannot even afford to feed themselves.

(1) (Reply)

#gidixmas Music Concert: A Night Of Afrobeat, Jazz, Soul, Traditional Music / Plea For Votes / MC LEGEND, Professional MC /comedian For Your Events

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.