Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,084 members, 7,887,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:21 PM

Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? (3735 Views)

Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? / Rotating A Jlabel Using Netbeans / Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? by maikiyau(m): 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2006
richness:

well, if you are interested in netbeans. they give out free CD of their IDE. check
http://www.netbeans.org/about/cd-form.html
but you still need Java 5 (and above SDK) (i guess you can get one at otigba.

i have a copy of both the CD(i can spare this) and the SDK(i can't spare this) just reply this forum to contact me

well i tried to download the jdk but as i said earlier nepa, bandwitdth etc makes it difficult. so where is otigba
cool
Re: Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? by maikiyau(m): 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2006
how can i contact u
Re: Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? by lordNebu(m): 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2006
well u all have points. iot all dependson wht u do if u r learning to use java, netbeans and also as u develope netbeans grows with ur skill, eclipse is good 4 pros who follow design methods and do serious software design,
Re: Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? by prettysly(f): 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2006
bossman
thanks will search for it.

but do you know of any good book i can get.
Re: Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? by Bossman(m): 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2006
There are several good books out there. I used and still refer to Beginning Java 2 by Ivor Horton, Thinking in Java by Bruce Eckel (this is available for free too), Beginning Java Objects by Jacquie Barker and Java in nutshell. I know it's not easy to get all the books in Niger, but,

As a beginner I would start with the 2 beginning books above. They will help nail down the concepts especially Object Oriented Programming with Java. Then you can move on to other books. I am sure others will have more to say about which books work best for them. But these are the ones that I use.

Here is a link to the Java tutorial: If you can't download it, I can zip it up and send it to your PM.

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/index.html

I would also suggest that you visit and read (as much as possible) the beginneer's forum at Javaranch below. Obviously, it will help if 24/7 internet access is available.

http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

prettysly:

bossman
thanks will search for it.

but do you know of any good book i can get.
Re: Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? by richness(m): 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2006
maikiyau:

how can i contact u

sorry i have been busy lately, my email is walencr@yahoo.com
i ma in lagos presently but will leaving soon
Re: Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? by Taysay(m): 7:15pm On Nov 10, 2006
So what can One that the order cant ?
Re: Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? by uboy(m): 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2006
I need help, i basically join this forum to benefit from poeple who can assist me when all
is down, like i'm now.

I'm currently developing an application(student result processing system) the database is
desiged and implemented on MYSQL, and the front end(Interface to enter student information and check student result) is done using using NetBeans IDE.

The problem is i have written and run the java codes with no errors and it is executing, but i can't connect to the MYSQL server, i have downloaded the Connector/J driver for java developers, followed the instruction but it is telling failure to connect.

Can any body help me, it is urgent.
Re: Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? by candylips(m): 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2006
can you provide more details of your code. especially the driver class name you are using
Re: Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? by my2cents(m): 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2006
and whatever happened to good old vi? cool
Re: Programming In Java: Eclipse Or Netbeans? by jeffman(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2007
how about sun java enterprise studio and sun java studio creator?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice On Software Testing / Difference Between Java And Javascript / Error With XHTML Markup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.