Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,348 members, 7,937,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet (5391 Views)

Men Always Leave Me After Having Their Way The First / Quiet Reserved Guys VS Loud Outgoing Guys, Your Pick / I See Myself Being Too Quiet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 8:23am On Dec 12, 2015
Help me guys, there's this girl that I love so much with all my heart after some times we started dating but the problem is I'm always quiet around her to which she detest. She's the extrovert type while I'm opposite of what she is. The problem now is that she has threatened to quit the relationship bcuz she does most of the talking while I only occassionaly chip in when I felt the need to do so.
Help me and don't let my relationship crumble. Your advice is needed
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 12, 2015
Last Days story for the gods
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by iceberylin(m): 8:26am On Dec 12, 2015
Ur an introvert and ya signature says playboy grin

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by hadizadeezy(f): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2015
I don't blame u
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 12, 2015
quiet guys are boring

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by oslae(f): 8:31am On Dec 12, 2015
quiinnBee:
quiet guys are boring
I couldn't agree more
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Emmydek(m): 8:31am On Dec 12, 2015
This is not a sorry case. If you don't change,the 'boys' are eyeing her already.-that deserve a more sorry.
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by jmaxjohn(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2015
Take note, relationships like urs rarely work out.

1. Do u hv anything u cud teach her? Something new often, it cud bring u outta ur shell more.
It seems u r nt impacting knowledge to her nd she's now bored of u

2. If u r impacting knowledge, den she doesn't appreciate u for u.

3. Unless u wanna read d book ART OF SEDUCTION (der may be help in der to bring u out of ur shell), u cud read this on Forbes. Hope it helps http://www.forbes.com/sites/deborahljacobs/2012/07/24/how-to-turn-an-introvert-into-an-extrovert-or-vice-versa/

4. #added it seems like d genuine communication btwn u 2 z just 2 weak, try singing a song tgeda...errrr if ur voice gud sha
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by dachaste(f): 8:36am On Dec 12, 2015
If u reAlly love ha, u won't lack wot to say.

It'll jus floW
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by xpac01(m): 8:40am On Dec 12, 2015
quiinnBee:
quiet guys are boring

Yes they're boring, but when you think you need a faithful partner look to the path of quiet guys. Most of my quiet friends are so calculative and faithful. And if you come to bedmatics, my sister, na you go still run. My quiet friend held a girl down on sack, after the encounter, she started him calling slow poison.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 12, 2015
xpac01:

Yes they're boring, but when you think you need a faithful partner look to the path of quiet guys. Most of my quiet friends are so calculative and faithful. And if you come to bedmatics, my sister, na you go still run. My quiet friend held a girl down on sack, after the encounter, she started him calling slow poison.
slow poison grin alright lets say he's good at bang..what about the communication aspect of the relationship? undecided
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 12, 2015
dachaste:
If u reAlly love ha, u won't lack wot to say.

It'll jus floW
not in all cases
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by obiorathesubtle: 8:47am On Dec 12, 2015
You can be quiet and interesting, I don't think she threatened to leave you because you're quiet, I think she has had enough of the bore that you are.

Women like excitement, adventure, or let's say.. Seeing different things(I'm looking for a better word).. But I hope you get what I'm trying to say.. You can be a quiet person, it'll give you that mysterious aura, women love that.. But you have to put in more effort, go out of your way sometimes(not all the time)..

Watch comedy so you can be funny atleast, watch more movies and read more books, so you won't run out of things to say.

I'm rusty

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by xpac01(m): 8:48am On Dec 12, 2015
@OP, The worst you'll do is trying to change to whom you're not just because of an atom of a girl among million matters of girls out there.
I know it's not easy, but if she wants to bow out, let she be.
But if you think you can adjust, just do, for the sake of love. Just be open minded always, express yourself always.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 12, 2015
I see where she is coming & TBH, I'd break up with you too, because communication is the master key. When someone doesn't have much to say, it kinda makes them dull to the more talkative type & also makes you dread talking to them, because you feel gagged every time you even try.
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Pheals(f): 8:52am On Dec 12, 2015
U need to be rough then undecided
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 12, 2015
I was once like this buh i've dropped it, now u will say i talk too much, i exhibit two characters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by dachaste(f): 9:00am On Dec 12, 2015
quiinnBee:

not in all cases

No matter how quiet u r. If two ppl r truly in love, there can't be a a dull moment.

Time just flies by without notice

Its usually awkward wen love is one sided or one person is still shy and not free or something
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 12, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
You can be quiet and interesting, I don't think she threatened to leave you because you're quiet, I think she has had enough of the bore that you are.

Women like excitement, adventure, or let's say.. Seeing different things(I'm looking for a better word).. But I hope you get what I'm trying to say.. You can be a quiet person, it'll give you that mysterious aura, women love that.. But you have to put in more effort, go out of your way sometimes(not all the time)..

Watch comedy so you can be funny atleast, watch more movies and read more books, so you won't run out of things to say.

I'm rusty

The "mysterious aura" thing gets boring too, trust me. Nobody wants to be with someone that's too hard to read. Aint nobody have time for that. Personally I prefer open books or at least someone that gives away a little something about themselves every time we have a discussion or whatever. A guy that's too clammed up & hardly reveals anything IS A BORE. He can go wear a veil with someone else. There should be moderation, a bait, intrigue or something. That whole air of mystery thing is for girls with a lot of patience & longer attention span. Some of us will give you a few chances to open up & if you still act like a human clam, then off to the next one.
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by xpac01(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2015
quiinnBee:

slow poison grin alright lets say he's good at bang..what about the communication aspect of the relationship? undecided

Well, as a lady, you're left with your choice. But me as an extrovert, I find myself liking quiet guys because they're good listeners.
Who said they're totally blank at communication No, they aren't. But the little calculative inputs my quiet friends make, keep the fun in our gists going. I find myself free from any unforeseen betrayal cos they're very sincere. Whatever they say, as little as it may be is very on point. But my other noisy friends, hehehehe, cheesy you find their every word dotted with many lies.
Though I observe tha's what you ladies like. Stories and lies. I think that's what fun most times looks like: saying real stories in fictional mixtures and gestures.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 12, 2015
xpac01:

Well, as a lady, you're left with your choice. But me as an extrovert, I find myself liking quiet guys because they're good listeners.
Who said they're totally blank at communication No, they aren't. But the little calculative inputs my quiet friends make, keep the fun in our gists going. I find myself free from any unforeseen betrayal cos they're very sincere. Whatever they say, as little as it may be is very on point. But my other noisy friends, hehehehe, cheesy you find their every word dotted with many lies.
Though I observe tha's what you ladies like. Stories and lies. I think that's what fun most times looks like: saying real stories in fictional mixtures and gestures.
well said smiley
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2015
xpac01:

The Babe should be able to initiate the conversation then he chips in one or two things.

unless the girlfriend herself is boring.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 12, 2015
AdebisiAdeyinka:
Help me guys, there's this girl that I love so much with all my heart after some times we started dating but the problem is I'm always quiet around her to which she detest. She's the extrovert type while I'm opposite of what she is. The problem now is that she has threatened to quit the relationship bcuz she does most of the talking while I only occassionaly chip in when I felt the need to do so.
You probably have to change a little bit because she's not happy with that.

Women love to be talked to. They want to laugh and be happy. So just talk to her and make her smile. grin
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by fulfillbill(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2015
Guy no need to adapt to her standard, if you change for her and she eventually leaves you, you lose yourself and her..better be yourself so that when you meet someone who understands you una blend sharperly.

The truth is we are too quick to call it love when the underlying boxes are yet to be ticked...sometimes these relationships help us understand who we truly are only if we tell ourselves the truth.I'd prefer you dont betray your personality trait because you are afraid of her leaving. Theres is someone for everyone, do try and have an abundance mentality, it would keep you from anxiety.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by xpac01(m): 9:24am On Dec 12, 2015
quiinnBee:

The Babe should be able to initiate the conversation then he chips in one or two things.

unless the girlfriend herself is boring.
I thought as much too. Or maybe the OP is super broke ass dude, and she's looking for a way to go off hook. Believe me, if a quiet guy is dope and rich, ladies will be like: "wow!! this guy is so cool, romantic and humble". cheesy But when he is quiet and broke, ayakaya, grin the babe will be like: " mtscheeeew, he's so boring"... Like the OP's girl. Abi I lie

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 12, 2015
Nigg, just continue being you, let her go feck herself if she ain't cool wt that.
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 12, 2015
xpac01:

I thought as much too. Or maybe the OP is super broke ass dude, and she's looking for a way to go off hook. Believe me, if a quiet guy is dope and rich, ladies will be like: "wow!! this guy is so cool, romantic and humble". cheesy But when he is quiet and broke, ayakaya, grin the babe will be like: " mtscheeeew, he's so boring"... Like the OP's girl. Abi I lie
grin lol. money speaks louder than words
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by xpac01(m): 9:33am On Dec 12, 2015
fulfillbill:
Guy no need to adapt to her standard, if you change for her and she eventually leaves you, you lose yourself and her..better be yourself so that when you meet someone who understands you una blend sharperly.

The truth is we are too quick to call it love when the underlying boxes are yet to be ticked...sometimes these relationships help us understand who we truly are only if we tell ourselves the truth.I'd prefer you dont betray your personality trait because you are afraid of her leaving. Theres is someone for everyone, do try and have an abundance mentality, it would keep you from anxiety.

And he may continue loosing them all.
I think the OP needs to adjust and be more open minded lil bit. Not trying to change his traits of personality but improving on his quiet trait for a long lasting r/ship. Even if not with the girl, but atleast with next girl.
And believe me, chronic quiet guys has the more potentiality of being cheated on.
A piece of my thought.
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by MrCork: 9:33am On Dec 12, 2015
AdebisiAdeyinka:

...brother...ther is a reason y micro phone waz invented......anyways..she dont want, tell her to f**** of! (No ofeeense) angry
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by obiorathesubtle: 9:40am On Dec 12, 2015
PunkyVeer:

The "mysterious aura" thing gets boring too, trust me. Nobody wants to be with someone that's too hard to read. Aint nobody have time for that. Personally I prefer open books or at least someone that gives away a little something about themselves every time we have a discussion or whatever. A guy that's too clammed up & hardly reveals anything IS A BORE. He can go wear a veil with someone else. There should be moderation, a bait, intrigue or something. That whole air of mystery thing is for girls with a lot of patience & longer attention span. Some of us will give you a few chances to open up & if you still act like a human clam, then off to the next one.
Lol.. You're funny..

Then again.. Maybe he's trying too hard.

First relationship, I had this idea she was too good for me and all.. I'm a joker, the never serious kind.. Or let's just say witty.... But I was a different person around her, too careful, too quiet, I say Yes to everything, I don't talk.. There's always that awkward silence, she got bored and DUMPED me(I typed 'dumped' in uppercase because I was fĂșcked up after the whole thing).. So one time, I invited her to a party at a friend's place, she couldn't believe what she saw that evening.. She saw ME flutter like a wild bird! After the party, she asked why she never saw that side of me..

I said I was too careful, didn't want to lose her n all

So....
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by misspicy(f): 9:41am On Dec 12, 2015
Dating a quiet guy is like been in bondage, no expression,communication and its quite frustrating during dispute.....did I mention boring oh gosh they are BORING. ...its like dating a lifeless doll

sorry OP if it was I too I'd breakup, I think you should go for a quiet girl like you
Re: Help!!! My GF Threaten To Leave Me For Being Too Quiet by jmaxjohn(m): 9:47am On Dec 12, 2015
Pls people, answer this. What makes a guy an introvert?
Guys r natural risk takers, but y wud some guys turn out to b introverts?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Now Matter How Hard It Is Never Give Up On Love / This Lady's Baby Bump Has Everyone Talking / Whatsapp Group For Ladies Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.