Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,771 members, 7,979,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:53 PM

Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail (1342 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 / Fayose Poses In Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Ruling (photos) / Biafra: Court Provides Barricade For Witnesses Against Kanu [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by Stolen: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
Biafra: Court sets date for decision on Nnamdi Kanu’s bail

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/195175-biafra-court-sets-date-for-decision-on-nnamdi-kanus-bail.html

Police disperse pro-Biafra agitators in Asaba
November 6, 2015
A Federal High Court in Abuja will on Thursday rule on a bail application for the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, who has been in detention since October.
Mr. Kanu, the director of the underground Radio Biafra, was arrested by the State Security Service.
Calls for his release led to demonstrations in several south east states.
On Monday, the counsel to the SSS, Moses Idakwo, asked that the court to disregard the bail application by Mr. Kanu’s counsel, Vincent Obeta.
Mr. Idakwo argued that Mr. Kanu should not be granted bail as the charge against him was terrorism-related.
He said the SSS had evidence of bank accounts owned by Mr. Kanu, where monies (in dollars and pound sterling) were used for financing terrorism against Nigeria.
Mr. Idakwo told the court that Mr. Kanu had dual citizenship of Britain and Nigeria and therefore could flee justice, if granted bail.
He also said the bail conditions issued by a magistrate court were still yet to be perfected by Mr. Kanu.
But Mr. Kanu’s counsel, Mr. Obeta, dismissed the arguments of the SSS as being speculative.
He told the court that his client had long offered to meet the financial requirement by the Abuja Geographical Information System (AGIS) for ascertaining the authenticity of the properties belonging to the surety, but that his offer was rejected by the SSS.
Mr. Obeta told the court that the SSS had on four occasions flouted the order of the magistrate court, adding that an order had since been given for his client’s release, on bail.
He said the request by the SSS to further detain Mr. Kanu for another 90 days, according to section 27 of the Terrorism Prevention Act, was a negation of his client’s right.
Mr. Obeta also said his client had been in detention for 90 days, as at Monday.
Justice Adeniyi Ademola, who seemed quite unfamiliar with the case, said he would look into the matter and would issue a ruling Thursday.
Re: Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by chocolateme(f): 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by Stolen: 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2015
If Buhari knows wat is in the interest of Nigeria, he will let Nnamdi go. Only Nnamdi release can stop all mass protest.

As long as he has him, people will be brave to protest, afterall Nnamdi has already sacrificed his life for the course, he has done his bit and i must do mine. That kind of mentality.

In other words, holding Nnamdi is emboldening people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by Ebubeslym(m): 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
CLICK LIKE
For the strength and the ability not to falter under pressure exhibited by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Buhari buhari how many times did I call u I go use myndd44 cane u comot for aso rock oooo myndd44 if u like do ur job I dey camkpe
Re: Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by pet4ril(f): 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hmmmmm, when i was young, i thought going to school is just all about getting a government work........ But now i see it also have a positive effect on sense of reasoning

Heaven bear me witness i didn't say anything ooooo but school good i swear
Re: Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 15, 2015
Treasonable felony...
Funny that the "zoo" still stands and Nnamdi kanu has fallen.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by Blurr(m): 8:06am On Dec 15, 2015
#bringbackourkanu
Re: Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by Samirana360(m): 8:34am On Dec 15, 2015
biafra is here
Re: Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 15, 2015
Stolen:
If Buhari knows wat is in the interest of Nigeria, he will let Nnamdi go. Only Nnamdi release can stop all mass protest.

As long as he has him, people will be brave to protest, afterall Nnamdi has already sacrificed his life for the course, he has done his bit and i must do mine. That kind of mentality.

In other words, holding Nnamdi is emboldening people.

Not just the protest...imminent violence. IPOB has been extremely patient and restraint to my surprise largely to the strong leadership of IPOB. Come DEC 17th and Nnamdi is not released, personally I'll not blame them. SSS with the same lame excuse...he has not met his bail conditions vis-a-vis verification of surety bond in the form of landed property. Who are you fooling SSS since October 23rd? This is the kind of Nigerian-style excuse that irritates people even non IPOB members.
Re: Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by osazeeblue01: 9:02am On Dec 15, 2015
Buhari should let peace reign in this country
Re: Biafra: Court Sets Date For Decision On Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail by roskojo: 11:31am On Dec 15, 2015
Onitsha and Alaba market as bail conditions. Buhari wanted Igbo business.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government To Reduce Price Of Petrol To N85 Per Litre From Jan 1, 2016 / Exposed! Obasanjo Reveals Those Behind Nigeria’s Failure / Army Reclaims Gwashari Village,Kills 1 & Capture 3 Boko Haram Terrorists(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.