Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu (678 Views)

Believe Me, This Buhari Cabinet Isn’t Flying - By Dele Momodu / Tinubu, PDP And The Road To 2019 - By Dele Momodu / Family Of Diezani Alison-madueke Outraged By Dele Momodu's Visit To Her - Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu by kahal29: 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2015
LET’S GIVE BUHARI A CHANCE

Despite the hullabaloo surrounding the six-month old government of President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, I wish to remain one of the die-hards who would not write him off yet.

I had the chance of sitting with one of the Ministers the other day and he was able to take us through some of the challenges being faced by President Buhari. For example, he described the state of hopelessness inherited by him in May 2015 and said only God knows what would have happened if PDP had returned to power. He said the past administration had spent and stolen the country dead and Buhari and his economic team are now under pressure to find ways out of the cul-de-sac they’ve found themselves.

There were other revelations he made especially on the mind-boggling issue of corruption. I told him I agreed with some of his submissions but there are few things to be done by the government. First they need to reach out more powerfully to the people and explain the true situation of things. There seems to be a lot of confusion in the land. The anti-corruption war has become a drama whereby government and the embattled parties are busy exchanging brickbats daily. Cases should be prosecuted as soon as possible in the law courts instead of trying to get judgment from the courts of the people. No matter what happens, there is no way of convicting anyone on the pages of newspaper.

Two, government must make up its mind about the oil subsidy regime. Difficult decisions would have to be made as it is practically impossible to hide behind one finger. The scarcity of petroleum products in a land overflowing with oil has become too embarrassing and unbearable. Something drastic has to be done. The fear of taking risks should be removed as there is no alternative on ground.

President Buhari is very lucky to have what is lacking in most leaders; integrity. I don’t know much about the coterie of aides around him but the President will obviously not do deals. This makes it easy for Nigerians to trust him with their lives. As one of Nigeria’s biggest tycoons described him to us “the atmosphere will never be conducive to discuss deals with Buhari…” This is his biggest asset and the reason I would plead once more that those criticising him should exercise some patience. Nigeria degenerated so much in the past many years and it won’t be fixed in under one year.

May God bless our leaders with uncommon sagacity.

Culled From:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/time-to-give-and-inspire/227775/
Re: Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
What Shall It Profit Thee To Tag Yourself A Magician And Refuses To Do Some Abracadabra??

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu by benedictnsi(m): 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
You mean...... we should Add more Chances to the One chance government

1 Like

Re: Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu by Okanokan(m): 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2015
We are already in ONE CHANCE so which "chance" is he looking for again.
Re: Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu by tafabaloo(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
Kkk
Re: Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu by RockMaxi: 6:34pm On Dec 12, 2015

Uncle Dele should please continue with his paddy-paddy journalism and leave the issue of politics to those that really have it in them.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu by fistonati(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2015
Another one chance I guess, after 6 good months. The chance starts NOW........

1 Like

Re: Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu by Ama80(f): 7:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ds man is a prostitute.give him some undeserved attention and he wil sing ur praise.
Re: Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu by jorlons(m): 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
Del
Re: Let’s Give Buhari A Chance - By Dele Momodu by ikaboy: 11:04am On Dec 13, 2015
In Buhari I trust

(1) (Reply)

INEC Decides On Bayelsa Supplementary Poll Tomorrow / Security Alert For EZEIFE! / How Nigerians Can Help Buhari To Recover Stolen Funds —femi Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.