Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,442 members, 7,884,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown (7680 Views)

Buhari May Speak To Nigerians By Phone Soon - Presidency / Picture Of Bovi And Atiku Abubakar Dabbing Will Make You Laugh / What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
Were is my own tribe ikwerre?
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Uniben4sure: 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
55% of scholars are not Yoruba!

Why do you guys like to give the wrong impression that yorubas are more educated than
Igbo's?

That's a very biiiiig lieeeee!

No offence!

4 Likes

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
Uniben4sure:
55% of scholars are not Yoruba!

Why do you guys like to give the wrong impression that yorubas are more educated than
Igbo's?

That's a very biiiiig lieeeee!

No offence!
na u go tire o
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Uniben4sure: 8:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
southniyikaye:
na u go tire o
it's annoying how people lie through their noses just to feel good about themselves. Enter any class in any Nigerian university (both in the southwest) and take statistics of the high flying students and you will find out that majority are igbos. That's the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by evansvenus(m): 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2015
Yoruba having more scholars than igbos is a farce...most of the south eastern unis are indigenous to igbo folks..hw many yorubas can u find schooling in the east? But universities in the south west has huge igbo presence!!

4 Likes

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by OFFICIAL336: 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
Where is that crawling BOT? This one no be food?
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Tcheck(m): 10:27pm On Dec 11, 2015
for the kidnapping matter own I agree na we Niger delta get am but that infidelity own ehn yoruba suppose get 91% for the whole world.

4 Likes

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by humilitypays(m): 10:03am On Dec 12, 2015
Bigmillz:
Ikwerre should be under Niger Delta or Igbo...either of the two, morning
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by phillippiano(m): 10:11am On Dec 12, 2015
evansvenus:
Yoruba having more scholars than igbos is a farce...most of the south eastern unis are indigenous to igbo folks..hw many yorubas can u find schooling in the east? But universities in the south west has huge igbo presence!!
Yorubas ain't got time for your useless varsities! It's either we attend our own or we go abroad! Go figure!

1 Like

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2015
phillippiano:
Yorubas ain't got time for your useless varsities! It's either we attend our own or we go abroad! Go figure!

Abroad since when? una dey travel? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by phillippiano(m): 10:16am On Dec 12, 2015
willow0801:

Abroad since when? una dey travel? cheesy
We don't go to Chin, India and Malaysia
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 12, 2015
humilitypays:
Ikwerre should be under Niger Delta or Igbo...either of the two, morning
ok ooo morning too
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 12, 2015
phillippiano:
We don't go to Chin, India and Malaysia

Nah you are only found in large numbers in the uk, apart from the uk, the rest are minor numbers.
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by ericanex(f): 5:10pm On May 17, 2016
I thought Igbo topped ritual
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by humilitypays(m): 5:58pm On May 20, 2016
ericanex:
I thought Igbo topped ritual
says who cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by ericanex(f): 7:20pm On May 20, 2016
humilitypays:
says who cheesy cheesy cheesy
says me.its obvious due to the love we Igbo have for money
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by humilitypays(m): 7:54pm On May 20, 2016
ericanex:
says me.its obvious due to the love we Igbo have for money
lol, I understand but Igbos are more prone to do drug trafficking than rituals...it was Nollywood movies that painted that wrong image of Igbo people as fore-runners in money ritual...whereas it's not the reality.

I am not saying Igbos don't do money ritual, all tribes do money ritual, but money ritual is more prevalent among the Yorube tribe in reality, that's my point Ericasmiley

If you have worked in a multi-tribal and multi-racial organization in Nigeria before, u will then realize how Yorubas believe in juju a lot.

Most top Yoruba corporate managers in oil companies, banks, telecoms, logistics firms, FMCGs, shipping firms, etc are all into juju to keep their job and to silence their superiors (company owners and CEOs) from investigating their illicit corporate financial activities.

They bring Alfas, patronize all sorts of babalawo just to be at the top and silence onlookers. I speak from real life experiences; not 1 or 2.

Igbos don't usually believe in holding firmly to a top managerial position at all cost in another man's company like Yorubas do.

Each Nigerian tribe have their shortcoming...Igbos are usually cunning in business deals compared to any other tribe.

1 Like

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Standing5(m): 8:36pm On May 20, 2016
humilitypays:
lol, I understand but Igbos are more prone to do drug trafficking than rituals...it was Nollywood movies that painted that wrong image of Igbo people as fore-runners in money ritual...whereas it's not the reality.

I am not saying Igbos don't do money ritual, all tribes do money ritual, but money ritual is more prevalent among the Yorube tribe in reality, that's my point Ericasmiley

If you have worked in a multi-tribal and multi-racial organization in Nigeria before, u will then realize how Yorubas believe in juju a lot.

Most top Yoruba corporate managers in oil companies, banks, telecoms, logistics firms, FMCGs, shipping firms, etc are all into juju to keep their job and to silence their superiors (company owners and CEOs) from investigating their illicit corporate financial activities.

They bring Alfas, patronize all sorts of babalawo just to be at the top and silence onlookers. I speak from real life experiences; not 1 or 2.

Igbos don't usually believe in holding firmly to a top managerial position at all cost in another man's company like Yorubas do.

Each Nigerian tribe have their shortcoming...Igbos are usually cunning in business deals compared to any other tribe.
well I have the exact opposite of your own experience. Though I agree with you, it isn't always the way you made it look. Slightly exergerated!
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by kuuljay(m): 9:09pm On May 20, 2016
humilitypays:

Yorubas do theirs to influence. But if you talk of sacrificing humans to get money bros it's igbos,movie makers get inspiration from their immediate environment just like one poster mentioned
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by humilitypays(m): 9:29pm On May 20, 2016
kuuljay:
Yorubas do theirs to influence. But if you talk of sacrificing humans to get money bros it's igbos,movie makers get inspiration from their immediate environment just like one poster mentioned
Yes, some movie producers get their inspiration from stories happening around their immediate environment while most only forge stories based on what they feel would sell well and fast, of which money ritual storyline sells faster.

And u know Igbos dominated the Nigerian movie industry at the start, so they kept churning out the same Emeka and Nnamdi did money ritual storyline to make money from their movies which they succeeded but ended up giving the rest of Nigerians the impression that Igbos are ritualists.

I remember a time they accused someone I know very well; a relation of being a ritualist...whereas this person was even suffering and toiling so hard to breakthrough.

Me, I speak from personal experience; I know more igbo drug traffickers than ritualists. What Igbos did more in the past 10, 15yrs was 419 (now Yahoo Yahoo) than ritual and people called it money ritual then because they didn't understood how those guys made huge money in a short period of time not knowing it was internet scam or fraud now widely known as Yahoo-Yahoo which the Yorubas have now taken over fully.

So my brother, from facts based on news we even read online on daily basis now, we can't argue the fact that most money ritual dens and killings happen in Yoruba land while most drug trafficking offenses recorded of recent are done by Igbos.

The facts and figures are glaring bro...even in Yoruba land, there is a many decade ago cultural practice whereby family do money ritual for their children and keep it as a secret, believe me, such cultural practice doesn't exist in Igbo land.

From my little involvement in Nigeria's corporate environment and from my long residence in Yoruba land, I can boldly tell you that Yorubas are more fetish than most Nigerian tribes; juju and jazz are common practices in Yoruba land, reason white garment churches flourish so well in Yoruba states and communities.

4 Likes

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by humilitypays(m): 9:38pm On May 20, 2016
‎For instance, there was a popular Nollywood movie storyline about "Ara Nwanyi Asaba", which was portrayed by Nollywood movie producers to be a currently happening fast and effective money ritual process then....and guess what many guys went to Asaba from all parts of Nigeria in search of where 'Ara Nwanyi Asaba' was so they could go suck it and become wealthy like the Igbo men portrayed in the movie script they watched.

Many Okada riders chop many foolish guys' money who trooped down to Asaba in search of "Ara Nwanyi Asaba" that existed some hundred years ago.

So most Nollywood stories that portrayed majority of rich men in Igbo land as money ritualists were mere exaggeration. Though there are some money ritualists in Igbo land, but not as many as Nollywood movies portrayed it.

Most Igbo rich and average people made money from petty trading which other tribes looked down on not knowing it's the fastest way to make money in life.

These guys will open a shop and patiently sell things piece by piece for years to amass wealth for themselves when they realized that other tribes (Hausa and Yoruba) dominated the Nigerian civil service and other corporate positions after the civil war....and over time, their patience and hardwork in trading things paid off just like Lebanese people are known globally as the leaders in grocery shop business.

‎

1 Like

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by MichaelAustin(m): 9:48pm On May 20, 2016
Realdeals:
You're quite right!
The dirtiest people in Nigeria - Yoruba The cleanest people in Nigeria - Efik /Ibibio

3 Likes

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by kuuljay(m): 9:54pm On May 20, 2016
humilitypays:
Yes, some movie producers get their inspiration from stories happening around their immediate environment while most only forge stories based on what they feel would sell well and fast, of which money ritual storyline sells faster.

And u know Igbos dominated the Nigerian movie industry at the start, so they kept churning out the same Emeka and Nnamdi did money ritual storyline to make money from their movies which they succeeded but ended up giving the rest of Nigerians the impression that Igbos are ritualists.

I remember a time they accused someone I know very well; a relation of being a ritualist...whereas this person was even suffering and toiling so hard to breakthrough.

Me, I speak from personal experience; I know more igbo drug traffickers than ritualists. What Igbos did more in the past 10, 15yrs was 419 (now Yahoo Yahoo) than ritual and people called it money ritual then because they didn't understood how those guys made huge money in a short period of time not knowing it was internet scam or fraud now widely known as Yahoo-Yahoo which the Yorubas have now taken over fully.

So my brother, from facts based on news we even read online on daily basis now, we can't argue the fact that most money ritual dens and killings happen in Yoruba land while most drug trafficking offenses recorded of recent are done by Igbos.

The facts and figures are glaring bro...even in Yoruba land, there is a many decade ago cultural practice whereby family do money ritual for their children and keep it as a secret, believe me, such cultural practice doesn't exist in Igbo land.

From my little involvement in Nigeria's corporate environment and from my long residence in Yoruba land, I can boldly tell you that Yorubas are more fetish than most Nigerian tribes; juju and jazz are common practices in Yoruba land, reason white garment churches flourish so well in Yoruba states and communities.
great!!! You won on this one
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by humilitypays(m): 9:57pm On May 20, 2016
kuuljay:
great!!! You won on this one
Nice interacting with you, have a beautiful night restsmiley

Wish lalasticlala could take it to fp so we can hear more varied opinion from different Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Philistine(m): 10:34pm On May 20, 2016
MichaelAustin:

The dirtiest people in Nigeria - Yoruba
The cleanest people in Nigeria - Efik /Ibibio
. Aba- d dirtiest city in west africa. Onitsha- d most polluted n smelling city in d world. D dirtiest places in lagos are dominated by igbos; Ajegunle,Oshodi etc
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by mykemiley(f): 11:53pm On May 20, 2016
Abeg yoruba pple no sabi cuk joooor...oil oil, na d igbos 1st.
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Ariani: 12:20am On May 21, 2016
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by ericanex(f): 12:45am On May 21, 2016
humilitypays:

okay I get
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by aishmuhd(f): 5:25am On May 21, 2016
quite agreed wit u to an extent
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by ariesbull: 8:09am On May 21, 2016
Bigmillz:

Ikwerre Is a sub group of Igbo and not a tribe

But wait

Igbo is an ethnicity made up of tribes maybe that's why you meant ...but tribes that make up Igbo many NASA.
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by Nobody: 9:20am On May 21, 2016
ariesbull:

Ikwerre Is a sub group of Igbo and not a tribe

But wait

Igbo is an ethnicity made up of tribes maybe that's why you meant ...but tribes that make up Igbo many NASA.
sorry sir we got nothing with igbo
Re: Interesting FACTS About Nigerians By Tribes That Will Make You Laugh & Frown by ariesbull: 9:35am On May 21, 2016
Bigmillz:
sorry sir we got nothing with igbo

Don't say we ...say I ....my uncle is an ikwerre and he said he is Igbo
Amaechi went to aba and said he is Igbo

So who are the we here oga

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Offers To Purchase Nairaland For N5 Billion Naira or $11 Million / N1.8bn: Recall Buratai For Investigation, PDP Tasks Buhari / What Are The Consequences Of The Umar Farouk's Action On Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.