Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,963 members, 7,873,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria (666 Views)

Paris Terror Attacks Is Obama And Nato's Handwork / ‘stop Making Mockery Of Governance’ PDP Tells APC / Why Is Obama Visiting Ghana Before Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by Litmus: 2:24am On Jun 04, 2009
A question for the people who believe that Nigeria is so loved by the world they are all lining up to abuse us for our own good.
Re: Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:19am On Jun 04, 2009
Dey dia dey wait make obama visit your village and shake your village chief. tongue
Re: Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by udezue(m): 3:33am On Jun 04, 2009
Hows Nigeria his own palava?
Re: Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by Uchek(m): 3:36am On Jun 04, 2009
1) Saudi Arabia has more serious leaders than Nigeria

2) They don't import  fuel like Nigeria.

3) They utilised their petro dollars better than Nigeria

4) Their State equivalent of NNPC ( ARAMCO) is a benchmark for refining excellence and energy leadership

5) A few corner their oil wealth but use it to develop their country

6) They have diversified thier oil wealth by investing in Europe and America.

7) They display a modicum of seriousness in governance than Nigeria

cool They are of more strategic importance to USA and the world than Nigeria

9) Who cares about our country Nigeria? For all our oil supply, the world can always do without us.

10) Do you still want more answers?

When we put our house in order and have TRUE LEADERS (NOT RULERS) OR SHOULD I SAY ROBBERS(notice the similarities) , the world would be eager to associate with us.

CHIKINA!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by Lagosboy: 10:15am On Jun 04, 2009
Although i hate the moral aspect of the saudi government formation, i have to confess they serve their people and the political administration is excellent. I do business in the oil industry and i have worked on Aramco projects and have loads of saudi friends there, it makes me wonder why peopel say state owned companies never do well. Aramco is the pride of Saudi , it could compete well with shell, Exxon in terms of organisation, management and technology. Aramco is dominated and run by saudis themselves, highly educated and intelligent engineers. Whereas NNPc is d cradle of corruption, the epitome of misadministration, the peak of mediocrity, it is fact shit in its optimum manifestation.

Comparing Saudi governance to Nigeria is like comparing shit to cake i hate to say.
Re: Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by ElRazur: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2009
Litmus:

A question for the people who believe that Nigeria is so loved by the world they are all lining up to abuse us for our own good.

Erm Obama's travel this time is aimed at bridging the gap between the West and the Muslim world. So ideally, it makes more sense to start at a place regarded as the bed of Islam.

Gosh. Cleary, you have no idea as to why he is travelling. A bit of [i]googling [/i]and researching next time can go a long way you know. Kai!
Re: Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by Litmus: 10:56am On Jun 04, 2009
In my opinion, the quote below is closest to the true reason.

Uchek

They are of more strategic importance to USA and the world than Nigeria

The rest are just the usual answers given by people who choose to superimpose their own wishes and desires on the motives of others.  America dose not give a damned about good governess so long as it does not pose a threat to their national interests. For this reason, I appeal to Nigerians who put forward the  ridiculous argument that those who maltreat or marginalise Nigeria or Nigerians do so for our own good, to stop making a fool of themselves  on the world stage.
Re: Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by wirinet(m): 11:08am On Jun 04, 2009
One I can think of is:

Saudi Arabia is not lying to the world that it is practicing Democracy.
They did not call the world to monitor elections only to make a fool of themselves.
Re: Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by Litmus: 11:32am On Jun 04, 2009
America, Nigeria, Russia and Pakistan are all social constructs competing against one another in a world of scarcity. America does not care what type of elections Nigeria conducts. If the current Nigerian President, dictatorship, foolship or whatever you choose to call those in power in Nigeria,had nuclear weapon, peed on the America flag, Obama would respect Nigeria as much as he does Pakistan and North Korea.
Re: Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by AjaraEwuro: 11:48am On Jun 04, 2009
If Obama were a Nigerian president, they would have accused him of money wasting for foreign trips. Foolish people.
Re: Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by DDMoses(m): 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2009
You make laugh when i read this your topic, If Obama want Good Governance in Nigeria? may i ask? what concern Obama about Nigeria, is America not a country? what about Nigeria, are we not a country? proudly saying that giant of Africa, so what are you saying that If Obama want good governance in Nigeria. though, generally accpeted that Obama being the president of america is the first citizen of the world or called him world ruler but yet there is still a little different between this. It is we that we will worked out our own governnance not Obama, what will Obama do if peradventure he comes to Nigeria, i laugh at our leaders even called them crazy entity when they were planning to meet Obama in Ghana during his visitation, is Obama a God? is he the one that will revive or revolutionalize Nigeria, No, emphatically no, it we, the Nigerian that we have to fastening our seatbelt and get things right.
Re: Why Is Obama Visiting Saudi Arabia If He So Wants Good Governance In Nigeria by IFYIBEH: 2:01am On Jun 05, 2009
Obama's visit to Nigeria cannot change Nigeria in reference to governance.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Commences Electronic Clearance Of Cargoes / Blame Lagos, Not Adedibu, For Rise In Armed Robberies In Ibadan / Only In Naija(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.