Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,321 members, 7,888,003 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:30 PM

Christianity And Names - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Names (472 Views)

Between Jesus And Paul, Who Founded Christianity And It Doctrines. / The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. / Christianity And Islam Are Both False Religions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity And Names by ifenadi(m): 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2015
ifenadi:
I had an argument with a friend on Facebook and I decided to bring this issue here. This guy went to pastoral school and he is now a pastor. He came to Facebook to announce this to us last year. He also told us that he has changed firstname because the name does not give glory to God and can't be find anywhere near Bible. We all saw the news and decided to let it go

Today he came again and changed both his middle name and surname citing that both names are not Christian enough hence I decided to challenge him. I have attached screen shot of his Facebook update here.

I am Catholic and there was a time a friend of mine asked me to be the God father of his son. My friend wanted to name his son Arinze. The Rev father resisted it outrightly citing that the name is not in the Bible is not Christian enough. At the end my friend gave in and changed the name.

I know that Bible tell us a story mainly about people of Isreal before, during and after Jesus and we then become conversant with those good men in the bible. I also know that those good people in the Bible bears their native names (Peter is Jewish native name) and since they were good people in the bible we generally wish to be identify ourselves with those names.

I also know that during the period recorded in the Bible, there are also other good people in other part of the world which the Bible didn't record.

My questions is now this

Is there anywhere in the Bible it is written that we Must always name our kids before those names that feature in a Bible?

Re: Christianity And Names by frankay430(m): 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
ok
Re: Christianity And Names by tpiar: 3:07pm On Dec 13, 2015
What does emenanjo mean?

(1) (Reply)

. / Saw My Grandmother In My Dream / Share A Testimony With Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.