Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,594 members, 7,972,195 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 06:24 AM

Being Raped As A Teen Changed My Life Completely-- Lady Gaga - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Being Raped As A Teen Changed My Life Completely-- Lady Gaga (882 Views)

Richard Mofe-Damijo Goes Bike Riding. Fans Go Gaga (Photos) / The Curves On Moesha Babiinoti Boduong Is Making Guys Go Gaga On Instagram! / Falz And Simi Release More Romantic Photos, Fans Go Gaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Raped As A Teen Changed My Life Completely-- Lady Gaga by Vabadonsblog(m): 12:38pm On Dec 13, 2015
Lady Gaga has been into series of traumas lately. She told her story of how she was raped as a young girl and continued in the act for over seven years which has changed her life fundamentally. In a documentary of her new song, she hopes it will shine light on this terrifying epidemic that has really traumatized her and hopes no one as young as she was go through such pain.

While speaking at a TimesTalks panel discussion for the documentary The Hunting Ground, which focuses on the growing epidemic of campus rape, she shared her personal experiences, and why she penned a song for the film. She doesn’t want to be defined by what happened to her.

“I think it was important to everyone that the person singing this song had been abused, or experienced something like that so it was authentic,” Gaga said at the panel discussion of the song she penned for the documentary, “Til It Happens to You.”

“I didn’t tell anyone for I think seven years [about the rape]. I didn’t know how to think about it,” Gaga said. “I didn’t know how to accept it. I didn’t know how to not blame myself or think it was my fault. It’s something that really changed my life. It changed who I was completely. It changed my body, it changed my thoughts.”

Gaga spoke further about how the rape changed her body. “When you go through a trauma like that, it doesn’t just have the immediate physical ramifications,” Gaga said. “For many people it has almost like trauma, where you re-experience it through the years after it. It can trigger patterns in your body of physical distress. So a lot of people suffer not just emotional and mental pain, but physical pain as a result of being abused, raped or traumatized in some way.”

She first spoke about the rape on the Howard Stern Show in December 14, and expressed that she didn’t want the crime to define her. Why should it? Gaga’s an incredible, successful — dare we say iconic? — artist who keeps growing and amazing every time she’s in the spotlight. Who else can perform with Tony Bennett one day, and shock in bloody glory on American Horror Story the next?

“I’ll be damned if somebody’s gonna say that every creatively intelligent thing that I ever did is all boiled down to one d—head that did that to me,” Gaga told Howard.” Hear, hear!

Source: http://www.vabadon.com/2015/12/being-raped-as-teen-changed-my-life.html?m=1

Re: Being Raped As A Teen Changed My Life Completely-- Lady Gaga by boboLIL(m): 12:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
changed ur life to illuminati sluttt abi?
Re: Being Raped As A Teen Changed My Life Completely-- Lady Gaga by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
Her songs are not impressive.

Rape didnt change nobody it only brought out the worst.

(1) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage, Korede Bello, Don Jazzy And Others At Red Album Listening Party / Child Stars That Grew Up Become Ugly / Uche Jombo And Hubby All Love Up As He Turns A Year Older (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.