Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,848 members, 7,872,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? (1195 Views)

For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! / Little Kids Talked About Easter (video) / Amazing Scientific Proof That Hell Exists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by swankylay(m): 6:40am On Dec 14, 2015
This question has been on my mind since and no matter How many times I Ask, I don't get convincing answer. If u observe Well , religion is much more practiced in underdeveloped contries. And pastors "threatens" that if u do this n that (social vices) u go to hell. Eg smoking, alcohol, premarital sex, ladies wearing trousers, make up, earrings, tattoos, piercing etc. Makes me wonder, is it because of our culture or poverty level in Nigeria? Why are the developed countries not seeing most listed above as sin. Or God will judge them differently?

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 14, 2015
Last Days we already look like burnt sh!t

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by marshalcarter: 6:46am On Dec 14, 2015
If you ask meeeee...na who i go ask...the matter you see soooo...e tey wey e staaaaaaaaaand...no be me go taaaaaaaaaaaalk aaaam...e heavy for moooooouuuuth.....if you aaaaask meeeee..the matter for ground....grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 14, 2015
Read my signature smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by cloudgoddess(f): 6:56am On Dec 14, 2015
because the underdeveloped and uneducated are more easily controlled by fear, and pastors take advantage of that by instilling it vehemently.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by respect80(m): 7:10am On Dec 14, 2015
@op just go straight to the point by saying God doesn't exist.
But don't forget that hell is still talked about in the developed world.
Humans can easily be convinced by what they see and with the level of development in their own world, God's in existence seems to be true but the real truth is that God is real.

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by feldido(m): 7:25am On Dec 14, 2015
Are you sure it's Hell they talk about or Prosperity? undecided
Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by Ayo081(m): 7:49am On Dec 14, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Read my signature smiley
Scam alert
Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 14, 2015
Ayo081:
Scam alert
Wats scam there when no one is spending a dime useless piece of trash u are.
Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by Ayo081(m): 9:37am On Dec 14, 2015
EroticAngelina:

Wats scam there when no one is spending a dime useless piece of trash u are.
technically not scamming since peeps don't loose anything buh time., and It's a scam because it is misleading the person . think of it making grand claims of what it could do and faked that it could do it but in the end, it could do none of those things.
For example... using the referral links and claiming that they're a means to get X mount when they're not.
Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 14, 2015
Ayo081:

technically not scamming since peeps don't loose anything buh time., and It's a scam because it is misleading the person . think of it making grand claims of what it could do and faked that it could do it but in the end, it could do none of those things.
For example... using the referral links and claiming that they're a means to get X mount when they're not.
ur jx a jobless lowlife. so I won't bother giving u attention next tym. mtchew
Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by Ayo081(m): 11:49am On Dec 14, 2015
EroticAngelina:
ur jx a jobless lowlife. so I won't bother giving u attention next tym. mtchew
https://www.nairaland.com/2543854/best-online-business-nigeria
Get a good job or b an olosho
Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by ifenes(m): 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
I have never seen a church program on national TV,except when I visit Nigeria. In fact it is almost a crime to mention hell fire. My friends wife got a sack at work for suggesting someone(a patient in the hospital) turned to Jesus for healing. And I must say this is much better society than those who shout hell fire and Jesus all the time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by ifenes(m): 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2015
cloudgoddess:
because the underdeveloped and uneducated are more easily controlled by fear, and pastors take advantage of that by instilling it vehemently.

That is exactly what it is...Fear and lack of proper education.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2015
ifenes:
I have never seen a church program on national TV,except when I visit Nigeria. In fact it is almost a crime to mention hell fire. My friends wife got a sack at work for suggesting someone(a patient in the hospital) turned to Jesus for healing. And I must say this is much better society than those who shout hell fire and Jesus all the time.

I dare to disagree:

1. there are church programs on national TV in Europe (just limited broadcast time, minorities have directly proportional broadcast time on national TV, christian/muslim/buddhist broadcasting etc)
2. there is freedom of speech, which counts as much for those mentioning hell fire as those mentioning the opposite
3. you can't get sacked just on the ground you mentioned, its depends very much on the circumstances and the specific context. For instance, as a nurse you might find a patient who wants to pray with you, and if there is time for that and it wont derail your direct general duties, you are definitely allowed to do so if you want
4. a society is not much better because of religion/lack of religion, as you say you are based in the UK you may get some glasses and start looking around at the social problems around you...extreme high rate of teen pregnancies and single mothers despite of full availability of abortion and anticonceptiva, huge problems with alcohol and drugs abuse among the youth despite of laws forbidding teenagers to drink or buy alcoholics, serious spread of STD's despite of free condoms in every toilet, serious levels of domestic violence despite of stricts laws, high number of rapes (while still underreported), suicide rates are impressive despite of availability of professional and often free psychological help, school drop out rates are serious too while good access to high quality education for anyone...and there is a lot of hidden problems and sadness you only see when you work at the backside of the success of a society...because the problems here are more hidden...behind the like-generation there is a society that is absolute as lost as those who are shouting Jesus hell and fire...maybe even more lost.
Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by ifenes(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
Tufanja:

I dare to disagree:

1. there are church programs on national TV in Europe (just limited broadcast time, minorities have directly proportional broadcast time on national TV, christian/muslim/buddhist broadcasting etc)
2. there is freedom of speech, which counts as much for those mentioning hell fire as those mentioning the opposite
3. you can't get sacked just on the ground you mentioned, its depends very much on the circumstances and the specific context. For instance, as a nurse you might find a patient who wants to pray with you, and if there is time for that and it wont derail your direct general duties, you are definitely allowed to do so if you want
4. a society is not much better because of religion/lack of religion, as you say you are based in the UK you may get some glasses and start looking around at the social problems around you...extreme high rate of teen pregnancies and single mothers despite of full availability of abortion and anticonceptiva, huge problems with alcohol and drugs abuse among the youth despite of laws forbidding teenagers to drink or buy alcoholics, serious spread of STD's despite of free condoms in every toilet, serious levels of domestic violence despite of stricts laws, high number of rapes (while still underreported), suicide rates are impressive despite of availability of professional and often free psychological help, school drop out rates are serious too while good access to high quality education for anyone...and there is a lot of hidden problems and sadness you only see when you work at the backside of the success of a society...because the problems here are more hidden...behind the like-generation there is a society that is absolute as lost as those who are shouting Jesus hell and fire...maybe even more lost.

Kindly give me examples of such National TV channels?
Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
ifenes:

Kindly give me examples of such National TV channels?

If you are keen to know and doubt the truth of my statement you can DM me. Dont wanna make public where I am based.
Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by tpiar: 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
feldido:
Are you sure it's Hell they talk about or Prosperity? undecided

both.
Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
O.P have you left the shores of Nigeria before?? if not then close your thread, because I'm a frequent traveller and all the churches I been to overseas have preached about it. People in Nigeria always assume that foreign Christians condone immorality but that's a big lie. you have to travel to know.
swankylay:
This question has been on my mind since and no matter How many times I Ask, I don't get convincing answer. If u observe Well , religion is much more practiced in underdeveloped contries. And pastors "threatens" that if u do this n that (social vices) u go to hell. Eg smoking, alcohol, premarital sex, ladies wearing trousers, make up, earrings, tattoos, piercing etc. Makes me wonder, is it because of our culture or poverty level in Nigeria? Why are the developed countries not seeing most listed above as sin. Or God will judge them differently?

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Hell Is Much More Talked About In African Countries? by lepasharon(f): 11:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
Religion benefits the rich and the poor need it to cling onto because it gives them false hope of a better situation when they die.

(1) (Reply)

The Concept Of Free Will. A Conversation Between Man And God / Muslims in Malaysia Are Now Finally Allowed to legally be a Christian. It’s Trul / Sitting Position For Husband And Wife In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.