Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,143 members, 7,949,942 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why Do We Keep Suffering From Malaria? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do We Keep Suffering From Malaria? (7496 Views)

Best Way To Treat Mosquito And Be Free From Malaria / Malaria Resistance Again? Even With Amatem Or Coartem? God Save Us From Malaria / What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Keep Suffering From Malaria? by nferyn(m): 9:14pm On May 09, 2006
eveseh:

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy

OK
i agree with ya,
so can u tell me why we suffer from malaria? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Read my contributions to this thread. I hope you already passed a basic reading comprehension test at school or has the level in the schools of our northern neighbours already dropped that much that it is no longer an option?
Re: Why Do We Keep Suffering From Malaria? by eveseh(f): 9:16pm On May 09, 2006
nferyn:

Read my contributions to this thread. I hope you already passed a basic reading comprehension test at school or has the level in the schools of our northern neighbours already dropped that much that is no longer an option?

whateva,anyway thanks for that
Re: Why Do We Keep Suffering From Malaria? by lagbaja(m): 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2009
Believe it or not, there is a grand conspiracy against the eradication of Malaria in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. There are both local and international actors. Malaria is the greatest killer of children and adult in Africa. a child dies every 30 seconds from malaria related illnesses. The foremost reason why malaria have not been wiped out despite the fact that it was succesfully controlled in the 70s and 80s using DDT is because it is a tool being used by the western world to control the population explosion in Africa. DDT was stopped because it was found to be toxic to our body system, but research have shown that several more lives are lost by not using DDT than would have been lost if DDT was used. Lavicides have since been discovered to do exactly what DDT does and even better without any side effect, but we are yet to see it put to maximum use in Nigeria.

The introduction of Mosquito nets are mere distrations and playing to the gallery, how many of us would want to stay under a mosquito net and sweat all night through in the absence of electricty to power our fans. The use of DDT costs $2 per head annually, while the use of Lavicides costs $0.2 per head annually. The question is why is it not yet popularly used despite its affordability and effectiveness. The local collaborators in the conspiracy includes the pharmaceutical companies who makes 80% of their annual income from sales of malaria drugs, the Insecticide manufacturers are in the list also. and the civil servants government who get grants from NGOs around the world from propagating the gospel of Malaria in Africa.

let us all speak out against this grand conspiracy and save the lives of Nigerian children.
Re: Why Do We Keep Suffering From Malaria? by vinotinto5: 10:17am On Apr 25, 2017
Have you come across the BEST HEALTH SITE in Nigeria? https://naturesgist.com/ . They are certainly the best to me. I came across it via Google and I got the information I needed. I used that opportunity to go through some of their articles, and I saw that they are all unique, comprehensive and amazing. These are kinds of sites I love. If the owners are reading this now, Please I will say GOOD STUFF!!!!! You guys make us proud...
Re: Why Do We Keep Suffering From Malaria? by ERCROSS(m): 12:44am On May 24, 2017
Seun:
Hello,

Malaria is a well understood disease. We know that it is spread by mosquitos.
Mosquitos are well understood insects. We know they spread by breeding in stagnant pools of water.
So, why do so many people keep falling victim to it every year?

- We don't often clear the puddles in our compounds.
- We don't always use insecticides to clear our rooms of mosquitos.
- We don't use mosquito nets and insect repellants as diligently as we should.
- Some people don't believe in taking drugs until the fever is fully blown.

Let's just be more vigilant and malaria will be under control!

Seun

Broh Seun...
Can you help me use your Almighty connection in securing a placement for my 6month siwes . Abeg
it is due to commence on The first of September 2017. Will be waiting to hear from u sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With Suicide Thoughts? / Pastor Adeboye Builds N100m Cancer Screening And Prevention Center / Mobile Verification For All Drugs Not Possible Now – NAFDAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.