Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,070 members, 7,939,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 10:41 PM

Warning! Etb Website Hijacked For Interswitch Atm Scam - Beware - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Warning! Etb Website Hijacked For Interswitch Atm Scam - Beware (655 Views)

ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters / Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! / Interswitch ATM/Debit Card - The Answer To Online Fraud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warning! Etb Website Hijacked For Interswitch Atm Scam - Beware by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:41pm On Jun 03, 2009
It is official. got a spam asking me to enter my ATM card for interswitch registration or it won't work, i get hundreds weekly. but this time i chose not to delete it and clicked on the link, lo and behold,

http://www.equitorialtrustbank.com/index/res/service.html (ETB official Corporate Website)

When you enter details (please enter fake ones) the form accepts submisison then re-directs you to the Real Interswitch Website

This is scary business especially for those ETB customers who are already used to their Banks website and its url, they will simply enter the details and post straight away.

Meanwhile their accounts will be drained in locations far away

Please warn any ETB friend of this very clever scam. especially done from a real bank's website

Re: Warning! Etb Website Hijacked For Interswitch Atm Scam - Beware by ifyalways(f): 8:21am On Jun 04, 2009
Na wao.
Did u try to alert tha bank?

(1) (Reply)

Money Marketing And Spirituality - 7 Lessons Small Business Owners Need To Learn / Oceanic Bank’s Commitment To Take Banking Services To The Grassroot Irreversible / Origin of Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.