Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:03 AM

Why Jonathan Gave Me N670m Through Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Gave Me N670m Through Dasuki (620 Views)

Throwback Photos Of When Jonathan Gave South-west Obas N50m Each (photos) / The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 / Jonathan Gave It All As Jesus Christ Did – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan Gave Me N670m Through Dasuki by ezebunafo(m): 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
The Chairman of ThisDay Newspaper, Nduka Obaigbena, has explained why former President Goodluck Jonathan gave approvals that N670 million should be released to him by the former National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki.

Obaigbena stated this in a letter to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, which has invited him for questioning over the money.

The N670 million is among the monies alleged to have been fraudulently released by Dasuki to some prominent Nigerians.

As of Friday morning, the EFCC had compiled a list of charges against Dasuki and some others, with the N670 million listed as given to Obaigbena fraudulently.

The Duke, as Obaigbena is popularly called, however, said no money was fraudulently released to him.

He said the money, released in batches, was for the assistance he solicited for the repairs of the ThisDay office in Abuja, which was bombed by the Boko Haram terrorists, and for the loss recorded by media houses when military men violently seized their newspapers.

The ThisDay office in Abuja was bombed by Boko Haram in 2012.

The newspaper’s office in Kaduna, though not owned by Obaigbena, was also attacked on April 26, 2012.

Obaigbena thus wrote Jonathan for compensation for the bombing of his company.

Though it was not revealed how much Jonathan approved, N550 million was released to the publisher of ThisDay newspaper for the Boko Haram attack.

The money was released in tranches of N250 million in February 2014, N150 million in August 2014 and another N150 million in November 2014.

The balance of N120 million released to Obaigbena by Dasuki was compensation to 12 newspaper houses for the violent seizure of their publications by the military.

The money was released to Obaigbena as the Chairman of the Newspapers Proprietors Association of Nigeria.

It was released in tranches of N100 million and N20 million.

Newspapers that benefitted were ThisDay, Vanguard, Sun, The Nation, New Telegraph, Daily Trust, People’s Daily, Leadership, Daily Independent, Tribune, Guardian and BusinessDay.

Why Jonathan gave me N670m through Dasuki - Nduka Obaigbena -
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/why-jonathan-gave-me-n670m-through-dasuki-nduka-obaigbena/
Re: Why Jonathan Gave Me N670m Through Dasuki by IykeChukz(m): 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
Central Bank of Dasuki....

Now Dasuki gate is opened to receive all his patronizers.

He must not go down alone.

Wake me up if am FTC not near Dasuki's gate of hell oh.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Gave Me N670m Through Dasuki by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
undecided
Re: Why Jonathan Gave Me N670m Through Dasuki by yapapa: 5:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
Dasuki up and down..dis man na don o.
Re: Why Jonathan Gave Me N670m Through Dasuki by unite4real: 5:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
how could this be? Is that the procedure for compensation? what happened to insurance?
Re: Why Jonathan Gave Me N670m Through Dasuki by funnynation(m): 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
dis man don turn celebrity
Re: Why Jonathan Gave Me N670m Through Dasuki by criminalmindz: 6:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
Apc should keep shouting Dasuki this, Dasuki doubt diverting attention. £1 =375naira and $1= 275naira. The economy is sinking everyday, rather than implement policies to address the falling economy they are busy probing Dasuki and Pdp. They know that you nigerians are mumu . They feed you with what you want to hear, “this man stole 300billion naira , that woman stole 65billion dollars. Some of you reality haven't hit you until christmas day some will eat xmas rice with egg or kpomo then you will realize apc has scammed you for CHANGE.

(1) (Reply)

Gambia Declared Islamic Country / Fayose Angry Over Failed Effort To Beg Buhari - Http:///1oxgq4a / FG Scraps Fuel Subsidy, To Reduce Cost Of Petrol From January 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.