Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,309 members, 7,887,906 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:12 PM

Why Rule 9 Is Okay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Rule 9 Is Okay (534 Views)

Rule 9: Matters Arising. / Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet / Nairaland Rule#9 Discrimination Against A Section Of Nigeria. - My Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Rule 9 Is Okay by coolscott(m): 11:47pm On Dec 11, 2015
[size=13pt]Various folks have come out in support (or against) the modified Rule 9 of nairaland.

In my opinion, this rule is alright for the following reasons:

1) Courtesy demands if you want to be treated nicely and with respect, that you treat others the same way too.
You cannot barge in guns flaming with hate, abuse and threats to kill and in the name of fairness expect to be buttered up into continuing what you are doing. Fairness is not when others painfully tolerate you when you poke your fingers in their eyes. And unfairness is not when they try to stop you from engaging in your excesses.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3179844_nnnn_jpeg115c7feeca9ec03b170a036a5ab67f91

2) Everyone is free to promote their ethnic groups but not at the expense of national unity.

3) As the picture above illustrates, the current Biafran movement is misguidedly inspired by violence.

4) Nigeria currently is the land mass covering 923,768 km2 roughly between latitude 13°03′39″ North and latitude 4.8202523 South and longitude 5°14′20″ East and longitude 8°19′19″ East. Nairaland on the other hand is Seun's property, only a web address in cyberspace. It is not the sovereign Nigerian territory, which provides everyone within it rights to freedom of speech which one can fight to protect in the law courts. It is simply his own piece of cyberspace on which he can decide what is permissible or not.

5) Although a Biafra agitation does not have to be treasonable, this one locked itself in a firm grip with treason from its beginnings and it is those criminalizable words from Mr. Kanu that inspire the youths to go on the streets. It is those same words that the federal govt must have used as a basis for arresting him in the first place. The truth is it was not necessary for him to give them justification for arresting him but he provided them with this at the same time, providing reason for those that came out to support him to be regarded as partners in an illegal conspiration.

There are many more reasons why Rule 9 is alright but these are just a few.
Remember that you can promote your ethnic group but you cannot promote violence
And also remember that all these threads have been allowed even when they were leading to chaos on the ground up till now.

If you have other reasons why Rule 9 is Okay, add them here.

If you have any new reasons besides the usual freedom of speech reason why the rule is not really right, you may also put it up here. Reasons which strike out the ones given above are especially welcome. But if they are illogical, I will try to ignore.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Rule 9 Is Okay by Businessideas: 11:50pm On Dec 11, 2015
hmmm..
Re: Why Rule 9 Is Okay by amunkita(m): 11:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
Another Italian Ewu..

Umuaka Ndi Uwa Mmebi..

1 Like

Re: Why Rule 9 Is Okay by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 11, 2015
Those niggies are just too violent. They preach hatred, lacks respect and are just too mean.
Re: Why Rule 9 Is Okay by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 12, 2015
amunkita:
Another Italian Ewu..

Umuaka Ndi Uwa Mmebi..
You see...... Say that shii again in plain English. Or is that so hard?
Re: Why Rule 9 Is Okay by coolscott(m): 12:00am On Dec 12, 2015
[size=13pt]Looking at the kind of people the agitators are, if they were on the other side of the table do you think they would allow any of these agitations?
Would they have allowed it get to this stage?
You hear them trying to lie their way into owning other people's lands. Do you think they are fair people themselves?
Don't you get the feel that all mods would be told to just delete any agitator thread and thread they don't like?
In my view, courtesy has been followed in dealing with people whose lack of courtesy has come to be well known on Nairaland
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Rule 9 Is Okay by amunkita(m): 12:01am On Dec 12, 2015
keyzid:

You see...... Say that shii again in plain English. Or is that so hard?

Umuaka Ndi Uwa Mmebi..

1 Like

Re: Why Rule 9 Is Okay by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 12, 2015
amunkita:

Umuaka Ndi Uwa Mmebi..
Cow grin.... You ain't even communicating. It's useless since I don't understand your GIBBERISH. Animal
Re: Why Rule 9 Is Okay by amunkita(m): 12:16am On Dec 12, 2015
keyzid:

Cow grin.... You ain't even communicating. It's useless since I don't understand your GIBBERISH. Animal

Umuaka Uwa Mmebi..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsman Kill 22 In Borno Plateau / Muslim Group Hacks Lagos State Website / Where My Country Gone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.