Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,863 members, 7,972,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:46 AM

Over Aged Players For Rio 2016 Olympics. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Over Aged Players For Rio 2016 Olympics. (868 Views)

Nigeria Vs Honduras: Rio 2016 Olympics 3rd Place (3 - 2) On 20th August 2016 / Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics / Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over Aged Players For Rio 2016 Olympics. by wanchope: 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2015
It is no longer news that the Dream team VI are the Champions of the African U-23 recently held in Senegal and have equally qualfied for RIO 2016 Olympics.
Coming to the issue of selecting 3 over aged players, i think coach Siasia should select one defender, a defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder. My reason for this is because of the number of goals we concieved. Lets be honest, if it was not for the talent and brilliance of our goalkeeper we would not have won the trophy or even qualfied for the Olympics. My choice are :Oboabona, Ogenyi Onazi and Visitor Moses.. Feel free to add yours.
Re: Over Aged Players For Rio 2016 Olympics. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
Oboa-what??

Omeruo, maybe Ogenyi, forget about Victor Mosis, he probably won't honor the invitation.

I think we can get some very good foreign based U-23 players; Isaac Success, Ihenacho, Yaya and even Mosis Simon, Iwobi, Akpom, Solanke and also the new kid in Totenhamm, Joshua Onome, Fernando Adi, Chidiebere Nwakali.

Yes I know the guys who qualified deserve to be given priority but hey so long as these guys are Nigerian, they also have a right to make it into the team
Re: Over Aged Players For Rio 2016 Olympics. by Icon4s(m): 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
Taliban:
Oboa-what??

Omeruo, maybe Ogenyi, forget about Victor Mosis, he probably won't honor the invitation.

I think we can get some very good foreign based U-23 players; Isaac Success, Ihenacho, Yaya and even Mosis Simon, Iwobi, Akpom, Solanke and also the new kid in Totenhamm, Joshua Onome, Fernando Adi, Chidiebere Nwakali.

Yes I know the guys who qualified deserve to be given priority but hey so long as these guys are Nigerian, they also have a right to make it into the team

Omeruo is U23. U have only mentioned 1 over-aged player: Onazi. Hu are ur other 2?

1 Like

Re: Over Aged Players For Rio 2016 Olympics. by Icon4s(m): 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
wanchope:
It is no longer news that the Dream team VI are the Champions of the African U-23 recently held in Senegal and have equally qualfied for RIO 2016 Olympics.
Coming to the issue of selecting 3 over aged players, i think coach Siasia should select one defender, a defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder. My reason for this is because of the number of goals we concieved. Lets be honest, if it was not for the talent and brilliance of our goalkeeper we would not have won the trophy or even qualfied for the Olympics. My choice are :Oboabona, Ogenyi Onazi and Visitor Moses.. Feel free to add yours.

I would prefare 2 defenders and 1 defensive midfielder. Leon Balogun, Efe Ambrose and Ogenyi Onazi are my picks.
Re: Over Aged Players For Rio 2016 Olympics. by isan(m): 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2015
My view....... Victor moses , onazi and ighalo
Re: Over Aged Players For Rio 2016 Olympics. by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 15, 2015
The current Super Eagles does not have any special over 23 player anymore. Asides Musa, Ogenyi, Ighalo and maybe Victor Mosis (I don't think he's interested in playing for Nigeria again) I can't think of anyone else honestly.

I would prefare 2 defenders and 1 defensive midfielder. Leon Balogun, Efe Ambrose and Ogenyi Onazi are my picks.[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Nasri Out, Iheanacho In: Man City Name Champions League Squad / Mybets9ja.com For Your Daily Sport Update And Betting Tips / Real Madrid's Loss At Wolfsburg, Exposes The Decline Of Sergio Ramos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.