Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:12 AM

help from the experienced/professional petlanders - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / help from the experienced/professional petlanders (823 Views)

Petlanders .... Say Hello To My New Puppy.. Pet Dog... / OYA PETLANDERS, let's post throwback pics of our beautiful dogs / A Big Tank U To All Petlanders...from bobby saxy kennel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

help from the experienced/professional petlanders by dochman779: 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
hello petlanders,
I have a question can a female medium dog that mated with a large dog be able to give birth to her puppies. pls I need reply from does that have experienced dis encounter and experts/vet to help out. thanks
cc:
predeegee
arcbay
generaj1etc and
those reading the trend, thanks.
Re: help from the experienced/professional petlanders by arcbay(m): 9:33am On Dec 26, 2015
dochman779:
hello petlanders,
I have a question can a female medium dog that mated with a large dog be able to give birth to her puppies. pls I need reply from does that have experienced dis encounter and experts/vet to help out. thanks
cc:
predeegee
arcbay
generaj1etc and

And if I may ask, why would u want to mate two unrelated breeds? Not so nice u know, what do u think the outcome would look like?

Anyways to address ur question, Yes it is possible, it's a 50/50 situation...Either the weight of the pregnancy kills d bitch or she survives it depending on the breed of the stud tho.

I've seen someone mate his GSD with a neapolitan mastiff...She died barely 4 weeks into pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: help from the experienced/professional petlanders by ImFortress(m): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
arcbay:

And if I may ask, why would u want to mate two unrelated breeds? Not so nice u know, what do u think the outcome would look like?

Anyways to address ur question, Yes it is possible, it's a 50/50 situation...Either the weight of the pregnancy kills d bitch or she survives it depending on the breed of the stud tho.

I've seen someone mate his GSD with a neapolitan mastiff...She died barely 4 weeks into pregnancy.

I don't think size matters. God that created their womb gave them the aability to shrink puppies to fit the womb, after all some dogs give birth to 20 and didn't die, Knyte BB gave birth to 17 and she didn't die.
And for that GSD ppuppy size can't kill Her at even 5 weeks even if puppy size do kills

Dochman779 you don't have a problem, better still ask Google
Re: help from the experienced/professional petlanders by arcbay(m): 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
ImFortress:

I don't think size matters. God that created their womb gave them the aability to shrink puppies to fit the womb, after all some dogs give birth to 20 and didn't die, Knyte BB gave birth to 17 and she didn't die.
And for that GSD ppuppy size can't kill Her at even 5 weeks even if puppy size do kills

Dochman779 you don't have a problem, better still ask Google

Bros, please I don't wanna argue...
You're getting yourself confused here, or I'm probably getting a wrong interpretation of the problem the Op tabled, he asked if a medium breed could be mated witha large breed...

That shld tell u one thing, that he probably means mating a GSD with a neapo for example...

And to burst ur bubble, write-ups on Google search engines were written by people like you and me, not by God...and they are prone to mistakes and errors like every other human.

Since Google is ur criterion for seeking knowledge, ask the same Google the dangers of mating two unrelated breeds, size-wise, and come back here to tell us what u found...

Anyways, merry xmas and a happy new year in advance. Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: help from the experienced/professional petlanders by miremoses(m): 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
dochman779:
hello petlanders,
cc:
predeegee
arcbay
generaj1etc and

.sir?..it depends on the breed...but if u ask me its not safe to use un-related breeds for mating....just like my friend here said,mating a nap mastiff wit a gsd...dats murder...it arent adviseble...my own opinion tho

(1) (Reply)

Rottweiler Presently On Heat For Sale Urgently / Please Help Identify This Breed / Caucasian Pups 6weeks+ Available For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.