Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,607 members, 7,941,336 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE (936 Views)

Crocodile Chops Off Tourist's Leg In A Lake In Uganda (Graphic Pics) / Truck Conveying Prisoners In Uganda Involved In Fatal Accident, Many Feared Dead / Life In Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE by edwapkalmeed(m): 6:50am On Dec 13, 2015
“Did you know that if you poured water in a funnel on the northern hemisphere it runs clockwise and in the southern hemisphere it runs counter-clockwise and right on the line the water goes straight?” Being able to stand on the equator is a privilege only a few have the opportunity to experience, as the imaginary line passes through a only few countries in Africa, South America, several islands; and oceans. The demonstration that you are about to see is one of a kind– and i bet — it will blow your mind– and perhaps you will learn a few things about the forces of nature. “If you pour water when you are northern side of the equator on top of this funnel it drains in the clockwise direction and on the southern side it will change and drain anti-clockwise. And right here on the straight-line there won’t is any movement. And this is caused by the cirrhosis’ effect of the magnetic field. After pouring the reason why i put this metal is just to make the water calm down so that i does not pour. After making it still, i drop this flower on top to show its direction: it runs clockwise. This means that those who are living in the northern hemisphere: when you flush your toilet or open the sink plug the water will run clockwise. Southern hemisphere: the flower changes direction and runs anti-clockwise. Some countries in the southern hemisphere for example New Zealand and Argentina all there toilets flush this direction. Did you know that the equator traverses the land and territorial waters of 14 countries and seven of them are in Africa? Uganda is one of the few countries in the world that the equator intersects. The equator crosses through Uganda approximately 72 kilometers south of Kampala, along the famous Kampala – Masaka road.

http://paulndiho.com/2014/02/04/ugandas-equator-line-boosts-tourism/
Re: What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE by Patdedon(m): 6:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Interesting
Re: What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE by gunpoint(m): 7:03am On Dec 13, 2015
This long post just about toilet flushing? undecided
Re: What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE by edwapkalmeed(m): 7:05am On Dec 13, 2015
gunpoint:
This long post just about toilet flushing? undecided
it is about the direction of water even in funnels .
Re: What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE by gunpoint(m): 7:06am On Dec 13, 2015
edwapkalmeed:

it is about the direction of water even in funnels .

So its about toilets flushing then? All this long something? undecided
Re: What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE by feldido(m): 7:17am On Dec 13, 2015
Guy! I don tire for this nonsense. Give me the remote jare grin
Re: What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE by anangboy(m): 9:59am On Dec 13, 2015
The most depressing thing in the world, i think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. There is so much to learn and discover on this earth that it is forgiven if we live as a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity of knowledge.

Advances in science & engineering look like a drop in the ocean but it is my firm belief that someday, the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality and the frightful position man will find himself at the possession of such astounding power.
Re: What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE by Demolinhoooo(m): 10:29am On Dec 13, 2015
ok
Re: What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE by faray: 12:12am On Dec 14, 2015
who equator line don help?

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About The UGANDA’S EQUATOR LINE by pansophist(m): 2:17am On Dec 14, 2015
anangboy:
The most depressing thing in the world, i think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. There is so much to learn and discover on this earth that it is forgiven if we live as a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity of knowledge.

Advances in science & engineering look like a drop in the ocean but it is my firm belief that someday, the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality and the frightful position man will find himself at the possession of such astounding power.

Oga, na naija we de na, if you go speak this kind grammar, de go UK jare. grin

True talk.

(1) (Reply)

Top 3 Hotel Deals For Easter In Lagos / Accident Involving A Trailer Under Ijora Bridge - 3 People Dead (Graphic Photos) / Ghana Begins Visa-on-arrival Policy For AU Member States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.